Gold Card - Error 72

Billy Jean Ruby

Stalker
Society
Factory of Fun
Billy Jean Ruby
I have this message more and more frequently now -> Error 72 (a couple at a time).

I have the feeling sooner or later I'm not be able to get my code.

So, do I need new batteries?
my device it is dirty?
or I can ignore those errors and keep on?

eitherway once again I remembered Francis LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsqUZkmO-zk

I used up several cards.They behave like enhancers. I had the error 72 occationally for a few years on my current card though.

When it break it breaks :)=

Dont give up to fast on em though!

I have this message more and more frequently now -> Error 72 (a couple at a time).

I have the feeling sooner or later I'm not be able to get my code.

So, do I need new batteries?
my device it is dirty?
or I can ignore those errors and keep on?

eitherway once again I remembered Francis LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsqUZkmO-zk

When I start getting the error a lot I clean the card really fast with a lick and blow out the reader and all goes back to normal for a few days...so yes, just a bad connection.

edit: BTW, still on my first reader and it's about 2 year old now I think using it about 4 times a day

When I start getting the error a lot I clean the card really fast with a lick and blow out the reader and all goes back to normal for a few days...so yes, just a bad connection.

edit: BTW, still on my first reader and it's about 2 year old now I think using it about 4 times a day

I hear you can clean a lot out with a lick and a blow.

Saliva is acidic and should not be used to clean electronics. You must use a neutral solution such as distilled or completely filtered water with a pH of 6.8 to 7.2.

Last edited:
For more "technical people" - you could also take apart the reader itself and clean it. Not recommended though, if you aren't good at this kind of stuff and careful enough.

when i get this error, all it is is that the card for me is going to far inside the reader, so the connectors are not allinged with the chip, so i just don't push the card to the end in the reader.
for other issues indeed take it appart, and clean the batterie surface, it get's oxidized now and then, it looks like batt is dead, but prolly not. batt lives allready for 5 years here now.

I find a wash on N0 4 cycle in the washing machine then a hot spin dry makes all the difference :))

its the card, a little oxidisation on the surface that impairs the connection. a rub of the card on clothing is all it takes.

Back