New type of Ninja spawns mobs.

I did notice this on the LT spawn.
Some stand next to me and do not attack, its almost like they have a 30 second agro timer when spawned near you.
Most times I notice that the mob turns to face me and starts to back up (maybe its scared of me) and attacks only in like 20 secs.

Wouldn't it be cool if the mob spawn AI was so complex it locates every single avatar inside spawn area and then drops mobs onto these spots? Or even better, if there was a guy sitting in MA office tasked with harassing players by dropping mobs on them?
Wouldn't it be fantastic if the system was so incredibly complex that it even figures out the direction you are facing and places the mob behind you?

I think that would be very cool. Interactive and complex AI makes a more challenging and interesting game.

Hate to crush your dreams. The script controlling respawn is extremely primitive. There's nobody doing it manually either (except rare cases at events).

Truth is the game doesn't know if there's a player on this specific spot or not. In other words, the game doesn't care. There is no "ninja spawns", it's a myth.

MOB SPAWN AI. Respawn happens at regular intervals filling up the spawn area - with impartial robotic consistency. The only variable in this extremely simple mechanism is a ratio: total number of players inside spawn area vs total number of mobs (more players forces the system to increase the spawn density).
That's it.

The part that changed a while back is that now the system tends to spawn the mob near where it was killed. Before (years ago) it used to spawn the mob somewhere within the "spawn area". Used to be ninja spawns were really rare because the spawn area is relatively large, and as you hunted a spawn if you didn't move around you'd eventually run out of mobs to kill until you wandered around and found the concentrated area of mobs in the part of the spawn that nobody had been hunting.

Now they eliminated that problem by spawning the mobs near where they are killed and/or near the avatars in the area, which is much worse than the original problem IMO.

Not a fan of ninja spawns. It's an underhanded "solution" to what was a very minor problem.

The part that changed a while back is that now the system tends to spawn the mob near where it was killed. Before (years ago) it used to spawn the mob somewhere within the "spawn area". Used to be ninja spawns were really rare because the spawn area is relatively large, and as you hunted a spawn if you didn't move around you'd eventually run out of mobs to kill until you wandered around and found the concentrated area of mobs in the part of the spawn that nobody had been hunting.

Now they eliminated that problem by spawning the mobs near where they are killed and/or near the avatars in the area, which is much worse than the original problem IMO.

Not a fan of ninja spawns. It's an underhanded "solution" to what was a very minor problem.

So you are telling me there isn't a point to having a tagger anymore?.... :(

~Danimal

So you are telling me there isn't a point to having a tagger anymore?.... :(

~Danimal

It is the year of melee.... next year will probably be something different.

Back