CLD and ComPet Deeds bugged

OZtwo

Stalker
Society
Vikings Of Entropia
Kent OZtwo OpaloMan
MindArk one question needs to be answered here:

If you find that your ComPet project and CLD project will never take off and in turn they are bugged will you take them out of our inventory without any notice?

Edit: for the new users CLDs are more or less just like the current ComPet Deed project were MA asked for us to buy the CLDs so we could get small land areas on Calypso. Of course this project never took off and yet they are now wanting us to buy the ComPet Deeds all the while taking away another land area deed from a good player who didn't do anything wrong since he had the Deed in his inventory and with this being a RCE game, he had every right to sale it. Yes, it was known that the deeds were bugged..but since NI is still here there (yes, I will still say 'THERE') is hope that some day they will get around to fixing the bugs.

Last edited:
I think the reason the CLD project wasn't finished has more to do with the percentage of active players owning deeds. It's likely 'now' that 90% of deeds, are probably owned by 100 players. Let's also be realistic the main reason for owning the deeds was revenue income, with the other stuff a nice plus. Like it or not that was the facts.

Let's not forget MA indicated that players who don't own any deeds, would be able to use the voting system if this comes on line. That suggests to me, that MA's idea of every player owning say 6 -10 deeds didn't work out as planned.

Also what's to say you would have to give up your right to income if opting for small plot to build your house, that was never made clear, despite me seeking clarity on the subject more than once prior to sale.

Also after $6m of sold deeds, you would expect the community to have at least tripled in size, I don't see that do you? So the justification to continue with the project is falling fast in my book.

What we could do is attempt to kill off the community even more, so that your CLD's are worthless or might be selling for 20 ped each if lucky, but that's not going to help anyone is it.

It would seem sensible that AUD deeds and Compet deeds would transfer to those entities if the worst thing ever happened and the game split for some reason. Although the likelihood of MA taking deeds from inventory is extremely unlikely unless they decided to buy them all back at market rates (not that they have the money to do so).

Let's try and support the damn place, before we all lose our damn deed investments, what ever deeds we own

Rick

It's ridiculous to try to draw some sort of line between the current issue concerning two Next Island Land Deeds - which the PP created for promotional events but were never approved by MindArk for use as a tradeable asset within the game - with CLDs and CPDs which have been explicitly released by MindArk through official game channels.

Also what's to say you would have to give up your right to income if opting for small plot to build your house, that was never made clear, despite me seeking clarity on the subject more than once prior to sale.

It was made clear. You would still get income from the deeds after claiming a 3x3 (9 deeds) plot for your house.
its in here somewhere and I know I read it.

<removed by OP>

Last edited:
I see nothing in this thread that is substantiated at all by fact. Just a bunch of garbage theories about who owns the CLD, and nonsense correlations between CLD, Compet, Next Island, and god only knows what else.

This thread belongs in the conspiracy section, not in Dev's corner.

Well I own some CLD, and yes I am happy with getting the income regularly.

If MA once decides to give me some land, to build a house on it, well I will be even more happy.

Beside that Thread title is very missleading! CLD deeds bugged, don´t think so, still get my weakly revenue.
Com Pet Deeds bugged, can´t say anything about it, because I don´t own any of them.

Arkadia Underground Deeds not bugged aswell, got some of them, too.

So where is the problem? Its this NI deeds! Why discuss this at Calypso forum?
Its an NI issue, PP should fix that and if PP needs help from MA to fix it, its their responsibility to contact MA.

@Spawn:
You are right, that was original MA statement about the CLDs, but to be honest, how should that work?
What happens if CLD owner who got some land for his shares, decides to sell this CLDs to another player?
Does change of CLD owner also change area/house ownership?
What if I sell only a part, so that I got less CLDs to keep the area, but the buyer don´t get enough deeds to have right of ownership?
Example: A owns 9 deeds, got his area and builds his house. Then he sells 5 deeds to B who got 0 deeds so far, none of the 2 players could own the 3x3 area for 9 deeds.

Thats a difficult problem, MA maybe didn´t think about when CLDs where introduced and advertised. Maybe they noticed later that there is room for serious bugs, and decided to delay that feature, maybe cancel it totally. I wouldn´t be surprised!

Anyway the revenue thing works fine, and thats more important for most investors than a tiny area to build a house :)

An easy solution to that would be that 9 clds are converted to one claimed area deed or whatever the heck it should be called specific to that plot of land. The claimed area deed or whatever you want to call it gives you rights to that plot of ground and whatever rights come with it as well as cld revenue for the 9 consumed deeds.

Well that would work :D + REP

It's ridiculous to try to draw some sort of line between the current issue concerning two Next Island Land Deeds - which the PP created for promotional events but were never approved by MindArk for use as a tradeable asset within the game - with CLDs and CPDs which have been explicitly released by MindArk through official game channels.

Some participants may find it unnerving that MA can now remove items from your inventory if they are deemed to be bugged or not functional.

Amount of deeds per ava should not make any difference. It is probably a designated zone where ALL the deed plots would be located - probably not a LA/money maker area/hunting/mining anyway, just a residential "city-type" zone.

So if someone owns a city block (or 10) - it should make no difference to the game economy - instead it'd be just "uberness" for stating: "I own that footpath and that bench".

But that is what I am assuming......:wise:

Back