Surface Pro 3 by Microsoft

qamori

Stalker
Q Perv A
I just ordered the new Surface Pro 3 - Core i5 256GB so I can play during the day.
I am wondering how many people already have one, and how good it performs with Entropia?

After some research I was told not to get the i7 for games, the i5 is better for that purpose.

Any complaints about it?

Should run pretty bad, low/safe mode could be playable.

It's not a gaming system. And overpriced. Should have asked first.

Sorry.

it will barely run the game in playable state and it will run very hot...

Should run pretty bad, low/safe mode could be playable.

It's not a gaming system. And overpriced. Should have asked first.

Sorry.

Damn, I has hopping for better feedback.
I figured 2.45 ghz, on a i5 with 8gb ram could at least let me do more than safe mode.
There goes my plan to play at work

Damn, I has hopping for better feedback.
I figured 2.45 ghz, on a i5 with 8gb ram could at least let me do more than safe mode.
There goes my plan to play at work

I have a similar specs laptop, integrated gpu sucks ass. I play on safe mode, and can't visit any slightly crowded area.

Trying to hunt in that thing is gonna suck, ask for a refund if you still can. For $1k or whatever you paid there are far better "laptops" for gaming.

The AMD integrated GPU (ie the APU) still bests Intel's, and integrated graphics are still the limiting factor in such systems.

i5 vs i7 isnt really what you are looking for. You want graphics, dedicated card that performs...however you go.

I use an i7 Laptop without problems on max settings while streaming and programming and doing 3d work, but its the dual g-force 770m GPU graphics cards that allow that, not the memory as much(if the GPU has dedicated) or the processor as many are led to believe.

link

It isn't cheap, but this kind of rig is well worth the money, there are other less costly rigs with similar stats out there though too.

Maybe in 3 years we can play fast enough on tablet pc and such. GPUs in such systems are to slow at moment. if they would be fast enough, it cause 2 problems, 1. to much hot, 2. accu will be down very fast.

A average GBU in a PC sytem needs about 300 W power to give out that grafic perfprmance we need to play eu. And it always generate a lot hot also.

You dont need a 4k dollar laptop to run EU, but a dedicated gfx card is important.
Over 3yrs ago I got this one,
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004G5ZXH0/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1
for around 6-700 dollars and have been using it for work and EU ever since.

I have been starting to get slow startup times in the game and excessive timeouts along with my internet browsers freezing from time to time. Basicly its been 3 years and is due a new one, but I cant afford one this year, so I purchased a SSD for it for ~120$ and reinstalled windows. It has run much much better since then with EU starting normaly again for me and I just counted I have 4 separate Internet browsers running with a total of ~40 tabs, none of which 'hang' or 'freeze' on me anymore.

For another $100 I also ordered 8gig of ram (up from the 4 it came with) and a new keyboard (after 3 years of constant use i am missing a few keys and a few others stick, most annoying of which is the Spacebar)

I am playing with medium to high settings for most everything.

My point is you dont need an expensive computer to run EU... you need a dedicated gfx card.

Look for the cheapest you can get that has a dedicated card, i5, and 8gig of ram and you should be ok.
I was surprised at the difference the SSD made, but some of that can also be attributed to a fresh windows install. You can add that later fairly cheaply if needed.

What you need is at least 8 GB ram and 2 GB graphics adapter :yup:
EU it will run smoothly without any problems (at least from your side) :laugh:

PS I don't like to play EU on a laptop (to hot! to small screen! BAD for my health!)

Back