Question: Can you improve the PM box please?

Status

Mega

Chaotic Good
Society
Kaos
MegaVolt
A year or so ago when you received a PM you got a flashing box in bottom left corner accompanied with an audible noise.

A month or so ago with the overhaul we didnt get that but got purple chat in main that was hard to miss.

Now we get a small "PM" in the middle left of the screen that doesnt flash, is very easy to miss and I can (and have) missed it for over an hour.

Can you please look back at what worked before, make it like it was before and either make it flash and be a bright COLOUR or stop making improvements that are anything but.

In the mean time, If you've sent me a message and I missed it, dont send me another message, because I'll probably miss that too.

:banghead:

I have faith MA dev's can make it flash or be a bright colour, because what they implemented in the recent patch certainly wasn't an improvement (for me anyway)

Rant over. :)

Agree, it should flash much longer and stay highlighted afterwards. I missed it right before my eyes so many times that finally have reverted to using a custom PM tab.

Also please save any unread PMs since I found this new setup I find that I see most of the PMs these days when I am exiting out of the program hoping that the window will not close on me as I click exit.

I like the new PM behaviour

I like that little pop-up mail icon.. it stands out.

I can send a PM and close any window for the conversation (because you know how people sometimes just don't reply, their ignorance is the same way as saying no).. so i send a pm.. and close the window and forget about it sometimes..

if a PM ever comes back, it's very obvious.

you can change it via options. check it out.

Agree, it should flash much longer and stay highlighted afterwards. I missed it right before my eyes so many times that finally have reverted to using a custom PM tab.

I like that it doesn't flash, if you're fighting a mob that can kill you if you don't stand alert you don't want anything to poke your attention. A bit of the annoyance has been releived though as the "You have now entered the ... land ares" type of messages doesn't show up as urgent messages. (If you've been hunting or mining on TI you probably know what I mean).

I like that it doesn't flash,
Everyone could be made happy with an option in HUD settings like "Flash duration: [0..10]" (and perhaps also the flash/highlight color selection).

I missed 2 PM's tonight - I literally didnt see that stupid PM top right corner box.

So if you like the Windows 98 look we have now, good for you, I'd like the orange flashing Icon we used to have.

I have nothing more to add as I doubt a dev will answer. Some like it as it is, I dont.

Mod, please consider this thread locked.

:locked:

Status
Back