Server Maintenance:

Damn, yall...I was just trying to troll a few people in a lame thread cuz I was bored at work. I thought I would get someone to say "OMG, WTF, why are they moving all the Caly mobs around???"

It didn't work...you are all too smart...and some are certainly very fucking serious when it comes to server maintenance threads, apparently. :p

I knew that's a "Taco's iffy" :laugh:

Yay, you are gonna fix the friend requests!
It's too early for that!!! Have only passed 5 months yet! :laugh:

Yeah mr Official who is using numerous UN-Official avatars (may be thinking we cant figure out who he is).

entropia_2014-03-19_ulfur.jpg

Well, it could be a good idea to fix all the bugs in the new interface,
or you planned to leave all of them for a full year ? (nothing new).

Nah, there surely wouldnt be 'just' a server update with the devs not even having the tiniest little bugfix to highlight for their loyal players when they even care to highlight compet previews all the time ;)

What else to say, Excellent !

So everybody's here?

Well i see Prophet is a bit late, but i'm sure he'll join us shortly with the full disclosure of the globa... er, universum-wide conspiracy called "Turpgate" (something about a foul attempt to make the turps fly without sounding the airstrike alarm 2 weeks beforehand)

In a word, business as usual! ;)

Here come borum male capsule :laugh:

Since it is a server maintenance only we can only hope that they dont mess up anything in there... :laugh:
(MA is experts in messing up things that they didnt update).

Well then I would say the management prioritizing features over bug fixes are incompetent and should be fired immediately.. if that is the case.

Sometimes it works like this:
Market department is visiting a customer/client, and if they accept it will be a large sale with multiple licenses as well as several "hours" of implementation Consulting. Though, when they talk to the client, they mention "it's a pity your system doesn't have feature <x>, if it did then we'd sign the contract tomorrow". Marketing people then says, "oh, of course our system has feature <x>, it's not fully implemented yet but it will be in the next release, the one we will install at your site".
Customer signs the order... and the developers gets a new direction: "Stop any non-crucial fiddling immediately. We need need feature <x> implemented immediately, our marketing department needs to know: can you do it in 4 or 8 weeks?"

Another thing is that the lost friend request probably is the way the system is designed. To sum it up, I Think the problem is that when they redesigned hte messaging center, they had two forks of the friend request. One that is a message, goes into message center system and is supposed to be handed there. Then the other "data fork" where the friend request goes into the database to keep track on at a lower level if a friend request is sent. However, there is no UI to handle the problem if the friend request is deleted in messaging system but is still stored in the database. In a way it's no bug, bur rather a missing system. To solve this, maybe the new friend request system needs to be somewhat redesigned - maybe adding a UI to the database fork of the friend request, to list all pending friend requests, and to delete (and possibly accept them).

If the solution is to add a UI to the "friend request database", then probably an update of the client is needed. A workaround wouldn't need a server-down: One half-dirrt way to solve this could be to run a program on the servers that automatically removes pending friend requests after say 2 weeks.

Jesus this got fucking serious ^^

Someone post something funny...

Finally, this thread is back on topic! ^^ Thank you all :)

Back