Help! Patch Error

Black Widow iK

Provider
Society
Bulletproof
Black Widow Spider iK
So it's been a bit over a week since the last update come out, and when I first tried to download the patch, I got this error message, but as you can see the solution isn't true:

So I sent a message for support about this, and they respond with this
Hi Spider,

Are you running your client as an administrator?

What operating system are you running, if windows 8, have you installed the updates?

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

So I send a message back, I reinstall EU and run as an administrator, but still I get the same message :

Except this time, it's a different patch.exe so I'm guessing MA made changes.
Still the problem persists for 9 days now, no suitable response or solution from MA...
Any suggestions anyone :(

find patch in installation directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Entropia Universe or make search of update file name in your hard drive
and run it with : right click - > run with administrative privilegies.

I had this exact same issue.

For me the fix was in the version.txt file change the version number to the latest version number.

This will allow you to start the client. Then do a repair.

ktpsmf,
When I try this I get a message saying:
"Failed to read setup engine"

snerrad,
''Access is Denied''

... Any other options :(?

Right click on EU client ,then choose Troubleshot Compatibility,run in test for Windows XP SP3(this is the message you will get from Troubleshoot Compatibility... Try this and see what happens...

Or remove the "Compatibility" settings by uncheck them ,if in past you accepted to run with this settings... Tab "Compatibility" under "Properties"...

Just a random jab in the dark...

What antivirus program are you running?

Try disabling it first before running the patch....see if it works?

(Maybe the problem have nothing to do with hdd space but antivirus interference.)

ktpsmf,
"Failed to read setup engine"

snerrad,
''Access is Denied''

... Any other options :(?

so maby microsoft installer is problem
trye to do this :

write cmd in search and will find command prompt, open it in right click-> administrative privilegies.

willg et black window write there : msiexec -unregister <Enter>
and after it need to enter again : msiexec -regserver <Enter>

write me pm if you will not do it i can help you.

edit :
if you will not fix issue, i will help you trough remote adminsitration.
youc an download teamviewer or Ammy admin and send me ID trough pfc private message and i will fix it for you.

Last edited:
Ok so I did the compatability test and ran the update in the EU folder in administration mode, and things were running smoothly until I got this...

so I ran a repair and got these messages:

so I run as an adminstrator, try to repair, and get these messages; it's a big dead end circle again... still no response from MA Support after almost 10 days now, this is completely unacceptable.

thanks for everyone thats trying to help, is there something else I should try?

Ok so I did the compatability test and ran the update in the EU folder in administration mode, and things were running smoothly until I got this...

so I ran a repair and got these messages:

so I run as an adminstrator, try to repair, and get these messages; it's a big dead end circle again... still no response from MA Support after almost 10 days now, this is completely unacceptable.

thanks for everyone thats trying to help, is there something else I should try?

clearly problem is with your user permissions, maby something wrong happened , just create new account in you pc and trye to run entropia, i am shior it will work just fine, than go back to your old user and trye to check

if you will fail, jsut download teamviewer or ammy admin and ill fix it for you

for fisrt error you should reisntall http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

Last edited:
I tried all of the things:
I made a new account on windows, same problem still.
I shut off firewall, still wont work...
I tried to download the C++ 2010 but I already have a newer version is says...

Now my other games are corrupted, I'm missing MFC100U.dll and d3dx9_42.dll
no response from support, this is extremely frustrating... someone help please :(

I tried all of the things:
I made a new account on windows, same problem still.
I shut off firewall, still wont work...
I tried to download the C++ 2010 but I already have a newer version is says...

Now my other games are corrupted, I'm missing MFC100U.dll and d3dx9_42.dll
no response from support, this is extremely frustrating... someone help please :(

uninstall old version of c++ -> go to "computer" -> on top of bar find "uninstal or change program" , find c++ rest... i n list and uninstall it first

A video can be found on how to fix the missing MFC100U.dll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz_9DI8dSVM

Also, google the dll files that have either been corrupted or deleted, and you can simply download them and put them back in the windows folder.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...fc100dll/48947eae-e11a-4cc7-90b9-a6b73736e93b

Hope this helps.

Also might be worth re-installing DirectX.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113

If loads of DLL files have been corrupted/deleted, google Microsoft dll repair tool.

Last edited:
So when I go to the clientloader.exe in the entropia universe folder, I'm able to start the CL in compatibility mode but when I launch I get this message:

if I click repair I get this message:

If I try to run the update patch as administrator or in compatability mode i still get this

No responses from MA now after 10 days... 1000's$ and 10 years spent and I can't even get a fkin response... really professional MA :confused:

any suggestions?
(It's not my firewall or antivirus; I've tried with everything shut off already)

if its 10 days already, try reinstalling from scratch in a custom directory (EU2 for instance)

my 10 pec of thought

seem to me, for some reason you were logged to your computer with wrong/missing user privileges (you have a network or something?).
If you have this computer only for your amusement, wipe it out!!!! Take a backup for any files you may want and format/re-install windows.
Be sure the next time you always are local administrator to avoid such annoying issues.

good luck

AH HA! I figured it out...:cool:

There was a separate feature on Comodo internet security that 'sandboxed' certain files, and the sand box feature was completely different then the firewall, so even though i turned the firewall off it was still being sand boxed.

Initially I made the exception for the sandbox for the Clientloader.exe but looking through the log, it was the ''entropia_universe_updater14.0.0xx.xxxx.exe'' file that kept getting sand box...:wise:

the problem was when the error message came up it said something about a .dll missing and disk space and NOT firewall....:scratch2:

at any rate, its been far too long, thanks everyone for helping. problem solved :dunce:

Reactions: Dex
AH HA! I figured it out...:cool:

There was a separate feature on Comodo internet security that 'sandboxed' certain files, and the sand box feature was completely different then the firewall, so even though i turned the firewall off it was still being sand boxed.

Initially I made the exception for the sandbox for the Clientloader.exe but looking through the log, it was the ''entropia_universe_updater14.0.0xx.xxxx.exe'' file that kept getting sand box...:wise:

the problem was when the error message came up it said something about a .dll missing and disk space and NOT firewall....:scratch2:

at any rate, its been far too long, thanks everyone for helping. problem solved :dunce:

Awsome :) had this in mind but there should be notice about it when you run eu.

glad to hear that you solved

my humble opinion from my experience, "AVAST" is the best security tool, with minor issues in such problems.

Thx. Solved the problem I've had for a few months. First time in ages I didn't have to reinstall the game :yay:

Back