SGA Scam

Status
To be fair, the impfap SGA and modfap SGA do give Skill Gain Advantages, however this is not what it stands for, and as far as I know, no other SGA items give more skills than normal :p

This is correct on both accounts. The SGA IMP/MOD Faps give +extra skill gains around the x11 range. Other SGA items are not in the same manner. Perhaps the individual that has the Imp FAP SGA believes this as this is the only SGA item he has and has never used any other SGA items? :scratch2:

~Danimal

To be fair, all SGA items give more skill per click as they all cost more per click... Saying this is a "scam" is a bit far fetched, it's technically not even false advertisement.

Hey ho, whatever :)

To be fair, all SGA items give more skill per click as they all cost more per click... Saying this is a "scam" is a bit far fetched, it's technically not even false advertisement.

Hey ho, whatever :)

Your logic is flawed because there are plenty of items that cost more to click (and do more damage) then any SGA items, which means they give more skills than SGA. The only way to do an apples-to-apples comparison is to think of it in terms of skill gains per pec spent.

In terms of skill gain per pec spent, SGA items do not give more skills. Claiming that they do is a lie, claiming that SGA means Skill Gain Advantage is a lie, and doing both in order to charge an exorbitant price is a scam.

Your logic is flawed because there are plenty of items that cost more to click (and do more damage) then any SGA items, which means they give more skills than SGA. The only way to do an apples-to-apples comparison is to think of it in terms of skill gains per pec spent.

In terms of skill gain per pec spent, SGA items do not give more skills. Claiming that they do is a lie, claiming that SGA means Skill Gain Advantage is a lie, and doing both in order to charge an exorbitant price is a scam.

I believe this is what they refer to a truth bomb.

This is correct on both accounts. The SGA IMP/MOD Faps give +extra skill gains around the x11 range. Other SGA items are not in the same manner. Perhaps the individual that has the Imp FAP SGA believes this as this is the only SGA item he has and has never used any other SGA items? :scratch2:

~Danimal

I keep hearing this, even from very high level players. And still nobody has shown any empiric data that proves it to be true.

For 10 years we have known that skill gain and decay are directly related, now you tell me that two magical SGA items give heaps of skills with the same decay as the normal ones +/-.

Well, such enormous claims require enormous proof. When someone can provide data that clearly shows a higher than normal skill gain on those faps, then I will believe it.

And before someone PMs me with this gem again: More green lines does not equal more skills. It's all about the TT, as always.

I'm not hating on anybody :)

I keep hearing this, even from very high level players. And still nobody has shown any empiric data that proves it to be true.

For 10 years we have known that skill gain and decay are directly related, now you tell me that two magical SGA items give heaps of skills with the same decay as the normal ones +/-.

Well, such enormous claims require enormous proof. When someone can provide data that clearly shows a higher than normal skill gain on those faps, then I will believe it.

And before someone PMs me with this gem again: More green lines does not equal more skills. It's all about the TT, as always.

I'm not hating on anybody :)

You can watch one of Star's streams of when he still had the Mod SGA Fap. I don't have any screens of whenever I used the item but I can confirm from using the SGA and NON-SGA versions that they do indeed give more skill gains. I have also used the Imp SGA as well and can confirm that, that too indeed showed more skill gains. These are the only two SGA items that I've ever used and have seen so many skill gains on in one session. If you really want to know just go look up one of his streams but if you aren't that inclined to find out then don't speak on the subject matter without looking into it first.

I also must add this: I do not believe SGA means more skill gains or whatever the other guy was trying to advertise. I was just simply speaking ONLY about the two SGA faps.

~Danimal

You can watch one of Star's streams of when he still had the Mod SGA Fap. I don't have any screens of whenever I used the item but I can confirm from using the SGA and NON-SGA versions that they do indeed give more skill gains. I have also used the Imp SGA as well and can confirm that, that too indeed showed more skill gains. These are the only two SGA items that I've ever used and have seen so many skill gains on in one session. If you really want to know just go look up one of his streams but if you aren't that inclined to find out then don't speak on the subject matter without looking into it first.

~Danimal

The problem with that is it isnt hard evidence as we know that green skill lines are not equil. You need to measure TT value of skills gained over X amount of clicks or ped cycled/decayed.

Edit: I am in no way affiliated with entropia partners and have never even visited there site that I am aware of. I am however a partial owner of EntropiaPlanets.com. I think there might have been some confusion there :)

His context is different than your context and to make an assertion, as you have, requires you to prove it through math or other means. Pointing to a stream as proof and stating o2 should shut up is on you. It is not his or our responsibility to validate your claim where proof was not given. The burden is on you.

The issue is not about faps specifically but that SGA is being given an acronym that is false to extract more peds from unknowing buyers. This is a shady scam.

The problem with that is it isnt hard evidence as we know that green skill lines are not equil. You need to measure TT value of skills gained over X amount of clicks or ped cycled/decayed.

Edit: I am in no way affiliated with entropia partners and have never even visited there site that I am aware of. I am however a partial owner of EntropiaPlanets.com. I think there might have been some confusion there :)

I agree with Narfi on this, and to add to his point....

You can't look at skills gains over the course of an hour, day, or even month because it's all cyclical. Like loot returns, your avatar also goes through good and bad periods with skill gains. On a day to day basis, I notice a sharp swing in skill gains.

...snip...

This is still a nope.gif for me. I don't freeking get it.

If I had an SGA item that gives 11 times more skills than the regular one (as you state) I would be losing my jimmys to make a serious experiment and provide proof everywhere of the amazing wonder that I have in my hands. And also, very probably, raise the value of my item by a good margin.

But no, people owning this two "super magical" SGA faps decide to make unproven claims, and we are supposed to just shut up and believe what the say.

Well then, I'm sorry, but we have nothing more to talk about.

I'm also sorry for derailing the thread, I just couldn't resist. My inner science was burning.

Claiming that they do is a lie

And no-one has every sold anything using that technique, ever.

I'm sorry, my point was I don't see this as a scam just as a tactic, rightly or wrongly used. I'll defend a victim of someone who uses some kind of bug to steal (such as the item removal scam) but just someone who believes a false acronym? Nap.

It's just such a non-issue. Anyone who has the funds to deposit here should also have the mental faculties to perform purchase research, or suffer the consequences. We don't all cry when someone comes home from a car showroom with "paint insurance" and preach the streets about the evil salesperson do we?

Or do we? :dunce:

I'm sorry, my point was I don't see this as a scam just as a tactic, rightly or wrongly used. I'll defend a victim of someone who uses some kind of bug to steal (such as the item removal scam) but just someone who believes a false acronym? Nap.

It's just such a non-issue. Anyone who has the funds to deposit here should also have the mental faculties to perform purchase research, or suffer the consequences. We don't all cry when someone comes home from a car showroom with "paint insurance" and preach the streets about the evil salesperson do we?

You consider a "tactic" as lying to people in order to sell things at extremely high prices?

Wow, you and I have a very different view on what a scam is.

Are you by any chance friends with this guy?

I am sorry but the SGA standing for Skill Gain Advantage is a big issue as it gives a completely wrong data/impression about the item. This affects specially newbies in the universe and I simply cant understand how u consider this a non-issue. There are lots of new people who have joined this game of late and with plenty of funds to deposit. That does not mean that anyone can say anything about an item and get away with it.

This is NOT A TACTIC but misinterpretation of facts with personal gain in view which imho is an attempted SCAM.

We need a wall of shame on EP I guess. As long as there is undeniable proof, this should be posted for all to see.

It is time to start taking an aggressive stance against scammers, thieves, and serious exploiters from trappers to mine node leechers. Let's make it happen people. Narfi, I'm willing to patrol and build this for you.

Tired of folks like... the one that starts with L but now Z getting a free pass to rob folks and strongarm.. to pirates who speed hacked to take an unfair advantage of the system.. or the pirate with known alts that sounds like Pulaski that summon scammed with a mothership. It is our responsibility to weed out these ass holes and make this game better and safer for the new players who won't be the wiser.

*throws down the gloves* *drops the mic and walks off*

Woohoo! Starting to sound like a tacosmash!

I am with ya buddy, and have a long list spread out through about a dozen spiral notebooks that litter the floor and desk around me that contain names and scams, and I will put together a list of every fuckwad scammer I encountered in this game. It will take me a few days though. Get the thread ready.

In the meantime, I am still trying to figure out wtf Kitty's second picture is. Shy's version was easy though :)

You consider a "tactic" as lying to people in order to sell things at extremely high prices

images

... You don't?

But yeah, you caught me - I'm friends with whoever this is along with Hitler and the Devil.

Aio, we aren't talking about a naive player who had an erroneous understanding of an acronym, nor are we talking about someone lacking the mental faculties needed to perform item research.

What we are talking about is a veteran reseller who has a long established history of misleading people in terms of what items are worth. This is a guy who I've watched sell 900 PED non-auctionable items for 5000 PED based on fabricated "sales history"... This is a reseller who gives a bad name to resellers. He is a predator continuously on the prowl for naive players who will believe what he says and pay what he asks. He has conned his way up to an Imp FAP SGA.

I've had numerous run-ins with him. He is aggressive and unrelenting. Every time he tries to jam an item down my throat I call him out on his bullshit which results in him removing me from friends list... He has removed me 4 times in the last year. Every time he sees me, he adds me to FL again, and we restart the process. I've entertained his shenanigans this whole time in order to catch him with his hand in the cookie jar, and now here we are.

This time is the most egregious and blatant example that I've personally seen of him lying in order to charge way above fair market value.

I see resellers tryna get a brighter name (also that one from the other thread) though this is for a good cause

Does it have to be the face?

Aio, we aren't talking about a naive player who had an erroneous understanding of an acronym, nor are we talking about someone lacking the mental faculties needed to perform item research.

What we are talking about is a veteran reseller who has a long established history of misleading people in terms of what items are worth. This is a guy who I've watched sell 900 PED non-auctionable items for 5000 PED based on fabricated "sales history"... This is a reseller who gives a bad name to resellers. He is a predator continuously on the prowl for naive players who will believe what he says and pay what he asks. He has conned his way up to an Imp FAP SGA.

I've had numerous run-ins with him. He is aggressive and unrelenting. Every time he tries to jam an item down my throat I call him out on his bullshit which results in him removing me from friends list... He has removed me 4 times in the last year. Every time he sees me, he adds me to FL again, and we restart the process. I've entertained his shenanigans this whole time in order to catch him with his hand in the cookie jar, and now here we are.

This time is the most egregious and blatant example that I've personally seen of him lying in order to charge way above fair market value.

Oh, I'm sure he's a c... (oh wait, I'm not allowed to use that 1 single English word) horrible human being but my point was screaming scam at someone is a bit OTT. I probably wouldn't have even posted if the whole fuckin userbase didn't don the flaming torches and shout murder.

The fact is, what he's doing is technically allowed and what you're doing (defamation) is not... I'm not agreeing with either side because as I said before, I don't see it as an issue - You're a reseller too, you make profit on items be it through quick service, stock, fanciful claims or whatever tactic you use.

He's not got an unlimited client base of 7 billion people, he's got 5,000 and if he's trying to sell SGA items then he's got even less people than that - and if he knows anything about sales at all he'll know he's absolutely fucked in the long run.

Oh, I'm sure he's a c... (oh wait, I'm not allowed to use that 1 single English word) horrible human being but my point was screaming scam at someone is a bit OTT. I probably wouldn't have even posted if the whole fuckin userbase didn't don the flaming torches and shout murder.

The fact is, what he's doing is technically allowed and what you're doing (defamation) is not... I'm not agreeing with either side because as I said before, I don't see it as an issue - You're a reseller too, you make profit on items be it through quick service, stock, fanciful claims or whatever tactic you use.

He's not got an unlimited client base of 7 billion people, he's got 5,000 and if he's trying to sell SGA items then he's got even less people than that - and if he knows anything about sales at all he'll know he's absolutely fucked in the long run.

Saying that an imk2 is less economical then an opalo can be a technical issue but SGA for Skill Gain Advantage is not. While the first can be debated in many ways ( an opalo would be more economical on punies etc) there is no way an acronym can change in context.

wouldnt this fall under the same as poeple selling a mm gun saying your going to profit whit it hunting

No because the theory with a gun that is 3dpp is that if after decay and you are still over 3dpp, you will profit on tt long term. People used to with imk2 106 (?) and mod fap.

Saying that an imk2 is less economical then an opalo can be a technical issue but SGA for Skill Gain Advantage is not. While the first can be debated in many ways ( an opalo would be more economical on punies etc) there is no way an acronym can change in context.

You're absolutely wright, an acronym can't change in context (though I think you mean can't change in definition). However, this isn't my point at all. My point is that saying SGA = Skill Gain Adv. is not a "scam".

You're absolutely wright, an acronym can't change in context (though I think you mean can't change in definition). However, this isn't my point at all. My point is that saying SGA = Skill Gain Adv. is not a "scam".

Aio, when you mislead someone in order to extract money out of them, it is a scam.

Aio, when you mislead someone in order to extract money out of them, it is a scam.

The definition of a scam is to defraud, and the definition of defraud is to obtain money (from someone) illegally. As it's not illegal to say SGA = Skill Gain Advantage, nor is "tricking" someone not allowed via EULA, by all definitions... It's not a scam.

I'm not saying it's nice, but fucking hell neither is what you do. You're not selling items to provide community service.

Does SGA armour give me Advanced Evader/ Dodge Gains? :scratch2::dunce::scratch2:

All items that are sold under knowingly false statistics, trade-history and secondary advantages is a scam. Therefore saying SGA gives one better skillgains is a scam. But I guess there's only one here blind enough to see that this is a scam. But then be warned: even the smartest individuals can be scammed if the scammer(s) outsmart them.

Please give me the name too.

The definition of a scam is to defraud, and the definition of defraud is to obtain money (from someone) illegally. As it's not illegal to say SGA = Skill Gain Advantage, nor is "tricking" someone not allowed via EULA, by all definitions... It's not a scam.

I'm not saying it's nice, but fucking hell neither is what you do. You're not selling items to provide community service.

Aio, your need to frivolously quibble is starting to look like you are defending a scammer. Moreover you are arguing semantics, which is ridiculous to say the least.

Using your definition, it also is not "illegal" under the EULA for someone to earn your trust, get you to loan them an item or PED, and then run off and keep it for themselves. So if you are going to be intellectually consistent, what is well established as a "trust scam", by your definition is not a scam at all.

definition of fraud is to obtain wealth from someone through deliberate deception. The deception in of itself is illegal if part of a deal/sales pitch.

The EULA prohibits this activity in 3 or 4 different ways not to mention that its illegal in pretty much the entire RL world as well. It kinda boggles my mind that this isent common knowledge.

Last edited:
Aio, your need to frivolously quibble is starting to look like you are defending a scammer. Moreover you are arguing semantics, which is ridiculous to say the least.

Using your definition, it also is not "illegal" under the EULA for someone to earn your trust, get you to loan them an item or PED, and then run off and keep it for themselves. So if you are going to be intellectually consistent, what is well established as a "trust scam", by your definition is not a scam at all.

I think you'll find that's theft my friend. Persuable in a court, if you so wished.

It's not a need to "quibble" nor is it frivolous. You keep calling this person a scammer, which is as mentioned defamation, when all he is doing is using a dishonest tactic to make a sale.

Hi, this item is awesome! It'll make you so much better in the game, honestly mate, I've earn't so much ped using it and SGA = skill gain advantage, so you get more skills and shit. Want it for 150 ped?

SCAMMER!!!

:scratch2:

The fact that there's someone who's posted in this thread bashing the "scammer" who's actually stolen from me makes me chuckle however

Status
Back