Question: Space...the forgotten place!

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
On the road map space didn't get a mention. We are still waiting on something to happen. Many space themed MMOs are far far far ahead in terms of space and what it contains. To recap some important steps so far and what we need;
So far;
1. We have space stations for each planet, each with a safe zone.
2. Space mobs located at various positions for some entertainment
3. Warp capable Motherships and Privateers
4. Some interesting places to visit, but beyond that not much else to do other than to go from A to B.

What we need;
1. Space stations with a purpose, such as trading hubs, owned by players which need SI and can be defended in PvP

2. We need corridors and areas of space that are not PvP. Suggested safe toll ways owned by players

3. Planets and asteroid belts that are purely for mining both in safe zones and in PvP areas.

4. Anomalies such as black holes that must be avoided.

5. 3D mapping and coordinate planning. We have space skills which serve little purpose. Ie Space Pilot level should indicate what level of ship you can pilot. A level 10 Space Pilot should not have enough skills to use a Mothership, thus there should be SIB on ships. Every player can fly a QUAD from noob to uber! Maybe a noob be limited to small short range space Pods for orbital travel and around space stations. As skills improve, they can upgrade to a shuttle, then a cargo ship and then QUAD fighters.

6. Also, skills in certain areas are needed, I suggest Fighter Pilot skills, Passenger ship skills, Cargo ship skills, and these divided into small ship to very large ship skills.

7. Warp gates, if you don't own a warp capable ship space travel can be slow. But if the warp gates had a role and player owned gateways, this would be helpful.

There is so so so much that can be done to improve things, I just hope we see some initiative from MA soon.

Heres to E(u)VE online

Soon the current space system will be replaced by a an app for android ios. But not to worry!! There will be lots of deeds to invest in to finance the app, so it will be awesome!

Before Space can even be called space....

Where's the "g*d *a*n" shields? The space we have here in EU is a laugh compared to others that are out there. (Pardon me for my language. :silly2:)

First of all it's unfair to compare EU to games that are focused on the space and space ships, in EU the space is not the main focus, it a part of a bigger universe where the planets are to main feature.

But I agree that the space should need some improvement and development, right now it mostly on a place to travel between the planets, I also would like it to have more content like mining and other similar features. But I also think one main problem is the relatively small player-base, if the overall player-base would increase in EU it would probably fill up the space with more action too.

The safe space high ways would be an awesome Idea.

What they need to do is. Give us a few months warning.

Then have a PVP land grab over the areas. (in quads)

Then when you travel through them you have to pay like 50ped which gets split between all the owners.

EU is still despite being olddd in the beginning stages.

I put in a few suggestions to Ma about space, and was given the reply that there is currently an interested party to run space, although they can't comment further at this time.

Dibbler :)

lol, GL I dont think they are going to promise us anything anytime soon. Maybe in 2015 they will say they have something for 2016, but here's to hoping.

personally I am playing 100% non-depo until space gets something... something other then adding features that effect it negatively like knowing your marked as a target, or making a blue HUD display on a quad that serves no function other then that of a distraction.

Here's a pic from the upcoming Entropia Space Wars app for android to replace the current system:

lodestar8.gif

Looks like deeds will not be cheap for this project!

mindark would like to develope space but since community never gave any suggestions it was put on hold.

Why not entire space to be owned from players only? and if you want to go to space you must pay!:ahh:

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

The bottom line of this thread is demands from someone who want to own things in space and other players obligated to pay him:scratch2:

Entropia is about planets and the life on them!!! Not space!!!

Very well thought out it would be great if it was carried out.:yay::yay::yay:

I think one of the biggest issues, and Dibbler's post points to this is the fact that space is fully owned and run by MA, not a planet partner. So any peds we spend there go straight to MA rather than a PP (except perhaps the 25% "birth" share, though I don't think this has ever been stated). So... anytime MA actively draws players into space, the planet partners suffer. Of course it could be said that if space were awesome, it could dramatically increase the playerbase which would increase decay on all the planets (especially if space missions/economy are tied into the planetary economies as well). They can also get the planet partners interested in space by dividing space into various regions, and each planet partner receives some income from activity in that region.

That said, I agree with the OP, space badly needs to be developed... I very much agree that ships should require skill levels... and there should be at least a dozen different ship types with at least several ship module upgrades available for each.

Entropia is about planets and the life on them!!! Not space!!!

The majority of the ads that MA is using (that I found) use images of space, stars, or views of planets from space. So I'd disagree. EU is about space and planets. People love the idea of flying around in space doing stuff. EU is an awesome game so space in EU can be awesome too.

And there's no lack of player suggestions, they just need to do some forum searches, we've had some really stellar ;) suggestions over the years.

Last edited:
1. Space stations with a purpose, such as trading hubs, owned by players which need SI and can be defended in PvP
Babylon 5... would be epic, no doubt. Just like black holes and asteroid belts.

2. We need corridors and areas of space that are not PvP. Suggested safe toll ways owned by players
Meaning, not longer or harder to navigate passageways but just simply a tax to avoid PvP? It seems like Space feature but actually... u can just as well build a few "Interplanetary TP's" on the planets and sell those to players. Effect on Space will be the same.

Easy solution, just divide all space in LA's.
Owners of space LA's will put their LA pvp mode on or off as they think is better to have more hunters on LA.
As we already know what is ppl preference from Calypso LA's where all LA's pvp is turned off we dont need any additional safe coridors.

Space the final frontier

Well its true - something should happen to space. But at first they should do something with the steering of the ships. Compared to the steering in other games it is pure hell! And with the Friend-Foe System. Did anyone see it working correctly? :) I dont.

Upgrading it to a sort of BSGO or EVE or Star Citizen wouldnt be a good idea because you arent playing this games but Entropia Universe. So it must be different. And that is exactly why most of us play here and NOT there. Because of the difference.

You are talking about Safe Zones. I dont think they are neccassary at all. They only would take the market complete away from the other planets to Calypso. And that is what no one should really want. As long as Space is full PvP there is a chance that ppl have to use the planet market. Or would you prefer that you cant use your gear anymore only because you´ve bought it on another planet? This is the way "Hunt the thing" is atm and i am not happy about it that i cant choose myself which gear i wear and use anymore but been forced to something i dont want.

And last but not least: What about the transport companies who offer good services to us all bringing us and our goods from point A to point B? They wouldnt be any more because no longer needed. Should we take away their business ? I dont think so.

And i strongly disagree to make Space a place which is owned by several players and the others have to pay them their gameplay. For me MA or maybe a new "Spacepartner" should be the one who owns Space.

But yes... a bit more difference should be ... where are the Cyrene Bots they announced 2 years ago? Where are the new MS and the new fighters we seen as conceptart in the forums? Why isnt it possible to let starfinders and pathfinders land on their places at calypso?

you see ... there can be some changes with exiting things in the future and ofc i will look forward to it but please. Let entropia universe be entropia universe and if you dont like it ... just play another game you like more :)

Sorry this is not a new idea. MA is only interested in new ideas at this time, ideas that have nothing to do with the game itself.

MA makes new content, they are not in the business of improving content.

You are talking about Safe Zones. I dont think they are neccassary at all. They only would take the market complete away from the other planets to Calypso. And that is what no one should really want. Let entropia universe be entropia universe and if you dont like it ... just play another game you like more :)

We need back global auction and global market so we can buy and sell from any planet or any point of EU.
Let Entropia universe be safe, interesting and funny to explore, mine or hunt and who want play EVE just go and play that game.

We need back global auction and global market so we can buy and sell from any planet or any point of EU.
Let Entropia universe be safe, interesting and funny to explore, mine or hunt and who want play EVE just go and play that game.

And why do we Need that? Space is not safe and it never was intended to be ... MA wants a few bucks from us too not only the planet Partners ... for you was VU9 the right time when there was no space implemented and no vehicles at all .. only TP Chips ... but we are far over this time ... welcome to VU 14 ::yay:

Global market?

And why do we Need that? Space is not safe and it never was intended to be ... Pirates and owners of transport services wants a few bucks from us too not only the planet Partners ...
They only would take the market complete away from the other planets to Calypso. And that is what no one should really want.

Global auctions, markets, and TPs between planets are off topic for this thread.

I agree with whoever said the current ship maneuvering mechanics must be improved before space combat can be taken seriously.

Fire a full spread of missiles!

Before Space can even be called space....

Where's the "g*d *a*n" shields? The space we have here in EU is a laugh compared to others that are out there. (Pardon me for my language. :silly2:)

Well if you want shields, then I want missiles that can be crafted. (With Explosive Projectiles behign the main component in them so think of this as a Explosive Projectile Sink). and anti missile systems (like Chaff and flares) in order to thwart said missles (using decoys from the TT as the main item to craft with..)

and also, space should be large enoug\ that even a sleipnir can't travel from planet to planet.. use the sleips as space taxi's to and from the stations around the planet.. that way some of the less fortunate ones can earn their honest living..

Warp gates are nice but what aobut "Jump Engines" where you can attach them to your quad and use them to jump from sector to sector.. Think of them as Mini warp engines.. and the fuel on those should be mind Exxence, not just oil...

Need I go on? I got a tone of ideas that we could use..

Benjamin Ben Coyote (Space Callsign "Coyote")
a.k.a. "The Blind Sniper"

Global auctions, markets, and TPs between planets are off topic for this thread.

I agree with whoever said the current ship maneuvering mechanics must be improved before space combat can be taken seriously.

It was discussed as a part of easy sollutions in state as space is now.
Actualy space dont have much incentives to be there except to fly to another planet.
Even ship improvements you mention need incentiveas for what or why we need those better ships.
To have reason to be in space and play there we shud have more incentives instead to feeding criminals aka pirates as is now.
We shud have economy and market incentive too - to do mining on space rocks, to hunt, to explore, to craft things wich are not craftable on planets ect
Space shud be inviting and enjoable without criminals on your back and we wud see a lot more ppl in space.
Economy and market can mean land grab on space station too and all rights wich winner get.
And to winn ofc you need best space ships we can get.
Absence of robot space ships and motherships do not mean that we shud live without and no need defend ourselfs and space bases from them.
Space shud stay pvp but not lootable and if that is so hard to change - then is easy to remove reason for pirate existence by reintroducting global auction market what will bring end of Calypso market domination and allow other planets to grow in equal conditions.
That do not mean that we loose reasons to dominate and play in space - we just need a lot of things to be inplemented in space.
And that is not support for few pirates, we need real reasons why shud entire society arm and inprove their flying wheicles and fight in space and that shud be something much more waluable than sporadic fight with few pirates.

Same discussions as always going on in this thread. Same people fighting for and against PvP space. Everyone still expressing dissatisfaction with how space is represented in EU.

Developers, despite my own personal opinions on the value or lack thereof on PvP maybe its time to take note that you arent earning any points here with space in its current design. It sucks. It's boring. It's basically two dimensional (both figuratively and otherwise).

Redesign it.

Back