Dianthus gone?

Salo

Guardian
Society
Rotary International Entertainment
Salonga Salo Calypso
I had not mined enmatter in a while and decided today to give it a go again. I hit some areas where amongst other resources I used to find alot of Dianthus. I did not find any claim. Is it all gone on Collapso™ ?

Pretty much yea and amped even imposible . But wait until some of MA staff see that thread :laugh::laugh:

It's not gone.

Pretty much yea and amped even imposible . But wait until some of MA staff see that thread :laugh::laugh:

Last time I made an inquiry thread I hit 3,5k belk an hour oe so later. So yes some MA staff look at the issue please ;)

It is exactly same case as with pyrite:

notice that accuracy enhancers are sometmes more usefull than dmg enh.
Dmg enhancers increase dmg a lot and decrease eco a little.
Accu enhancers increase dmg a little and icrease eco a lot.

Of course dianthus is used for crafting accu enhancers ;) (like pyrite is used for dmg).

Imho either someone is stacking a lot of dianthus or the system after changes in enh break rate on ul guns has its influence somehow on those two resouces.

And it is still possible to find dianthus (but about 3 times less common than it used to be).

Falagor
:bandit:

Thanks for the replies. Maybe it just was not a good day for dianthus then on top if it being more scarce now.

Well, to be clear, I do think it's scarce. Maybe more so than say a few years ago. But it's not gone completely.

everyone quick, go to icarus and carpetbomb everything

MA adjusts most ores, both by defualt i.e. based on surplus (hoarding), and by intention, to change the market i.e being "dynamic", and has been doing quite an interesting job of it in the past year or so. These 2 factors will influence the find sizes that are available for you to find.

When you see a resource start to go up in MU, and start to disappear from Auction, go to where you found it before with L8 amp and try that amp again. If you don't find it, it's cap is lowered, take off the amp or just use a L2 maybe, and if you are finding it then mine that stuff only with the L 2.

There are players that hoard stuff and I would guess that about 50% of all ores and enmatters become limited in availability if too much exists. The other half doesn't become limited when people hoard, generally. However, you are more likely to find big claims of any ore when a deficiency in surplus exists.

That being said, there seems to be a shortage of weapon enhancers atm, likely brought on by the Eomon. Not only from people using them more, but by people crafting them less because they are busy with summer or Eomon or whatever. Until these get clicked, expect the surplus to remain in game of pyrite and dianthus and therefore the cap on those ores to be higher.
MU is still going up on these 2 resources because there isn't enough available for those that WANT to click them, so the hoarders in turn are raising MU on their hoards AND making it harder for miners to find them. This is fine, it is part of the game, there is nothing wrong with stockpiling stuff...but miners need to understand it clearly. ("hoarding" is a loaded term...it sounds evil..."stockpiling" sounds better I guess :) )

Also, it is worth watching the crafters clicks to know what ores to seek. Certain bps burn through stockpiles quick. When someone does a major run on a certain attachment, for example, I will go find ignisium all over the place in my igni spot.

A combo of watching the availability of a resource on auction, along with the MU trend, and the BP's being clicked or not being click, along with different amp testing to identify reduced caps, is what you need to do.

After doing that, you will be successful finding the high MU ores (and if you are lucky, even finding recently capped ore still for sale in stores or on other planets for cheap still). Its just like stocks...knowledge is everything. And if you dont study these things, and adjust your mining, then you limit yourself to shitty MU ores.

Last edited:
Looting plenty of dianthus :) most unamped tho

I found a small portion last month or so on Caly ;)
you want to know where? .......
nah! I'm not going to reveal my resources :laugh:

but it is still there and waiting us to find it

MA adjusts most ores, both by defualt i.e. based on surplus (hoarding), and by intention, to change the market i.e being "dynamic", and has been doing quite an interesting job of it in the past year or so. These 2 factors will influence the find sizes that are available for you to find.

When you see a resource start to go up in MU, and start to disappear from Auction, go to where you found it before with L8 amp and try that amp again. If you don't find it, it's cap is lowered, take off the amp or just use a L2 maybe, and if you are finding it then mine that stuff only with the L 2.

There are players that hoard stuff and I would guess that about 50% of all ores and enmatters become limited in availability if too much exists. The other half doesn't become limited when people hoard, generally. However, you are more likely to find big claims of any ore when a deficiency in surplus exists.

That being said, there seems to be a shortage of weapon enhancers atm, likely brought on by the Eomon. Not only from people using them more, but by people crafting them less because they are busy with summer or Eomon or whatever. Until these get clicked, expect the surplus to remain in game of pyrite and dianthus and therefore the cap on those ores to be higher.
MU is still going up on these 2 resources because there isn't enough available for those that WANT to click them, so the hoarders in turn are raising MU on their hoards AND making it harder for miners to find them. This is fine, it is part of the game, there is nothing wrong with stockpiling stuff...but miners need to understand it clearly. ("hoarding" is a loaded term...it sounds evil..."stockpiling" sounds better I guess :) )

Also, it is worth watching the crafters clicks to know what ores to seek. Certain bps burn through stockpiles quick. When someone does a major run on a certain attachment, for example, I will go find ignisium all over the place in my igni spot.

A combo of watching the availability of a resource on auction, along with the MU trend, and the BP's being clicked or not being click, along with different amp testing to identify reduced caps, is what you need to do.

After doing that, you will be successful finding the high MU ores (and if you are lucky, even finding recently capped ore still for sale in stores or on other planets for cheap still). Its just like stocks...knowledge is everything. And if you dont study these things, and adjust your mining, then you limit yourself to shitty MU ores.

Very interesting take on it, thanks.
I read a quote on the pyrite thread from MA stating that the amount of Pyrite that can be in game is not limited. So you are suggesting that when a certain amount of pyrite is in game the biggest possible claim size decreases and or the probability of a find aswell ? I am assuming Pyrite and Dianthus follow the same rules.

What would you say is the amount that is stockpiled right now? I has to be huge when you look at the biggest claims that have been found so far. 28k according to entropia life. Globals seem to have stopped as of August 11.

If markup goes up I might go unamped :)

Very interesting take on it, thanks.
I read a quote on the pyrite thread from MA stating that the amount of Pyrite that can be in game is not limited. So you are suggesting that when a certain amount of pyrite is in game the biggest possible claim size decreases and or the probability of a find aswell ? I am assuming Pyrite and Dianthus follow the same rules.

What would you say is the amount that is stockpiled right now? I has to be huge when you look at the biggest claims that have been found so far. 28k according to entropia life. Globals seem to have stopped as of August 11.

If markup goes up I might go unamped :)

How I interpret that is this:

There are 2 separate places, that no matter what, I will find pyrite at. One will only release 5-10 ped every 4 hours or so, the other is around 15 ped every four hours. As long as no one else mined there, I WILL ALWAYS find it. That means, YES there truly is no "limit" as MA said. Meaning some amount is always available to be found...

But it is that amount AVAILABLE that fluctuates based on consumption. And it is this amount available that is increased when bp's are clicked or ore is tt'ed. And by watching the crafters, one can see what ores would likely be MORE AVAILABLE.

SO, mining something that is not being clicked in Bp's and used up would tend to lead to less multipliers than something being clicked.

Someone can mine alternative at 130% (or other mu stones) all week long and not profit if there is plenty of alternative in game, and none is being used. This is because a break-even multiplier (one that gets you to around 95% tt return) is not likely on that resource at that particular time.

Sometimes mu resources are harder to find (and harder to find WITH multiplier) and figuring out how you can determine usage of said resource (watching crafters) is one of the many steps that someone needs to do to be a profit miner.

You can't just watch the mu alone and say "hey its going up, lets mine it", you need to know to wait until you see that dianthus is actually being used. (it might just be going up b/c only 1% of the total amount in game is avaiable on the au) Its hard to know for sure when it is actually being used, but you will get better at it with experience. I watch EL, I talk to crafters, I look at who is buying what, I look at the sales since the last tower of whatever mineral I am investigating...there are dozens of ways to get good at learning what is stockpiled, and what is used up.

For example, there had been a few nice hits on alternative this month, and yet I am still buying it all day for in the 12x% range (which is a very low price for alt). That means not many are buying it...therefore not many are clicking it, and therefore my likelihood of a large, multiplied find is slim. However, isBjorn and Maximus have started clicking d-class amps yesterday... (at 250 alt per click, there is some good consumption on that BP). The other BP's commonly crafted that use alternative are still pretty dead (Roadie amp etc...). Once I extrapolate a ROUGH idea in my head based on what I know of crafting (you can tell by the avg amount of the globals or hofs whether they were on condition or quantity) you can start to get an idea of the clicks they used to get those tracked globals. Obviously its not perfect, people move the crafting slider around etc...but it can give you a rough idea. Therefore I always have a rough idea of how much clicking I need to see to start expecting another tower to drop on that ore. Now I look at Eve hitting a near tower about 3 days ago, and a 9k hitting earlier on alt this month, and based on experience, I know to hold off on mining alt for a bit longer.

OF COURSE, I might be wrong and someone might hit a tower the second I am done typing this, but generally, watching these this WILL give you a slight advantage in the long run.

So, mining the ores that WANT to drop bigger, because of a deficiency in surplus (and remember, by "deficiency in surplus" I do NOT mean just what is on auction), is one of the many things that can help your return :)

I see people all day whine "why do I not make ped when all I mine is MU ore like gazz and Alt". The answer is, because you are over mining the alt/gazz area at times when alt and gazz don't feel like dropping hofs of it because there is not a shortage of it atm.

So start with the ores you love to find, or know good locations for, then learn what bps use them, and start watching the amount of those ore getting used :)

Its hard to explain perfectly but thats the best I can do.

Last edited:
Must spread rep around...

Thank you very much Sunsout Gunsout for taking the time to elaborate on this. Thus far I had relied on "test" runs to see what resources are dropping in abundance. Doing good with this method but I will start looking at crafting more closely now.

Anyways + rep!

What if MA simply needs the drastic changes in mining/crafting to earn some extra fees while people adapt to the new changes and markups?:scratch2:

I just found a XIII Dianthus Liquid a moment ago... So, Dianthus is still around, but as some of you said above, it's just become scarce now...

Hit a VII Dianthus the other day. I was not really going after EM either. Just did a couple double drops. So, it's still alive and well.

Its still alive just much more rare now. Im still getting a claim from time to time on Monria.

Back