I'm tired

Since, as I said, I rarely get hit or need to heal... it comes down my weapon setup, which is 2.9 damage/pec. Unless you are using an i2870, MM, or imk2, 2.9 is about as good as it gets. Most UL SIBs are far worse (2.7-2.8).

actually most new weapons are over 2.9 dam/pec even bought with markup for midlevel hunters
for instance lc-340 with 105 bought at 115% (and that is high,its normaly around 105) has dam/[ec of 2.94

an lc-60 with 105 bought at 124 % even has better eco then 2.9

ps;there is no reason to have any defencecosts when doing proteron,even with just using an ml-35 you can kill thme before they reach you

Last edited:
actually most new weapons are over 2.9 dam/pec even bought with markup for midlevel hunters
for instance lc-340 with 105 bought at 115% (and that is high,its normaly around 105) has dam/[ec of 2.94

an lc-60 with 105 bought at 124 % even has better eco then 2.9

I believe I said [UL] SIB, if not let me correct myself there. I was looking within a certain skill range and DPS range for [UL] SIB weapons. Regardless, my UL Ranked Scorpion is 2.93 eco. Also, there are fewer options at higher levels for [UL] SIB. Not to mention, having [UL] has some benefits, such as keeping your tier levels when you need enhancers. Or not being at the whims of the auction house when you need a new weapon.

But certain higher level SIBs, such as the HL-15, HL-18, etc (UL of course), have awful eco (2.7-2.8).

And, yes, I could use an ML-35 to kill Proterons before they hit me... but I'm also not level 100 yet, so my economy with an ML-35 doesn't outweigh defense costs for me. Plus, I rarely get hit as is. I am in the market for an a204 OC though, and the increased DPS will do wonders. But again, if you look at the stats I posted, the armor decay isn't the reason for poor return.

i know you said ul sib,thats exactly why i posted that limited sib has better eco then 2.9 :)

you are still thinking with the mindset of the "old" weapons
i am level 119 and i still use limited weapons,granted at higher levels they are really cheap(like under 105%)
but for an midlevel hunter there is enough choice to get an eco of over 2.9 and with higher dam/sec using limited shit then most ul "öld" sibweapons

ps; having 5 % defense costs is not my idea of not getting hit

Lol wow 5% def cost. That's awful. 2.5% or less is the target otherwise you are hunting over your level.

Teiwaz is right.. you have to log your results

i know you said ul sib,thats exactly why i posted that limited sib has better eco then 2.9 :)

you are still thinking with the mindset of the "old" weapons
i am level 119 and i still use limited weapons,granted at higher levels they are really cheap(like under 105%)
but for an midlevel hunter there is enough choice to get an eco of over 2.9 and with higher dam/sec using limited shit then most ul "öld" sibweapons

ps; having 5 % defense costs is not my idea of not getting hit

Well, I just never liked the (L) system haha. Beta was great, we never had to worry about all these crazy systems :D and average TT return was nicer :laugh: But my UL SIB is 2.93 so I'm quite okay with that. I did all my iron aurli with a CB26 T6 and X5 T7.. now THAT was bad eco! But it was profitable oddly enough (that was also 2 years ago, so it doesn't affect the last week or so for me).

If I was at 100+, I'd be more than happy to use an i2870 or MM, which would be more eco than high level L SIB.

Lol wow 5% def cost. That's awful. 2.5% or less is the target otherwise you are hunting over your level.

As I said, I can go unarmored with a Mod Fapper and I would be at like 2%. So I'm eating that cost by choice right now. But that 2.5-3% more isn't a huge affect on my return % lately.

I haven't played much in well over a year, but about 18 months ago I was hunting Proterons with the same armor but X5 UL T7, which is even less eco - but the average loot per kill was constantly higher than it is now. I'm adjusting my hunting cycles now that I'm back to see where my average loots are better.

Either way, I moved to baby troxies with my Adj Pixie and UL RS. Much more eco :D

Either way, I moved to baby troxies with my Adj Pixie and UL RS. Much more eco :D

May thats the way to go, sell out a lot of the skills and go back to cheap mobs. And stop mining also! the cash from sell out then last a very , very long time without to do a deposite, also when i get only 50%.

May thats the way to go, sell out a lot of the skills and go back to cheap mobs. And stop mining also! the cash from sell out then last a very , very long time without to do a deposite, also when i get only 50%.

Maybe??

I tought you already did so:
near everything from puny to uber mobs, since i try to find other mobs pay a bit better. And I also do mining, but mining get near the same bad returns. So no matter what I hunt or do, it ends in a hug ped los.

Well, I'm gonna leave this here:

10k Cornundacauda

Combined that's more than 28k ped cycled. Steady return well over 90%.

First, nice logs !

Not going to enter into the fry, in my opinion unlucky big spenders are a reality and a necessity so others can get their 90%, as MA I do not think can function properly from only 10% for a few years now, as shown by their financial reports (pension funds included).

Just a couple questions, if is not a secret - if I'm not mistaken you hunted Cornu Alpha - Old Alphas for that mission, is that right? Being a mission with kills, not points, many players tend to hunt the younger maturities - with disastrous results sometimes, as they can barely loot any item with markup.

For me this was a big secret all the time, not being involved in societies, to find out what maturity is the juiciest one from each (small) mob... Lacking the funds, never really tried on my own dime. Of course loot tables can change after any VU, but at that point in 2013, was picking that maturity an educated choice, or just by habit?

I killed that maturity because I noticed they looted many MF chips and some nice guns (even Leonis (L) once in a while). The smaller ones only loot low TT MF chips that you have to use or TT (low TT + low MU = not worth auctioning).

One thing I notice is that if you jump from one mob to another quickly your returns go to poop. You have to choose one mob, sample its loot for a few hours and then decide.

If you think it's worth it then go for it, camp that particular mob until you are done with your mission. And you will get pretty stable returns.

If you dont like it, move on and find another one. Sampling the loot is more important than people think, imho (I'm just talking from my own experience).

But like I said, jumpin from one mob to another all the time is the worst idea ever.

Hmm interesting replies here. One thing I can say is I'm glad people care this much to put that much thought and effort into these things. I am a Soc mate of Trance - so I hear about what he does a lot. I have to say number one is anyone that has played this game for many years - pretty much has enough knowledge to know what is right and what is wack. (take that with a grain of salt) Also all this talk of keeping logs is good and all. You can see Rave's logs... how can you ague with that - pretty eco as you can get and that was crap return. Doesn't matter if you do 100 ped ammo or 1000 ped IMO. It should especially matter MORE if you do 100 ped cause that is what newer players will most likely be using. It took me a long time to get up to where take out several hundred peds of ammo to use on one hunt.

His one main point was that of late it was worse than usual. And I can relate - this seems like a straw that broke the camel's back type of situation. I was in this situation late last year. It doesn't matter if you keep awesome logs or not - at the end it is a game and if you are spending hundreds you should get something out of it IMO. I thought they were working to make returns more stable and I've seen some of the more unstable stuff ever lately.
I dont' know.... I hope it gets better for Trance and for us all. Thanks for posting and getting a discussion going.

I have all UL Gear from Armor - Gun - Fap, All eco'd out and proper hunting practices,,,

Trance...

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!

I hate this happens, and it will likly contiune to happen for a very long time, gl mate I dont know how to fix it...

If you are tired, take a few weeks off, and see what happens when you come back.... ;)

Uber loots dont come from nowhere you know.

I killed that maturity because I noticed they looted many MF chips and some nice guns (even Leonis (L) once in a while). The smaller ones only loot low TT MF chips that you have to use or TT (low TT + low MU = not worth auctioning).

Thank you! Answered to the point and very clear!

If you are tired, take a few weeks off, and see what happens when you come back.... ;)

Uber loots dont come from nowhere you know.

I just did a 14 day break, maybe not enough, coming back this week and did also a depo.

Last night, it was not too bad in hunt! did 2 nusul runs, each only 100 ped ammo, and got a little profit.
Mining was just bad like 60% with MU. Ok, cyclet only 150 peds probs, last night.

Let's see, how it will run, the next time. :)

Switch to Feffox and then back to Atrox. Might help fund your Atrox Silver mission some. :)

So im tired also, cant believe i read thru this entire thread, to just listen to people whine about loot returns. I agree 100% with all those that stated you need to do a log, this is essential. But on top of that, as also stated, you need to do bigger runs, 100ped is shit run, im not an uber, not even barely a mid ranged player, but dang, 400-500ped run? no wonder you are seeing a shit return for multiple runs in a row! thats horrible to scale your loot from! If your hunting prots, you need to be running them for about 2-5k ped, atleast. Id say more but thats what my runs usually are. Shoot i use a MKII mace tier 4.7 with IV amp, very eco, and fapper naked, so defensive costs are low. and i usually will run atleast 2 full maces, which is about 1650ped a run, plus 2hrs of fapping, fap cost depends on whos fapping me. I would like to see a log kept of everything, and see your 40-50% runs, i havent saw returns on a longer term, in a long time. And the only time i saw that when i was logging, was when i did 50 lvl 5 amps on hell, so approx 5kped probes. But, few months later, i hit a 27k hof, which payed up for all losses and brought me actually above 115%.

Yall are using way bigger equipment than me, and i can profit from prot hunts, you should be able to pass me up easy.

CYCLE PED!

snip

Yall are using way bigger equipment than me, and i can profit from prot hunts, you should be able to pass me up easy.

CYCLE PED!

I don't think you read closely enough, since I clearly said my runs are generally 2000 PED runs (not 100 or 300 or whatever you came up with). I have been logging my runs since this thread started, and my runs are still very bad. It's funny how I said my runs were very bad (around 50%, or less) and I was told I was wrong and I should log my exact runs. I have, and turns out I was right.

It's funny how you assume anyone who has better gear or skills should do better than you. Surely everyone here realized that this game is luck when it comes down to it?

OMG, just got a tower before :) 4700 ped zinc :yay:

OK, mining looks now more like 90%.

Seems your way of excessive whining paid off.
Looking forward to see you make plenty of posts and threads in which you explain how great this game is.

Hahaha....gratz....

(Maybe I should start whining too...)

Anyway, on topic, it seems that unless you hit multipliers (which depends on luck)....there's no way that you can reach close to the 90% return mark. The more multipliers you hit, the closer you get to it?

But as far as I go....I just choose how much i'm willing to spend for the day or week or month.....ration myself and........log out.

No headaches....no worries.....no tt returns to think about. Maybe you should consider that too...:scratch2:

Looking forward to see you make plenty of posts and threads in which you explain how great this game is.

And rave got an uber as well, guess whining does work :)

And rave got an uber as well, guess whining does work :)

I was never 'whining', merely stating that the last week had been pretty bad for my return. I've played this game for 11 years, I know I have good cycles and bad cycles. My current logs since this thread began have still been under the 90%. This uber was an anomaly on a big gamble mob.

I was jumped on in this thread for not having postable logs at the time because I generally scribble simplified numbers down on my notepad. If you look at all of my post history, I rarely ever complain or whine, I'm generally positive. And I've had far better success during those times lol.

However, I have taken some advice pointed out in this thread to heart. Always open to learn even after so many years.

Last edited:

At least it work! :laugh:

So im tired also, cant believe i read thru this entire thread, to just listen to people whine about loot returns. I agree 100% with all those that stated you need to do a log, this is essential. But on top of that, as also stated, you need to do bigger runs, 100ped is shit run, im not an uber, not even barely a mid ranged player, but dang, 400-500ped run? no wonder you are seeing a shit return for multiple runs in a row! thats horrible to scale your loot from! If your hunting prots, you need to be running them for about 2-5k ped, atleast. Id say more but thats what my runs usually are. Shoot i use a MKII mace tier 4.7 with IV amp, very eco, and fapper naked, so defensive costs are low. and i usually will run atleast 2 full maces, which is about 1650ped a run, plus 2hrs of fapping, fap cost depends on whos fapping me. I would like to see a log kept of everything, and see your 40-50% runs, i havent saw returns on a longer term, in a long time. And the only time i saw that when i was logging, was when i did 50 lvl 5 amps on hell, so approx 5kped probes. But, few months later, i hit a 27k hof, which payed up for all losses and brought me actually above 115%.

CYCLE PED!

I definitely agree that you have to do larger runs for hunting and likely mining. MA states there is no personal loot pool so you have to keep going until you balance out for that days hunting or mining. If you don't you lose peds.

That 27k ped tower you got was according to MA not due to you from all you burned up the few months before since there is no personal loot pool. Though it is possible you increased the ped stack for anyone to get lucky on with all you spent mining up to then.:cool:

At least it work! :laugh:

Yeah if everyone starts doing that, this game gets a lot of bad promotion because the newbies read the shit and whining you write and probably you are one of the reasons they leave within a week.

I have never had a tower yet! When am I ever going to get a tower?!?!?!?

See if that helps me get a tower sometime soon. :D

I was never 'whining', merely stating that the last week had been pretty bad for my return. I've played this game for 11 years, I know I have good cycles and bad cycles. My current logs since this thread began have still been under the 90%. This uber was an anomaly on a big gamble mob.

I was jumped on in this thread for not having postable logs at the time because I generally scribble simplified numbers down on my notepad. If you look at all of my post history, I rarely ever complain or whine, I'm generally positive. And I've had far better success during those times lol.

However, I have taken some advice pointed out in this thread to heart. Always open to learn even after so many years.

no worry, you can't say any thing negative, without getting to hear whining. But when same ppl are in same situation , they are the first we hear whine.

C'est la vie!

I meantioned in my first post, that this is not about whining. But it seems some ppl can't read, or get the hint.

ok time to close that thread. My plan 100% has work. Do a break, make a depo, and write a thread about bad loot, and you get a tower ..... hope you can see how this game works! JK:scratch2::laugh:

Yeah if everyone starts doing that, this game gets a lot of bad promotion because the newbies read the shit and whining you write and probably you are one of the reasons they leave within a week.

ahhhhhh comon SHY STOP !

Back