mr nice guy scammer

Status

fatal

Provider
recently i bought some deeds from mr.Barfy (not his real name)
mr.Barfy is well known in the entropia game as a honest and nice guy.
someone who would never scam you.
I bought the deeds from mr.Barfy after a conversation that they are bugged
but if a person were to bug planet partners enough they could get them working
maybe. seeing as mr.Barfy is such a well known and trusted menber of the communi
ty I bought the deeds for 5k us paying him 44000 k in ped owing him the 6 k in ped
which i would give him the next month this is august of 2014 i would pay him
in august I get a mail from support saying mr.Barfy was told that the deeds were no good
and he was told not to sell said deeds and that i should get my ped back from him.
mr.Barfy refuses to give ped back for his scam saying he was never told by ma that the deeds are bad and i am bullying him I owe him 6k ped still
of course this is the short get to the point story there were several emails support cases etc.
this brings 2 things to mind are your deeds safe? buying deeds in game still dont mean that there good
ma can take them from you when they want too.
2. who can you trust? mr.Barfy scammed me through and through yet he says he did nothing wrong.
one more thing you think i should pay him the ped I owe him?

I haven't yet heard of any 'bugged' deeds so it would be handy to know what type of deeds they were so no one else falls into this trap.

If all you say is correct I wouldn't be giving him another pec and if MA did indeed know the deeds were bugged and not to be sold they should have locked them to the avatar or removed them from the game.
Simply telling someone "now you be a good boy and don't sell these to anyone" is just not good enough and if he did go and sell them after being told not too then that should be grounds enough to have the transaction reversed.

Why would you buy deeds you knew were bugged?

recently i bought some deeds from mr.Barfy (not his real name)
mr.Barfy is well known in the entropia game as a honest and nice guy.
someone who would never scam you.
I bought the deeds from mr.Barfy after a conversation that they are bugged
but if a person were to bug planet partners enough they could get them working
maybe. seeing as mr.Barfy is such a well known and trusted menber of the communi
ty I bought the deeds for 5k us paying him 44000 k in ped owing him the 6 k in ped
which i would give him the next month this is august of 2014 i would pay him
in august I get a mail from support saying mr.Barfy was told that the deeds were no good
and he was told not to sell said deeds and that i should get my ped back from him.
mr.Barfy refuses to give ped back for his scam saying he was never told by ma that the deeds are bad and i am bullying him I owe him 6k ped still
of course this is the short get to the point story there were several emails support cases etc.
this brings 2 things to mind are your deeds safe? buying deeds in game still dont mean that there good
ma can take them from you when they want too.
2. who can you trust? mr.Barfy scammed me through and through yet he says he did nothing wrong.
one more thing you think i should pay him the ped I owe him?

It was really hard to read your post... to get the story straight:

You purchased some Deeds from an avatar for 50000K but put a down payment of 44000K and he gave you the deeds?
You then promised to give the remainder 6000K to him in September?
MA PM's you and tells you the deeds are "bad" and takes them away? What is wrong with the deeds? Were they stolen from another avatar or something or do they simply not pay out weekly dividends?

~Danimal

What is wrong with you? Seriously?

How did you find $5,000 when apparently someone could sell you magic beans if they but just ask.

I never heard of bugged deeds, but if the above quote is correct you dont have to worrie to much.

Last edited:
Pretty sure this thread refers to the NI LA deeds for the people that are wondering... Was a sales thread for them a while back where it was mentioned that they cannot be claimed/does not work currently and thus was sold on the cheap.

The trade should probably be reversed if you ask me, i dont know all the particulars of the trade though, would be good to hear the other side of the story.

Best regards
Zweshi

Last edited:
What is wrong with you? Seriously?

How did you find $5,000 when apparently someone could sell you magic beans if they but just ask.

Aio, lately it seems you always take the side of the scammer, and attribute the fault to the person in loss!
I hate to judge people based on a few forum posts, but its starting to look like you support the bad actions.:(

Note: Although after finding new evidence, I realize this was not a scam, I did see the sales thread.

Last edited:
Pretty sure this thread refers to the NI LA deeds for the people that are wondering... Was a sales thread for them a while back where it was mentioned that they cannot be claimed/does not work currently.

I think so too. And if I remember correctly the selling thread stated perfectly clear that those deeds were bugged.

I will report my own post after posting it so Serica can delete it later.

Here was my response this morning,

----------------------------------------------------------------------

My last support case,

Repeating a Lie does not make it true.

I believe that the way you have treated Fatal is wrong, however he has chosen to be aggressive with me, so I no longer wish to lobby for him.

This support case can be closed.

narfi

I felt bad for the way they treated you and would have fought for you as long as needed, but since you rejected that, I am done.

If the land had become valuable you would not have given me the difference from your purchase price.
Technically you still owe me 6k peds for the purchase of what we both know was a risky gamble for the future of Next Island.
You purchased a lottery ticket and it didn't win, so now you are trying to get your money back for the ticket.

My conscience is clear, I acted ethically and in good faith from the beginning to the end of this situation.

If you wish to take it elsewhere that is your concern now.
I am sorry it ended this way, but you have left me no other choice.

narfi

-----------------------------------------------------

edit: I'm not asking for the owed money, just pointing out the technicality of the situation.
I did(do) feel bad for the guy and the way MA has treated him, but not much motivation for me to help when he is threatening with slander and lawsuits etc...

Last edited:
bad deeds do exist..
want proof? buy my rt one for 20k ped :D

to clarify, i did get a replacement from nvd but still got the old one (can't access it to set permission to sell it

Fatal, I think its time for you to post screen shots of those support cases because right now it seems like you may have twisted things around a little bit here.

Pretty sure this thread refers to the NI LA deeds for the people that are wondering... Was a sales thread for them a while back where it was mentioned that they cannot be claimed/does not work currently and thus was sold on the cheap.

/mod note/
As narfi has self-identified as the seller, I can confirm the original text of the OP of his sales thread (later edited by him as items were sold) included:
[
][*]Next Island Land Area - 40,000 ped (bugged, can not claim or control)(support said contact the PP)
[*]Next Island Land Area - 35,000 ped (bugged, can not find, claim or control)(support said contact the PP)

Personally, I would suggest that buying any item with a known bug is an inherently high-risk trade.

In this particular situation, hoping that the Next Island planet partner will fix a bugged deed isn't a very realistic expectation, as it has been fairly obvious for some time that that planet's development has been abandoned.

While it's possible that - at some future point - another developer may step in to buy out the current PP and resume the project, or MindArk may take back the planet under some receivership resolution and fix bugged items, that's a highly speculative and long term proposition.

I think it would be very unlikely for MindArk Support to intervene to fix the PP's bugs in the meantime.

As far as this thread goes though - the seller appears to have been upfront about the state of the item, and the OP purchased it willingly, knowing that it was bugged, but hoping for a resolution that would presumably have increased the value of the item.

That's not what I would describe as a 'scam', but ultimately it's for MindArk/Support to make that call. In the interim, I'll put this down to a 'personal dispute' which needs to be resolved between the interested parties, and close the thread under rule 2.3.

:locked:

Status
Back