Date of next planet content release

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
I know these things are always subject to change, but do we have a date or at least a rough estimate for the next scheduled planet content release?

Reactions: Dex
The next content release is scheduled for September 23.

So far no matter how close.
I expected to be this week but forgot it's summer.
Well more time for me to go outside and play

bs7.JPG

So far no matter how close.
I expected to be this week but forgot it's summer.
Well more time for me to go outside and play

haha go outside and play has a whole new meaning these days

We still on for Tuesday?

is it tomorrow? :yay:

is it tomorrow? :yay:

No its not tommorow normally we get a nice vu preview on Planet Cyrene (we have for past 18 months every content update) 4-7 days before the scheduled VU, I think all these Universe stability issues past 3 months+ have pushed all development back for now i dont forsee a VU until sometime in October now. Unless MA pull a crazy stunt and bring down the servers for content update , im not getting my hopes up that there will be anything this month.

cheers:)

No its not tommorow normally we get a nice vu preview on Planet Cyrene (we have for past 18 months every content update) 4-7 days before the scheduled VU, I think all these Universe stability issues past 3 months+ have pushed all development back for now i dont forsee a VU until sometime in October now. Unless MA pull a crazy stunt and bring down the servers for content update , im not getting my hopes up that there will be anything this month.

Hmm... none of the arguments you provide actually support the strong conclusion you are reaching here.

according to Kim (Calypso dev) it is tomorrow :silly2:
so I wonder where you get your info

according to Kim (Calypso dev) it is tomorrow :silly2:
so I wonder where you get your info

That was old info. MA doesn't know until a few days before the update whether it's on schedule or not.

Looks like they ran into some bugs; the latest info is that the VU will be delayed until october.

Where do you see that info?

The A-team, Ark adviser chat. They didn't give a reason for the delay but I'm assuming it's bugs. OR I suppose it could be they're combining platform and PP updates like they sometimes do, and MA wants more time to finish the platform features. If I'm remembering correctly, that's what they did last year around this time.

The A-team, Ark adviser chat. They didn't give a reason for the delay but I'm assuming it's bugs. OR I suppose it could be they're combining platform and PP updates like they sometimes do, and MA wants more time to finish the platform features. If I'm remembering correctly, that's what they did last year around this time.

Did they say it's delayed by more than one week?

Did they say it's delayed by more than one week?

Sounds like more than 1 week delay, but like I said, if it's bugs they won't know exactly how long to fix until it's done. I guess same thing if it's new features causing the delay... I imagine they're in the bug fixing stage there too. I'm guessing 3 week delay, and it's a platform plus PP update.

Sounds like more than 1 week delay, but like I said, if it's bugs they won't know exactly how long to fix until it's done. I guess same thing if it's new features causing the delay... I imagine they're in the bug fixing stage there too. I'm guessing 3 week delay, and it's a platform plus PP update.
Thanks for the info Neil
btw I can't +rep you because I don't have enough credits :tongue2: I'll keep it for next post

I know that rumors have been circulating amongst the Ark Advisors, but those rumors also were started by players based on something that was observed combined with assumptions about due dates and timelines.

As far as I know, the only official communication has come from Kim saying that it's tomorrow.

Clarification would be nice.

Hey that doesnt mean they cant pullout the robot war out of their hat :yay:

I know that rumors have been circulating amongst the Ark Advisors, but those rumors also were started by players based on something that was observed combined with assumptions about due dates and timelines.

As far as I know, the only official communication has come from Kim saying that it's tomorrow.

Clarification would be nice.

Just FYI, the way these PP VUs work: about 10 days before the scheduled VU is the cutoff for PP content. After that MA has to process what they get from the PPs and bug test. Then a couple days before the scheduled VU, the PP gets the official word on whether it's on schedule or delayed. So... when Kim said a few weeks ago that the update would be Sept 23, he was saying that it was scheduled for Sept 23... but whether it really happens or not depends on MA and any issues that arise in the content. Up until a few days before the actual release, not even MA knows for sure if it will happen on time, so expecting a firm date before then is futile.

It seems like there are a lot of delays but what it really means is that MA gets the content to us as fast as they possibly can, within a week of it being finished. They could have more "firm" dates but then they'd be holding on to an update for a few weeks or month before getting it out to us.

Last edited:

I'm interested in what was actually said by Arkadia staff. How you interpret it is a different thing entirely :)

I'm interested in what was actually said by Arkadia staff. How you interpret it is a different thing entirely :)

"few more weeks before next update"

See my previous post as to why this means we can't know the exact date yet except that it is not tomorrow.

Just a note that mindark hasn't given any dates out other than planet partners (first calypso and now an ark adviser) stating that is delayed. No date has been official.

Just want to set perspective.

Just expect something to happen when you don't expect anything to happen. That's MA golden rule #1.

My bet is there is a still a fat update in a few hours.

I heard 7th October from Arkadian officials.

I heard 7th October from Arkadian officials.

Are you aware of the fact that Arkadian officials speak for Arkadia? There is no law that says that ALL planets must have a content update at ALL of the Planet Content Updates. We've seen it the other way around aswell.

if it hasn't happened by now...2 weeks from now it is :(

Back