Server Maintenance:

Yay, you are gonna fix the friend requests!

Very cool...I didn't know that was on the list. That's quite a release they have planned tonight then...CryEngine 3 with the 3 new planets and 1 new SS, 2 of which are strictly taming, 70 levels of fishing available, and completely moving all the mobs around on Caly...this should be a good update.

Was surprised to not see many responses on their main VU notes thread. I did get a response from them though, about the rail system in space...should be interesting.

I don't know what to think about the universal auction, and the reduction of auction fees...I think it might cause some problems, but not as much as them stating they were removing pyrite, that part sux :( Not sure why they want to do that...

Anyhow, I think overall it will be good. But at 1.2 TB, this download will take like over an hour!

It's too early for that!!! Have only passed 5 months yet! :laugh:

Then it surely must be participant content fix and compensations :D
Or space mob pathing / readjustment/alignment of spacecraft interior ;)
fix of warp animation display / ship damage effects on spacecraft interior server ?
fix of radar display / invisable avatars ?
or maybe there will be an update to the 2014 roadmap mentioning that space has been forgotten and will be considered to be included in the 2020 roadmap again to keep the timelines in sync with taming ;)

Or.... maybe y'all need to learn how to read and realize this is purely server maintenance, not an update?

Or.... maybe y'all need to learn how to read and realize this is purely server maintenance, not an update?

Nah, there surely wouldnt be 'just' a server update with the devs not even having the tiniest little bugfix to highlight for their loyal players when they even care to highlight compet previews all the time ;)

Very cool...I didn't know that was on the list. That's quite a release they have planned tonight then...CryEngine 3 with the 3 new planets and 1 new SS, 2 of which are strictly taming, 70 levels of fishing available, and completely moving all the mobs around on Caly...this should be a good update.

Was surprised to not see many responses on their main VU notes thread. I did get a response from them though, about the rail system in space...should be interesting.

I don't know what to think about the universal auction, and the reduction of auction fees...I think it might cause some problems, but not as much as them stating they were removing pyrite, that part sux :( Not sure why they want to do that...

Anyhow, I think overall it will be good. But at 1.2 TB, this download will take like over an hour!

Where did you read all these? :scratch2:

Last edited:
That's one of the problems with this community as a whole, isn't it?

Doesn't matter if its said with a "twinkle" in the eye or a semicolon smileyface, but the community is never satisfied, its the whole mentality of:

Oh sure, tons of players are complaining about lag issues and whatnot,
MA is doing server maintenance in hope to stabilize the hardware to work with the problem

Is that enough? No, let's start jamming EVERYTHING thats wrong with the world down their throats and make them get minidick complex for not doing enough each and every time they do anything!

Frankly, it sickens me, as a person that works within IT I too have felt the wrath of idiocy hanging over my shoulder criticizing every move, yet not being able to show any grattitude when something is going in the right direction.

Give them some slack, would you? The sarcastic humor for sure isn't helping, it's not sarcasm for the devs involved despite how much you mean it to be, sure i'm taking MA Dev's side on this one (because they have other things to do than reply on forum threads) because as I said, I'm a dev and I can put myself in their shoes.

If you want to bash someone, bash me for this response as I don't give a flying turpturd anyway, and even if I did, atleast my disgruntledness wouldn't surface as a "woops"-moment inside the Entropia Universe in some code snippet that a Dev neglected to check all angles on because he was pissed off at a forum thread (Theorizing away into lala land a little here, but you get my drift).

Peace.

// Exo

Nah, there surely wouldnt be 'just' a server update with the devs not even having the tiniest little bugfix to highlight for their loyal players when they even care to highlight compet previews all the time ;)

It must be said that server stability and performance are much better since they started feeding the hamsters on a weekly basis.

There is still some lag now and then. here and there, but even the Laggiest Server in the Universe is now more or less playable, especially in (European) morning hours.

Thanks, and keep it up! :)

Last edited:
A corporation can and must have a - public relation administration office - or at least a person to do that, knowing as "Communication with customers"!
Isn't big deal!!!
In my country there is an unwritten "commercial" law (or proverb) who says
- > "customer has always right!"
so ppl in here can have every right to "demand" for answers and communication from devs!

A corporation can and must have a - public relation administration office - or at least a person to do that, knowing as "Communication with customers"!
Isn't big deal!!!
In my country there is an unwritten "commercial" law (or proverb) who says
- > "customer has always right!"

Sadly, that's what sales people say, ask anyone working in IT how often the customer is right, if you know any people in that sector, if not, let me enlighten you:

The customer is always right, unless he disagrees with the technical person.

Sadly, that's what sales people say, ask anyone working in IT how often the customer is right, if you know any people in that sector, if not, let me enlighten you:

The customer is always right, unless he disagrees with the technical person.

I have been working in IT myself for quite some years as a programmer, developer, project manager and later on defining customer needs towards IT personal - its not hard to create and maintain a list of bugs, prioritize them and assign some developer hours once in awhile on their solution.
Even the tiniest bugfixes with a minimum of developer time involved do give the customers a feeling of progress and that their feedback is being worked on.
I wouldnt mind if Mindark sold bugfix tokens to allow us supporting special developer ressources were they are needed and giving us some untradeable ingame rewards via a token trader.
They need to start realizing that an mmog community is a 24/7 project and requires visible progress and feedback more often then just once in a blue moon.

That's one of the problems with this community as a whole, isn't it?

Doesn't matter if its said with a "twinkle" in the eye or a semicolon smileyface, but the community is never satisfied, its the whole mentality of:

Oh sure, tons of players are complaining about lag issues and whatnot,
MA is doing server maintenance in hope to stabilize the hardware to work with the problem

Is that enough? No, let's start jamming EVERYTHING thats wrong with the world down their throats and make them get minidick complex for not doing enough each and every time they do anything!

Frankly, it sickens me, as a person that works within IT I too have felt the wrath of idiocy hanging over my shoulder criticizing every move, yet not being able to show any grattitude when something is going in the right direction.

Give them some slack, would you? The sarcastic humor for sure isn't helping, it's not sarcasm for the devs involved despite how much you mean it to be, sure i'm taking MA Dev's side on this one (because they have other things to do than reply on forum threads) because as I said, I'm a dev and I can put myself in their shoes.

If you want to bash someone, bash me for this response as I don't give a flying turpturd anyway, and even if I did, atleast my disgruntledness wouldn't surface as a "woops"-moment inside the Entropia Universe in some code snippet that a Dev neglected to check all angles on because he was pissed off at a forum thread (Theorizing away into lala land a little here, but you get my drift).

Peace.

// Exo

Well said +rep

You forgot about the MindForce Amps as well as the new tutorials including the one that gives a detailed lesson to people on how to take a joke!

Finaly i didnt crush since last update.

Tomorow they gona fix that i bet!:wise:

I guess you missed the sarcasm classes

As a IT guy, what happpens to you, when you implement a new feature that makes something else not work?
Your client complains!
And if 5 months later its still not fixed, your client( or boss) will fire you.

I think that people here craking a few jokes, is actually taking things lightly

Last edited:
Feature works as intended. You just have no friends.

I guess you missed the sarcasm classes

As a IT guy, what happpens to you, when you implement a new feature that makes something else not work?
Your client complains!
And if 5 months later its still not fixed, your client( or boss) will fire you.

I think that people here craking a few jokes, is actually taking things lightly

Abundantly clear you are neither an IT-guy nor have ever been involved in bigger developmentprojects,

The reason said things remain broken are not because devs dont fix them, but because management prioritizes something else (in the majority of cases), so the "small thing" that may take a dev a day or week or whatever to fix, remains undone because of someone telling the dev to do something else.

You can hate on me all you want, but that won't change the facts that the dev-bashing going on on these forums (in "humour" and "jokes", ha, ha, very funny jokes? not really if you had empathy and insight) is unacceptable.

Reactions: Zap
Well then I would say the management prioritizing features over bug fixes are incompetent and should be fired immediately.. if that is the case.

(i am an IT manager)

And please stay above the line.. let's avoid a server maintenance thread from being a shit throwing thread. It is very unbecoming for a game community if they wish to grow and expand.

Well then I would say the management prioritizing features over bug fixes are incompetent and should be fired immediately.. if that is the case.

(i am an IT manager)

And please stay above the line.. let's avoid a server maintenance thread from being a shit throwing thread. It is very unbecoming for a game community if they wish to grow and expand.

I agree, and grow + expand is what I wish for this place

(i am an IT manager)

Damn, yall...I was just trying to troll a few people in a lame thread cuz I was bored at work. I thought I would get someone to say "OMG, WTF, why are they moving all the Caly mobs around???"

It didn't work...you are all too smart...and some are certainly very fucking serious when it comes to server maintenance threads, apparently. :p

Well you quoted me and then said your comment but my above the line statement wasn't directed towards you.

Abundantly clear you are neither an IT-guy nor have ever been involved in bigger developmentprojects,

The reason said things remain broken are not because devs dont fix them, but because management prioritizes something else (in the majority of cases), so the "small thing" that may take a dev a day or week or whatever to fix, remains undone because of someone telling the dev to do something else.

You can hate on me all you want, but that won't change the facts that the dev-bashing going on on these forums (in "humour" and "jokes", ha, ha, very funny jokes? not really if you had empathy and insight) is unacceptable.

Off course I dont hate you! You actually have a point.
But as a client I want "my" problems fixed.
When I cant get something done for my clients in a timely manner, I subcontract someone o can, and hold them liable.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

No i cant stop laughing.. Thanks for the laugh. PCF might soon become my favourite sitcom go to place

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

That's why ducks don't fly upside down... Then they would quack up! :yup:

Back