Loot Swings

Zenzile

Stalker
Society
CRT
Zenzile
I understand this is a big part of how MA makes money off mining and miners but wtf..

Mining loot swings are so huge, they seriously need to be toned down. I would consider myself a fairly dedicated person when I set my mind to something, but it is hard to stay dedicated and have fun when you lose 5k ped in 4 days with 128% avg mu. Thus you can imagine the tt returns.

Over nearly 100k cycled, I am sitting at below 80% tt returns.

Is MA so greedy that they give you outrageous returns in hopes that you will give up and leave them with hundreds or thousands of dollars?

What the hell. It makes this game so frustrating and unenjoyable. I don't mind bad loot from time to time but a consistent 50-60% return is outrageous.

Reactions: MPZ

I don't mind bad loot from time to time but a consistent 50-60% return is outrageous.

I'm not sure you can really call that a loot swing. I think you're doing something wrong.

How can you do anything wrong? He has results to show how the loot can change from each run and i totally agree with this.

Heya Zenzile! Simply stay out of any indoor mining for some time and you won`t lose 5ks in some days. If you can`t afford such big swings its better to do planetside mining. Its not uncommon to lose such an amount in a few days on foma or hell or any other indoor mining site.

I understand this is a big part of how MA makes money off mining and miners but wtf..

There are big swings on other professions as well.
Do not think that miners should be special case. At least you have nice MU compared to hunting.

There are big swings on other professions as well.
Do not think that miners should be special case. At least you have nice MU compared to hunting.

Good point.

I also don't like the wide loot swings..That's why I stay logged off now..Best not to play if it's so bad..sorry to have to say :(..really sucks..such a good game

I could debate about TT returns and MU you get, but instead I'll say this...

When was the last time you played the game for fun? :tongue2:

When was the last time you played the game for fun? :tongue2:

when was the last time you threw fist fulls of cash into a garbage can and lit it on fire, for fun?

When was the last time you played the game for fun?

I only play this game for fun. otherwise, what the fucking point.

Heya Zenzile! Simply stay out of any indoor mining for some time and you won`t lose 5ks in some days.

Good point.

Is there any "new" good reason for this ?

Has MA changed that much the refresh rate of NRF blocking new claims
(after a failure by somebody don't bother mine (the same type of resourse which failed) there for a while, what the "value of that while" is depends)

I advise everybody to know what kind of mining activity has been going on there previously in an area especially in indoor mining. (also if you don't have enough PED to waste to get to know what this is, I advise them to not go mine there - unless they know something that makes it worth it, like for example a period of very high hit rate like we had the other day).

Mining loot swings are so huge, they seriously need to be toned down. I would consider myself a fairly dedicated person when I set my mind to something, but it is hard to stay dedicated and have fun when you lose 5k ped in 4 days with 128% avg mu. Thus you can imagine the tt returns.

Is MA so greedy that they give you outrageous returns in hopes that you will give up and leave them with hundreds or thousands of dollars?

What the hell. It makes this game so frustrating and unenjoyable. I don't mind bad loot from time to time but a consistent 50-60% return is outrageous.

u haven't cycled enough to know that this is not a "swing" but rather this is just how it is.

when was the last time you threw fist fulls of cash into a garbage can and lit it on fire, for fun?

If you see EU as a garbage can and you pointlessly waste PED all the time, and then regret it, then why are you still playing this game? :laugh: Gambling addiction?

Can't say that I've lit my money on fire a lot of times (few because I'm hot), but I do waste PED in a lot of pointless ways and still keep on playing. Call it gambling addiction or insanity, but I still have fun, or at least that's what I keep telling my self.

The last time MA made mining "less volatile", they made all the claims IVs and Vs without raising the hit rate. No thank you. I don't need mining to be any more "less volatile" than it already is.

If you see EU as a garbage can and you pointlessly waste PED all the time, and then regret it, then why are you still playing this game? :laugh: Gambling addiction?.

might just be an addiction, but ive also put so much in to just walk away and say "well that was fun".

sometimes when you get sub 70-80% tt returns for 6 months strait it can for sure feel like the devs are trying to swindle you relentlessly.

ive dropped down my cycling activity because MA wont stop taking excessive volumes of peds from me, id be perfectly happy if the returns were 90% like they should be, they were for a very long time but something MA side changed around January and now im getting hammered from behind by MA every time i log in or deposit.

you tell me why i should deposit 2k ped, when i know it will be gone in 3 days mining planet-side on calypso with no amps, with out changing the way ive mined successfully for 3 years. not to mention i work 12-15 hours a day in RL so im not really spending much time ingame. so yes the game is garbage when MA is happily raiding my wallet with excessively poor tt returns of sub 70-80% on extended runs unamped of 2k+ peds for 200k ped cycled in the last 6 months alone. maybe i just haven't cycled enough i dont know, and maybe i have an addiction but i know for sure its not a gambling addiction, ive never lost more then ive put in on a gamble.

my wallet with excessively poor tt returns of sub 70-80% on extended runs unamped of 2k+ peds for 200k ped cycled in the last 6 months alone.

As a miner you should know, that for mining to be profitable unamped, you need an average of 111% (for a 1% profit). If your TT returns are constantly 70%, your average MU should be 140%. The dynamic system was actually created to force people to do a variety of things and adapt to the temporary changes, it makes people log off to try another day or change professions for a while, or change mobs they hunt. And then there are those with immensely fat PED cards, and they can "bypass" the dynamic system by continuously cycling PED and be able to afford to do what they do until they hit a big one. (I'm talking about those who know what they're doing and know what MU VS TT returns mean).

Try to go for rare MU ores when your TT returns are bad, or go FOMA when your TT returns are 100% and you're ready to gamble for that tower every miner waits years for. Why not wait for blueprint drops, check the items it requires and then buy/mine the resources it needs? It's the easiest way to profit by predicting when MU's are going up. You could also wait for hunting events and farm up the resources that are needed for enhancers. Why not simply mine pyrite? It's the fool-proof way of making profit and have 20 players searching for you in pvp4.

EU is dynamic and players play static. That's the problem

As a miner you should know, that for mining to be profitable unamped, you need an average of 111% (for a 1% profit). If your TT returns are constantly 70%, your average MU should be 140%. The dynamic system was actually created to force people to do a variety of things and adapt to the temporary changes, it makes people log off to try another day or change professions for a while, or change mobs they hunt. And then there are those with immensely fat PED cards, and they can "bypass" the dynamic system by continuously cycling PED and be able to afford to do what they do until they hit a big one. (I'm talking about those who know what they're doing and know what MU VS TT returns mean).

Try to go for rare MU ores when your TT returns are bad, or go FOMA when your TT returns are 100% and you're ready to gamble for that tower every miner waits years for. Why not wait for blueprint drops, check the items it requires and then buy/mine the resources it needs? It's the easiest way to profit by predicting when MU's are going up. You could also wait for hunting events and farm up the resources that are needed for enhancers. Why not simply mine pyrite? It's the fool-proof way of making profit and have 20 players searching for you in pvp4.

EU is dynamic and players play static. That's the problem

Personally, mu rules my mining, not tt returns. I mine a select few high mu ores and also do hell. It provides the best cyclage/mu but at the same time bigger loot swings. Also if you do some math pyrite mining isn't very profitable. Cyclage is a huge factor you know, combined with mu that is.

Agree

Can only agree with OP

With recent mining config .. i have basically stopped it ... Was used 2 do 1-3 amps /day ...

Seing constant Avarage TT rtur ~ 71%over 10k drops planetside + AMped somehow pixXXX me off

time 2 time go out to find same shiXY return rate

Ps. modified with Amps ... (*downwards bzw .. ) , also Hitting with D-C amp few IV per amp Lyst /Oil ... also somehow sets me off.

Tried 2 do crafting but on items COS - 1:7 or 1:8 .... (Yes, some BPs not yet maxed) also is somehow un-exiting ... (TT return being ~ 10-20% on full Quantity on UL BP, and ~ 25% on L BPs (largest run was un L BPs was 243 clicks full quantity COS 22 % (82 success/243) on maxed BP [Pioneer Foot Guards BP (L)] TT return 58% ... )

For those who would write insufficient clicks ... "fuxx ott" should not be related ....

indeed the swings are huge.. i stopped playing after 50k+ ped lost in a very short period.. and that was with medium amps and very little indoor mining.. maybe it woulda paid back on the next 10k or maybe it would have taken another 50k.. these swings are just ridicilous so hard to tell

129% mu you said? Wow that sounds amazing! I wish my average was that for hunting. I've had some nice stacks of Adrenal and Pan oil recently - and couldn't even fill an order for them. MU is so low.
That being said - I totally feel ya. I always say - I don't care what people say - this game could and should cost less. Terrible periods of low returns are just messed up. Only thing I can say is stop playing for awhile or do something else/different. I also enjoy making support cases. You get the same BS response, but I don't care. It makes me feel better after writing them - and if we don't speak up - they don't know it's a problem.

Wish you better in the future~!

u haven't cycled enough to know that this is not a "swing" but rather this is just how it is.

Yeah, you can't accurately say if you're getting screwed until you've deposited $935,002.53.

129% mu you said? Wow that sounds amazing! I wish my average was that for hunting. I've had some nice stacks of Adrenal and Pan oil recently - and couldn't even fill an order for them. MU is so low.
That being said - I totally feel ya. I always say - I don't care what people say - this game could and should cost less. Terrible periods of low returns are just messed up. Only thing I can say is stop playing for awhile or do something else/different. I also enjoy making support cases. You get the same BS response, but I don't care. It makes me feel better after writing them - and if we don't speak up - they don't know it's a problem.

Wish you better in the future~!

Don't try to compare it with hunting. If only 22% - 27% of mobs dropped loot while hunting planetside and only 1% - 4% in indoor areas... you'd be foaming at the mouth.

Don't try to compare it with hunting. If only 22% - 27% of mobs dropped loot while hunting planetside and only 1% - 4% in indoor areas... you'd be foaming at the mouth.

and the hunting tt return is alot better in short terms.. not nearly as big swings

When planetside, I would say, don't mine if you don't hit at LEAST 1/3 of the time ... What I find also helps, is to actually relog and reset your session.

When planetside, I would say, don't mine if you don't hit at LEAST 1/3 of the time ... What I find also helps, is to actually relog and reset your session.

Never tried this... but will sure help to test it :)

Never tried this... but will sure help to test it :)

The trick is to make a plan and stick with it. Do the same actions, in the same locations and see how the game responds to those actions.

One more thing to note is each skillgain that you obtain impacts the picture.

If I did 3 drops and got 0 hits - it means 0/3, right? So, I should stop mining. If I stop mining - how can I hit at least 1/3 for starting mining again?

Thx.

If I did 3 drops and got 0 hits - it means 0/3, right? So, I should stop mining. If I stop mining - how can I hit at least 1/3 for starting mining again?

Thx.

You know what I mean...

Was very sleepy when I wrote that.

You know what I mean...

Was very sleepy when I wrote that.

Was you very sleepy while writing this? (just to align on temporal fields)

Back