Thread: Bugged Deeds?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Jenna "Star" Mercury
    Society
    Dark Templar
    Images

Bugged Deeds?

I just read a thread about a guy who purchased some deeds that are bugged. From what I gathered on the thread, they were for Next Island. The thread was closed due to it being filed under the "personal dispute" rule. I have no interest in turning this into a personal dispute between the 2 players in question.

As I understand what happened:

Player A (buyer) & Player B (seller) meet
    Player B explained to Player A that some deeds (presumably Next Island) were currently bugged.
    Player A still bought the deeds.
    *You can say this wasn't very intelligent of Player A

Shortly after, Player B claimed that MA wouldn't ever unbug them and that Player A was told not to sell them due to this fact.
    Player A disputes the fact that he paid for worthless merchandise.
    Player B claims MA never told him not to sell the deeds.

There were some other side notes to this (full payment still not entirely made, request of rest of funds, denial of rest of funds), but this is just what I gathered from the posts.

If Player A's story is indeed true, MA should indeed render all non-functional area deeds unable to be traded and compensate Player A with either a reversal or PEDS. If Player B's story is indeed true, MA should STILL render all non-functional area deeds to be not traded and compensate BOTH players.

I think this is a huge error in how to solve a bug that is inside of the Entropia Universe. Next Island clearly doesn't give a shit anymore about promoting the game - I know that a company like MindArk wouldn't forget to include a clause about upkeep of Planet Partner's lands. They need a plan in place if they did forget and letting players who don't know any better just waste money on items that are bugged is something they should safeguard against.

I must add to this post, I don't know the details exactly and am going by what I gathered via another thread. If I'm way off base here, please let me know what I've overlooked. Thanks and keep our universe happy!

We walk in the shadows...
    Click the link to visit Stargazing.tv! http://www.twitch.tv/stargazing

Stalker
    Neil Greenleaf Stockton
    Images
    Well, I guess the first thing is MA should have taken over NI a long time ago and we wouldn't have this problem... but yes if deeds are bugged and going to remain bugged, the owners should be compensated.

It's not just NI... I understand that certain caly shops have been bugged for years... why are these allowed to remain without being fixed/compensated?

Super Moderator
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Harena Serica Turbinis
    Society
    Antipodean Army
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I agree that the real issue is not about this one trade per se, but about the status of the items themselves - which appear to be just one part of the whole issue of the ongoing development and future of the Next Island PP project.

Clarification of this underlying issue by either the PP or MindArk would lead to more certainty and stability for the player community. With the return of staff from summer breaks, it would be helpful if we could see more communication about this.
    Born in Entropia: 26Sept06... Skills Unlocked: MMS 16Nov06, RDA 16May07, Animal Taming 12Jul07, Serendipity 23Dec07, PC 25Apr08, ESL 10May08,
    CGA 23Dec08, MatExtrMeth 4Mar09, BPC 30Mar09, MDA 8Aug09, Extr 6Oct09, Coolness 17Apr10, Martial Arts 22Apr11, Medicine&Treatment 23Aug11,
    150HP 7Aug12, Wounding 27Mar13, C.Sense 12Aug13, Avoid 27Aug13

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Narfi Hungry Willem
    Society
    Lost Renegades
    Images
    'Personal disputes' aside, MA acted very unethically in this situation.

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
    Society
    Apocalyptic
    Images
    Just a note Serica, and I will make a note to stop championing it, this isn't a personal dispute at this point.

Someone sold deeds to Narfi and it was not approved or functional - problem #1, MA should have stepped in and took care of that. But they didnt.

Narfi knowing this sold them anyway (when he was told they weren't approved for sale) - problem #2 and illegal to the EULA. This is EXTREMELY suspect.

Fatal bought the deeds on the risk, which isn't smart - problem #3 (also illegal to the EULA because they weren't approved for sale).

The gentlemen's thing to do is for the trade to be reversed and Narfi compensated from the planet partner's violation. If you don't, this will backfire and I think Narfi's rep will be hurt the most.

Based on what I know and a copy of the support cases, there is a whole lot of shadyness, theft, and lack of business sense. I strongly suggest this get resolved appropriately before everyone gets tainted, quite possibly including those that wish to shut this up.

Marauder
    This member has helped support PlanetCalypsoForum in the past via donations.
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Max HardWrath Mayhem
    Society
    Freelancer
    Images
    How is it that a failing planet partner (Next Island) managed to create and then sell unauthorized Land Area deeds to players fully knowing that MindArk did not support them, would not allow them, and would not make them functional?

Furthermore.. why didnt MindArk step in much sooner and take these deeds?
    Player Register: Max HardWrath Mayhem

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sunsout Tacotuesday Gunsout
    Society
    Entropy
    Images
    MA is negligent here, in allowing those deeds to remain in game.

Their negligence can be somewhat rebutted if they in fact told Narfi NOT to sell them, (why they left them in game after that is beyond me), however we dont know exactly what was said yet, and by leaving them in game, they opened the door for worthless items to be sold under the guise of "maybe someday being worth something".

Yes the risk is on buyer, but if affirmative statements were made by MA regarding these deeds being unsellable, worthless, and forever unusable, and MA still allowed those items to remain in game, then for them to escape culpability because the sale of said deeds occurred "outside of game and therefore all trades are final" is wrong. It is akin to knowing money is counterfeit, and giving it away. There is no reason whatsoever those deeds should have been in game the second after Narfi or anyone else notified them of such.

If MA and anyone else knew that these were NOT sellable, worth anything, and would not ever be, then there is a very high likelihood that this will become a very, very large fiasco...

Reason
    changing the text color doesnt stop it being a duplicate post

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Zweshi Xavier Maccoy
    Society
    Global Alliance
    Images
    Anyone have any info on when and how these deeds were issued? cant remember NI ever holding a auction for them.
    A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery while on a detour. ~Author Unknown

Twitter: @Zweshi

Super Moderator
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Harena Serica Turbinis
    Society
    Antipodean Army
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunsout Gunsout View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    MA is negligent here, in allowing those deeds to remain in game.

Their negligence can be somewhat rebutted if they in fact told Narfi NOT to sell them, (why they left them in game after that is beyond me), however we dont know exactly what was said yet, and by leaving them in game, they opened the door for worthless items to be sold under the guise of "maybe someday being worth something".

Yes the risk is on buyer, but if affirmative statements were made by MA regarding these deeds being unsellable, worthless, and forever unusable, and MA still allowed those items to remain in game, then for them to escape culpability because the sale of said deeds occurred "outside of game and therefore all trades are final" is wrong. It is akin to knowing money is counterfeit, and giving it away. There is no reason whatsoever those deeds should have been in game the second after Narfi or anyone else notified them of such.

If MA and anyone else knew that these were NOT sellable, worth anything, and would not ever be, then there is a very high likelihood that this will become a very, very large fiasco...
    People have collected all sorts of things ingame that have no current use in the hope of them "maybe someday being worth something". Old hangar parts, current hangar deeds, just to name a couple.

But the thought that crossed my mind on reading this was about some similarities with The Egg.

At the time it was looted (2005?), there was no suggestion that it was more than a pretty 'trophy'.
    Neverdie paid a large premium for it in the hope of it "maybe someday being worth something".
    It was speculated about for years on forums that MA might create a further event from it, although they were under no obligation to do so. Finally Neverdie sold it via public auction to Deathifier for an even huger premium.
    And in the end (given that the Feffox DNA remains unused, and Calypso PP have created huge untaxed spawns of all maturities), probably not worth the price paid.

I don't recall that anyone has ever suggested that the sale of the Egg in either instance was a scam or that MA should have prevented it though.
    Born in Entropia: 26Sept06... Skills Unlocked: MMS 16Nov06, RDA 16May07, Animal Taming 12Jul07, Serendipity 23Dec07, PC 25Apr08, ESL 10May08,
    CGA 23Dec08, MatExtrMeth 4Mar09, BPC 30Mar09, MDA 8Aug09, Extr 6Oct09, Coolness 17Apr10, Martial Arts 22Apr11, Medicine&Treatment 23Aug11,
    150HP 7Aug12, Wounding 27Mar13, C.Sense 12Aug13, Avoid 27Aug13

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Narfi Hungry Willem
    Society
    Lost Renegades
    Images
    The main difference is that MA never removed the egg from the owners inventory without his permission.

.......or wait..... didn't they?

Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11 ... LastLast