Missing Shop messages - easy solution

Gewitter

Elite
Society
Deep Core Mining
Andrey Andy Russian
Hello all!

Due to no news from MA about this issue, I decided to create this thread.

Problem: After implementing new message center, we (Shop owners) stop recieve messages from Shops, when we are offline.

I wrote two support cases with no result, and both SC was closed, with empty promises. I dont hope that this problem will be solved in one-two years, because MA is too busy with new Compet application and taming system, and other very-very-very big problems with highest priority, so i can explain how we can help to self with easy numeric system described below.

This solution was suggested by my socmate, and it really allows you to determine exactly what has been sold.

System based on fact, that usually we do not use the fractional part of the price for items.
But if we set the fractional part different for different items, and write a table of the fractional parts for different items (or classes of items), we can easily find exactly what was bought.

Example, for the Mining Finder Depth Enhancer V, I set the fractional part +0.05 PED

MFDE-5.jpg

If it will be bought in, in the PED Flow Center I will recieve message like:

2014.08.22 16:33 FOMA Shop #27 14.05 234.15

This message will confirm, that was bought Mining Finder Depth Enhancer V, 10 pcs.
In your table will be written that price for MFDE V is 14 PED +0.05 PED.

Different price on the different items can easily use same fractional parts, for example you can use +0,05 PED also for Weapon Damage Enhancer V, because it have different TT and MU.

And almost without raising prices on items, you can determine what was bought!

This solution is very useful for Shops on other Planets, or if you are not on your home Planet where is located your Shop.

You can use this system untill issue with offline messages is solved.

thanks. Nice tip!

Great workaround, pathetic that you need to do it though. There should a web interface like the item list that shows your sales.

Unfortunately MA, spoiling messages in February this year, does not care about how to fix them. That's we do at least for get out of the situation with 'unknown' sales.
We have got now only PED Flow Center. All what we recieve after sale, you can see in first message (line highlighted red), with date, Shop, amount of PED and Balance after sale. No info about what has been sold (yes, if we are online, we had all Shop messages recieved). Everything written above applies only to the period when we are offline.

It works well when online why doesn't it work while offline? This does not seems like an a complicated bug fixe... :mad:

Hopefully, thats a good idea to track sales but still annoying.

yeah cant be too hard to bring back a feature that was working well for years .. and is still working online ..

Taming was re-introduced after 4-5 years. It would not be surprising if they correct messages in 5 years

I noticed that the MA don't care about issues, affecting a small group of people. They quickly corrected only that applies to all, and on what they are losing money

Back