Little side project

Salo

Guardian
Society
Rotary International Entertainment
Salonga Salo Calypso
Since I have gotten a little bored with regular mining and I often mine areas where I encounter robots of all shape and size, that bother me alot, I decided to try and mine myself a set of Mah'ketta armor. I am sure auction would have been cheaper but I am a sucker for finding my own stuff and also I am hoping this will be fun.
I will update every 1000 drops so I can keep track on returns and things I might find :)

I will do this with F-105 no amps

Total cost: 6174 Ped
Total return: 8335 Ped

Sootos:

1x Songkra City Artistic Representation
1x Kulokhar Fort Artistic Representation
1x Dehera Pail
1x Mah'ketta gloves (M)
2x Mah'ketta helmet (M)
1x Mah'ketta footguards (F)
1x Shagadi small vase

Last edited:
good luck, hope you aren't mining on calypso though? :)

I think I saw gloves already looted today ingame. :)

First 1000 drops done.

Here are the results:

TT cost (finder, probes, extractor) 1554 Ped
TT return (including sootos) 3611 Ped

Notable finds and items: 52 Ped brass alloy, 51 Ped Khorum alloy, 2240 Ped Songkra alloy, 76 Ped Chem set, Songkra city artistic representation (painting), Dehera pail (storage container), Mah'ketta gloves (M)

Run started nicely. Got the painting on the second drop and thought that this project would be done quickly. Far from it, as I began to realise throughout the run :rolleyes:
The 2k Songkra was a freak occurence but even without it the run would have been good. Not profitable but I never expected any profit from this whatsoever.
Here is hoping that the next run wil give me a female armor part.

good luck, hope you aren't mining on calypso though? :)

Thank you :) and no, not mining on Calypso but I would if it were possible.

I think I saw gloves already looted today ingame. :)

Yes, but they were (m) unfortunately. If this drags out for too long I might try trading for female gloves, however I will do at least another 2 runs and see if I can find any (f) armor parts.

I like your project :D
Mah'ketta is a good armor (I own a M set), even its not verry popular I like it alot.
Wish you GL in your journey gathering the set.

Second 1000 drops done.

Here are the results:

TT cost (finder, probes, extractor) 1538 Ped
TT return (including sootos) 1353 Ped

Notable finds and items: Shagadi small vase (storage container), Mah'ketta helmet (M)

Another (m) armor part, still better than none :yay:
No globals today but a few XII. I was prepared for much worse returns. Was not bad at all :D
Next 1000 drops I might split into 2 runs...this one was tough towards the end

Yes, but they were (m) unfortunately. If this drags out for too long I might try trading for female gloves, however I will do at least another 2 runs and see if I can find any (f) armor parts.

I suspect (M) armor generally drops more often than (F). Of the several dozen low-end armor (mostly Grunt) part that I and my better half have looted, more than two thirds were (M). It's so long been common wisdom that "it's smart to create an F avatar because F armor is cheaper" that perhaps MA has rebalanced it, making probabilities proportional to the number of avatars in existence or whatever.

Not intending to discourage you, just thinking aloud :) and my sample is very small and doesn't include any Mah'ketta.

I applied some excel-fu to EntropiaLife rare loot data and found out that, of the last 270 Mah'ketta pieces found, 131 were (M) and 139 were (F). Hence, whatever I've said about drop rates should be dismissed as tinfoil hat stuff, at least in regard to Mah'ketta. :)

Third 1000 drops done.

Here are the results:

TT cost (finder, probes, extractor) 1539 Ped
TT return (including sootos) 1328 Ped

Notable finds and items: 73 Ped Vedacore, Kulokhar Fort Artistic Representation, Mah'ketta helmet (M), Mah'ketta footguards (f) !!!!!:yay:

Finally my first piece of (f) armor! Really happy about the find. I am really happy with the returns so far. In the beginning of this run I had a HP increase which surprised me as I had one just before I took off for Arkadia. I might do a marathon run tonight. But first I will try the level 1 instance for a change.

I applied some excel-fu to EntropiaLife rare loot data and found out that, of the last 270 Mah'ketta pieces found, 131 were (M) and 139 were (F). Hence, whatever I've said about drop rates should be dismissed as tinfoil hat stuff, at least in regard to Mah'ketta. :)

Thank you for this info! I am not discouraged easily but this gives me some extra motivation!

Fourth 1000 drops done.

Here are the results:

TT cost (finder, probes, extractor) 1543 Ped
TT return (including sootos) 2313 Ped

Notable finds and items: 1352 Ped Chem set

Tried the underground this time. It did not nearly take as long as planetside to get 1000 probes into the ground but then again I did not get any sootos. Very happy with the return of course. :)

I don't think its possible to get treasure sooto at AU.

I don't think its possible to get treasure sooto at AU.

Thank you for the information. This is good to know. Back to the surface it is then.

Back