The third most popular youtube video about Entropia in the last 5 years

I had to stop at 1:18. Pretty sure I only stayed that long is because I am VERY drunk. :wise:

What the Frell was that shit I just viewed? :scratch2:

I'm not affiliated with or support this video in any way, I just thought it might be interesting to see what people on PCF thought of it.

Seems funky for 60 sec, it's just 14 min too long.
Might work as a bizarre moving background when u too drunk/high and don't understand anything anyway.

Most useless = Most "popular", can't say i'm terribly surprised. :silly2:

atleast some people actually had fun on that 2nd game haha

I found 7 with more views in the most basic of searches. I guess it would be closer to the 15th or 20th most "popular" when doing a proper search...

Swords and Vikings should be right up there :D

Where on earth did you get 3rd from? :confused:

Edited to say, I watched the first 3 seconds there and have to give up :laugh:

If PewDiePie makes millions of $ each year from his youtube videos about video games,someone else try too like this dudes....Nice that they pick up Entropia too :D

well let's all start watching good EU videos and bumping them up!!
That was not only badly edited, but made by a few idiots - did sound like they were having fun though! lol

[h=1]Succès de scandale[/h]

So, these guys have a little gig they do and play lots of different games and make comments apparently...the second half of the video (with the toon game) was funnier though.

What's weirding me out though, is that I am 99.9999% sure that one of the voices in the video is that same as this new player that has been coming in my friends TS lately. It has got to be him, the voice, the laughs, they are exactly identical. The good news is this guy is actually now playing EU, asking lots of serious questions, depositing a bit now, and learning. So I guess even idiot videos like these may help increase player base :)

I found 7 with more views in the most basic of searches. I guess it would be closer to the 15th or 20th most "popular" when doing a proper search...

Swords and Vikings should be right up there :D

Where on earth did you get 3rd from? :confused:

Edited to say, I watched the first 3 seconds there and have to give up :laugh:

I looked up Entropia and other similar search terms on Youtube and sorted every single result by view count and excluded videos older than five years old. This might exclude some improperly tagged videos that I was unable to find.

I think the video is obviously intentionally idiotic because it's just a few hours of live streaming footage shortened into small clips that the editor thought people would laugh at, it's a sizeable (in terms of EU) group of people all downloading the game and playing it at the same time and just reacting to the game and making jokes about it on teamspeak, the humor is pretty much all sarcastic.

I think some might find it entertaining while others might find it annoying, mostly because it's meant to appeal to a younger age demographic than that of the majority of EU players today. In any case, the video does still have some legitimate reactions to legitimate things about what starting out playing is like hidden under sarcasm and people making jokes.

Also, despite the fact that the video is almost exclusively people ripping on things in the game they find funny, I'm sure it made a large amount of people who weren't even aware the game existed see it for the first time themselves.

I probably should've included something like this in my original post to give people a slightly more specific topic of discussion.

Watched a video recently with 2 guys flying around for ages with no clue where the mob actually is they want to hunt... One of em dies at first hits and then we get a chance to admire that idiot running around desperately trying to find a spot to spawn his VTOL... (Where a pro would simply fire up his TP chip and jump right back into action within seconds.)

Elsewhere those same guys mention they have bought bunch of beacons and plan to do a video about running a beacon mission. I can imagine how pathetic that will be... (Which reminds me how the real masters, like my old soc leader Squee, were leading their beacon missions and what these experiences meant for me.)

It's painful to look how those ppl keep clicking on the icon on desktop to equip a weapon. Then hit space to go into aim mode. Then they get a crit. Again space to go cursor mode, find the fap icon, click on it... It's a mystery for me how the hell do they actually manage to stay alive that long?
I mean they play it like some browser game! It looks helpless and this is the impression you get about a game - clumsy and helpless, while actually it has very advanced keybinding/mapping capabilities and supports series of very fast and complex actions without any problem.
(Nevermind it miners, i'm speaking about hunters here. In the mining the right timing isn't that important usually, so u can click the icons with a mouse and it works just as well.)

Back