Votes: 54 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 49 38.9%
  • I dont know

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • I dont care

Votes: 16 12.7%

• Total voters
Nope don't hate it..... dislike it maybe.

Sure it would be fun to have all mobs stationary, no ninja spawns etc. But while were at it, hills are annoying too, so are trees and bushes that get in the way, these make it harder for me to use my max distance and eco as well.

If you keep trying to go for what's easy, you'll end up in a square box, perfectly flat ground with no visual stimulus clicking a slot machine.
Economy wise and when in my grinding mode I'd of course prefer the above scenario due to the fact that I'd get the most bang for my buck.
But it'd get boring quickly... It already is a bit too easy with the super spawns as of late (IE Feffox).
To where your just set autoshoot on and just flip your crosshairs between mobs.

Back in my day (read this in an old grandpa talking about the golden days voice), you actually hunted, usually you had to run a radar between mobs sometime. Some like longu desert where they had 4 longu's surrounded by about 100 merps. Hunters would have to run the merps off but leave the 4 longu's to have a hunting area.
And we would hunt those 4 longu's having to run around and find the respawn inbetween kills.
(or 1 Tantardion xD)

Now we have super spawns, hunting profession kind of turned into the grinding profession, it just doesn't require thought anymore.

Even though I'd prefer to save every pec I can when hunting, I see mobs roaming around and coming on you mid kill is part of hunting, its a natural occurrence that provides some thrill, maybe a bit of challenge or unexpectedness to the grind.
IMO mobs don't move enough / need more AI, as much as it would suck to hunt smarter mobs, It'd make it a lot less boring. I'd like aggressive mobs, mobs that would help out fellow mobs, mobs that move in packs, so you would actually have to start dodging some slow moving swarms.
Some other variables to consider when selecting a mob besides how much hp does it have and how much dmg does it do.

I've killed feffox's of all maturities, its easy to avoid roamers, again what some other people pointed out, hunting smart does matter. I can do 4k ped of ammo on big feffox and only ever find myself getting hit by more than one due to roaming is maybe a total of 3 or 4 times the entire hunt.

TL'DR: No I do not hate wandering mobs, I think they should wander more / act smarter.

PS: Everyone is welcome to check my Entropialife to confirm I have indeed hunted big feffox's :p

Did someone say... Retardions?!?!?! I must admit, one of the biggest reasons PE was cheaper back in the day was due to the lack of any real grinding... Even raven plains or twin ambul there wasn't that many mobs there... it would be a "low" density spawn now. I preferred it, but then the mechanics fit it also (can you imagine trying to get an item drop on those spawns with todays loot system? urgh)

Valid points Da... It enhanced AI does make it more dynamic.

The problem for me is I'm usually multi tasking.... Soc chat, juggling PMs, etc.

Exactly the same points as everyone else has made in this thread.

I dont get it, how new is this wandering feature ? I havn't played for like 3 weeks because i had no time and wont have time until weekend.

Was this wandering feature implemented the last 3 weeks or is it older ? Because i never had issues with wandering mobs as described here.

Mobs already wandered. It now wanders more and smarter.

I find it better this way but apparently people like it when mobs are dumb and then complain hunting is boring. You could just as easily hunt on the outside instead of hunting in the middle of a large dense spawn (longtooth feffox mulmun). I wonder sometimes if people critically think and understand cause and effect.

With that being said, the ninja spawn is a problem but you should still plan for it. If two or three mobs overwhelm you.. I would guess you're pretty close to hunting over your level and gear. I personally would like to see a mechanic or mob like reavers in ever quest 1. You kill it and it could spawn a more rarer mob in a chain... the rarer mob had better loots (gems and druid epic rare piece specifically in this case).

The Ark mobs do not behave like certian Caly mobs...

Truth be told the Ark mobs are basically all in neat little corrals. It's laughable. That entire planet is basically just a giant Farmville with mobs neatly packaged for hunters to shoot at will. I went there once, saw how the mobs were all handily arranged for hunters to pick and choose like that, and never went back.

It smacks of lack of effort. If youre going to separate groups out like that at least make a dome, or some kind of terrain barrier. Something so that it makes at least a tiny bit of sense.

Arkadia sucks.

Ok I'll just put this out there, I dont know who will read it or if anyone will take notice of it.

In 2006 you hunted Snable you profited
In 2007 you hunted Caud you profited
In 2008 you hunted Argos you profited
In 2009 you hunted Feffoid you profited
In 2010 you hunted Drone you profited
In 2011 you hunted.....

Gets more tricky here, there were opportunites but they kept being nerfed removed, altered, added regen.

Also add that Iron missions / IFN missions had arrived so people hunted them obsessively, anyway this is off topic.

We are where we are now. The reason we have these "wandering mobs" also known as "ninja respawn" is because Mindark want to you to die more often and decay your fap / armor more often.

There are counter measures obviously, downgrade what you hunt, change your fap and armor, stay on the outskirts of a hunt zone, or if you dont wish to adapt, pile in like I used to see Argo hunters do and surround themselves and think to myself "Blimey".

Its not adapt or quit, its adapt and think outside the box, presume you know that one....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thinking_outside_the_box

...in your opinion.

Ark has a lot of things going for it and a lot of people are pretty happy over there.

Well then I think we've found your solution!

You have not tryed to hunt scoria from 1 mob on emty space i had to kill 27 mobs.:wtg:
It happend to me Before about 20-30 min.

A: Mobs behave the same for everybody, and
B: It's a zero sum game.

A+B= advantage for the smart, disadvantage for the dumb and lazy.

TL;DR I can kill eomon with a kitchen knife all day. If u can't goto Ark.

OOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo WEE! I can feel the hate in this thread a little bit.

Anyways- I voted no... I like mobs that move around - I am hunting after all.

But what it seems like you are more talking about is Ninja Spawns specifically. That I do not like at all. And it is more of a problem with big mobs with nice Agro range. The one I notice it the most on is Prot and Hogs. I haven't hunted Feffox a ton, but I don't seem to have that problem there. If I kill a mob - another "shouldn't" pop up right where that one died - it should be more random around the area and in a wider range than happens a lot.
I feel it's OK overall right now, just less Ninja Spawns would be good - but I don't know a great way to change that. I don't want spawn rates to lessen or the area to increase a lot.

I also didn't understand your point about shared loot LT. They seemed the same to me. Difference is they are confined to a small area and there are lot of people around.

Truth be told the Ark mobs are basically all in neat little corrals. It's laughable. That entire planet is basically just a giant Farmville with mobs neatly packaged for hunters to shoot at will. I went there once, saw how the mobs were all handily arranged for hunters to pick and choose like that, and never went back.

It smacks of lack of effort. If youre going to separate groups out like that at least make a dome, or some kind of terrain barrier. Something so that it makes at least a tiny bit of sense.

Arkadia sucks.

Until VU10, the area around Atlas Haven was divided:
North, Snables (+chirpy)
West, Daikiba (+turp)
East, Exos / Kerberos (different "slices").

Pretty much a neat way of hunting. The only way you risked having to hunt wrong mob was if you were going for the birds, then you had to deal with (small) daikibas or (small) snables.

Unfortunately, with the landareas, now mobs are all mixed up. As soon as yesterday I got a facepalm experience, when I saw iltumatrox west of segna forest mixed with atrax. Iltumatroxes were Close to old solfaris crater, but I wonder who put the atrax in the snow. Lizards are Cold blood animals you know...

Land areas, instead of being "Clean" areas to hunt in, there are very weird mixes. Thorios+Thorifoids, Scipulor stalkers with mermoths, Equus with traeskerons, fungoids with argonauts. One kind'a wish, is that MA at "one time" detaches all DNA samples from the fertilizer stations, and let land area owners trade DNA with eachother, and then try to make a good choice when inserting the DNA into respectiver fert station. Maybe one of the worst mistakes MA did was releasing medusa islands with the DNA inserted on it instead of Selling the islands "blank" and possibly include 2x sumima DNA and 2x scip DNA.

You did a good thing with combibo on the Island, but I'm not sure how friendly it is for beginners - at least in the old Days, it was pretty tough to get onto that Island because of the rippersnappers around, and if there is a revival on the Island, maybe it's hard to leave it instead.

As for borders; then there is the "takuta Plateau" land area: Most of the land area border is either high hills that works as a wall, or a river. As the mobs on the area is pretty aggro, it makes it hard to hunt there and be sure to only have one on you, as you randomly get ninas on you. If you brought a fapper, you need to waste ammo on the ninja nob once in a while to keep it from attacking fapper, and if you didn't bring a fapper your cost to hunt will be higher because of the regen while you fap two mobs instead of one (not to forget double fap+armor decay cost). And, again, this is because of the physical barries that makes it hard to tag a mob from outside. (Not to forget, the occasional ammo-eating atrox that starts to bite on your armor). The "miwak pass" LA/LA02 also suffers from a simular problem with a hill-chain immediately from the North and not many good places to tag from to avoid the "thorios".

Last edited:
...in your opinion.

Ark has a lot of things going for it and a lot of people are pretty happy over there.

Alot of people were happy with Jersey Shore and The Real World too.

Does not mean they were good.

Why is everyone so hung up on realism...like fucking animals carry around cans of paint.

For that matter, if you want realism, ask MA why none of the mobs have buttholes. If a mob eats me, he will need a butthole eventually.

But "ohhhhh, I love how they roam around, it makes it more immersive!!!" HAHAHA OMG

A weird gray thing with 2 noses carrying paint? Yep, Darwin saw that coming. A 20 foot tall anorexic elephant on 2 legs runs by my house every day carrying a kitchen table

Sure, make the mobs move a bit, who cares, but keep it under control...no one is here playing because they want to feel like they are on a safari taking snapshots for National Geographic.

Anyone who needs massive mob movement to make it feel more real should remember that one day you might end up flying a spaceship to another planet in 28 minutes and killing a prison warden with a sword you got from Ancient Greece while wearing a chef hat textured with wood you found on an electric porcupine.

:)

That was fun...
I love you all, regardless!

Last edited:
yes is winning by a small margin at this point :girl:

Even if it wasn't, assuming this poll is at least roughly representative of the active player base, a significant portion of EU customers "hate" this new mob behavior. Realism is great but the behaviors of some mobs need to be tweaked a little.

Even if it wasn't, assuming this poll is at least roughly representative of the active player base, a significant portion of EU customers "hate" this new mob behavior.

but still not the majority :wise:

Ninja spawns i don't mind to much tbh, and often seem to come before a bigger loot on that spawn. Almost like the server is trying to clear away the wheat from the chaff (usually me :D). Also annoying when healing people but everyone exposed to the same AI/conditions so same to all (unless ofc hunting in middle of a spawn).

However the dancing around you mobs do annoy the hell outta me.

I do wish people could discuss stuff like this without the hate and cock comparing tho, gets away from the main issue/discussion.

yes/no vote is close on the poll so appears to be not a massive issue, for the record i voted don't really care, TP-ing back takes little time.

Voted NO!

Wandering is cool!

Another good thing about the wandering is that is someone runs into a large group of high agro mobs and groups them all up before they die, the mob group will disperse over time making it easier to tag single mobs without pulling the whole group.

I don't care how many resources it consumes on PC. If u want stationary mobs buy a Nintendo.

I've been thinking about this, and I still don't know.

I'm not even sure "hate" is the right word here. Come on, it's fine to hate idiots. It's fine and even necessary to hate commies. But to hate a behavior produced by a thirty-line piece of code - that seems a waste of emotions to me.

Another good thing about the wandering is that is someone runs into a large group of high agro mobs and groups them all up before they die, the mob group will disperse over time making it easier to tag single mobs without pulling the whole group.

You are only going to pull multiple mobs if you are using a rocket to tag.

Furthermore, mobs with the new logic group together in a massively dense spot if more than a few hunters are there at once. I'm not talking about 5 or 10 mobs here... I'm talking the entire radar packed from edge to edge with red dots so thick, if a green dot did land in the middle, you wouldn't even know it.

Feffox would be an example.

I like the concept of wandering mobs but I think that what we have now should be adjusted a little bit.

Kill them all. Let god sort them out! :wtg:

I also do not like the new aggression parameters on the mobs.

First off is the fact all the hit boxes took a major downsizing a few months ago and it really makes it impossible to lock on a target most of the time because the fucker can't stand still for more than 10 seconds. A FAR bigger problem for anyone who is stupid enough to use melee.

Second: Because there is no longer a pause between landing a hit/or evade, now you have a mob instantly gunning it for you. Which means now it has to run through the badly coded terrain making twist and turns that no normal being would.

Third: Because of problem one this because a frustrating annoyance to peg the mob before it reaches you. Sure some of are bigger than a barn door but not all the choice mobs are the size of walls. Even if you have selected the mob with auto-target, your avatar aims like a stroke victim and you still need to adjust. Especially if the target is the size of a human. Rocktopia has plenty of examples.

Finally: Add all the above and you might as well just go mining because at least you don't have aim at anything other than a claim.

I also do not like the new aggression parameters on the mobs.

First off is the fact all the hit boxes took a major downsizing a few months ago and it really makes it impossible to lock on a target most of the time because the fucker can't stand still for more than 10 seconds. A FAR bigger problem for anyone who is stupid enough to use melee.

Well, I use melee extensively and I don't have a problem with mob hit boxes... With the exception of Ambu, in which case I disable "Move to target when interacting" but that's a feature that I'm continuously turning on and off regardless if I'm using ranged or melee. It just depends on the situation.

Most hit box problems (all that I know of) can be solved with turning that feature on or off.

Finally: Add all the above and you might as well just go mining because at least you don't have aim at anything other than a claim.
I have a better solution. Go play one of those F2P Korean MMO's that are mighty popular lately (or WoW for that matter). There it's all fully automatic. Tab-click-click-click, next mob.
Log in, tab-click-click-click, tab-click-click-click, tab-click-click-click, tab-click-click-click, log off. Mighty fun. :tongue2:

EU was one of the last MMOs where you could actually aim at the mob and then pull the trigger, where aim actually had a meaning.
We have given it up already, support for the mainstream WoW-style aiming is already present in EU. Sooner or later the last bugs (with the automatic aim not working perfectly) will be fixed and then manual aim will be 100% obsolete.
Welcome to WoW, all the old PE players! Wait, where have they all gone? Wonder why? :p

I don't care how many resources it consumes on PC. If u want stationary mobs buy a Nintendo.

Even on Nintendo the mobs moved from side to side.

Some folks in EU seem to want less game features than Super Mario Bros. Basically they think anything other than shooting a stationary can on a fence costs too much.

Back