Petition/Poll - Create More 'Cold' Mobs

Should there be more 'Cold' mobs added to the game?

• Total voters

MsPudding

Elite
Rachel MsPudding Hawkins
gameofthrones600x450.jpg

eiszapfen-0001.gif

We have seen some relatively new armor introduced (Liakon), and we're familiar with old school (Viking), as well as (Polaris), but where are the 'cold' mobs? Yes, we have Calypso Depths filled with Thorifoid, and even MindReavers that give some use to these armors, but what else?

There are few too many 'cold' mobs in the game and I'd really like to see more. I'd especially like to see the introduction of some big 100% 'cold' mobs. Even just an addition of 1-2 'Cold' mobs would do the trick, because currently, as it stands, in my opinion there are too few 'cold' mobs on Calypso, and in EU in general.

If I'm alone in this request, I will quietly see myself out of this thread, and will you please forgive me :p

If I am not alone in this cause, please join with me and sign your name below, and add why you would like to see more 'cold' mobs!

If you disagree, please add to the discussion by constructively criticizing my suggestion, and please explain why there shouldn't be more 'cold' mobs added. Thanks.

eiszapfen-0001.gif

People rarely hunt the ones that exist with some exception.

Sure.

As long as they arent more Ice Dragons.

I'm not in favor of anything that isnt well thought out and has a clear place in the setting. Feffox were cool until they started handing out DNA. Then they became less of an accident and more of just another farming opportunity.

Surely don't mind mobs throwing icicles/snowballs at me. :laugh:

Yes to more cold mobs. Because they are underrepresented compared to other types and would give some more variety. Also because I have the Liakon :rolleyes:

Winter is coming

feffox, feffoid, merfolken, tide claw, touch sensitive cyborg, merry mayhem mobs, (mutated)korwil, chomper, cultist... plenty of cold in those mobs.

Last edited:
Please use your telepathy skill and find mobs wich give jamming skill.
I bet you will find them wery cold, frozen on paper or at max as faded record in head on some forgoten developer from past.

People rarely hunt the ones that exist with some exception.

A problem I have is the mix of mobs.

Typically, top-level "thorios" (high aggro) mixed with the "thorifoids". (The Miwak Pass LA, and the fireplace North of Fort Victoria. As I see it you practically need imp/mod fap to hunt at those places.

As for Cyclops Caves, there is a room with high level thorifoids, but to get there you have to run through other rooms with "crapmobs" (mobs you have to kill just to move on). Typically then, I "have to" use ghost until I get Close to that room, and then change armor. And occasionally, have to deal with a waywatcher that (re-)spawns in the corridor.

Then there is Another issue: the new thorifoid attack animation lags me down a bit.

Mind reavers are said to deal quite a bit of Cold, but I'm too lazy - too much work to get there :laugh: . Mainly because of chalte, and the bridge (well I never learn the bridge and the final jump is a 50% fail for me).

More 100% Cold (or close to it) mobs, yes please. I don't want to see more mobs that have a bit of cold mixed in with 2 or 3 other damage types. That just makes them annoyingly difficult to protect against.

And I agree with Dan too, we should have mobs with mindforce attack where defence is determined by the Jammer profession (and so the mobs give Jammer skills).

Just go hunt borumm male the pic you put there kinda look like :lolup:

Sure.

As long as they arent more Ice Dragons.

I'm not in favor of anything that isnt well thought out and has a clear place in the setting. Feffox were cool until they started handing out DNA. Then they became less of an accident and more of just another farming opportunity.

Agreed. They need to fit in well to the game also. Ideally the devs would take their time with it and release some really interesting mob(s).

Cold mobs that do mindforce attacks so you can get Jammer skill.:cheer:

feffox, feffoid, merfolken, tide claw, touch sensitive cyborg, merry mayhem mobs, (mutated)korwil, chomper, cultist... plenty of cold in those mobs.

This, plus we have armors that people even forget. like Orca.

We have far too many options as it is. And every time they add something they dilute the economy even more, and devalue existing items/drops ect.

Please no more mobs, or bluepriunts, or weapons that drop like candy or ....(insert everything MA fails to balance properly)

Player asset devaluation over the last 4 years are the proof of the mismanaged notion of balance from the creators.

This, plus we have armors that people even forget. like Orca.

Orca was kind of awkward to get. It requires "Roboto Power amplifier", which, at the time, also was used for Scrof guns (though maybe easier to get for Orca now). The other problem is the "Ultra Cold fabric" since it requires wool from phasms, and not many people hunted those enough.

The Robot Power Amplifier I Think came from beacon missions.

Oh, it seems like the harness is the hardest to make. The rest are probably easier, mainily requires chomper hunting+Cold fabric BP(L).

balance isn't there.. name 3 good spots on calypso to use salamander..
pointed it out to kim more then 2 years ago, nothing happends

Orca was kind of awkward to get. It requires "Roboto Power amplifier", which, at the time, also was used for Scrof guns (though maybe easier to get for Orca now). The other problem is the "Ultra Cold fabric" since it requires wool from phasms, and not many people hunted those enough.

The Robot Power Amplifier I Think came from beacon missions.

Oh, it seems like the harness is the hardest to make. The rest are probably easier, mainily requires chomper hunting+Cold fabric BP(L).

Orca needs Cold Fabric and Ultra Cold Fabric

Cold fabric can be done from uL BP but needs Chomber shit, hard to get
Ultra cold fabric, you need to drop enough L BPs first

Hard to supply that armor regularly

Back