Help: videocard issue

S4400Salvation

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Shaman 4400 Salvation
Greetings, looking for some help to get the client loader to recognize my videocard.

Got a new card ASUS R7 250X Series but the loader has this error : The Client Loader was unable to detect the performance of your graphics card.

The videocard should be sufficient enough to run EU, any idea what to do in this situation?

Link to the specs of the card below.

http://www.game-debate.com/hardware/?gid=2046&graphics=Radeon R7 250X Asus 2GB Edition

Cheers,

This could be a hard one, if you haven't created a support ticket you should do right now.

I will try to investigate this a bit too.

This could be a hard one, if you haven't created a support ticket you should do right now.

I will try to investigate this a bit too.

Yup created a support too, cheers for the help.

Getting this error if i force start the game.
Anyone know if i should uninstall/reinstall something?

d3d_error.jpg

d3d_error.jpg

Possibly reinstall DirectX? :scratch2:

Try running the DirectX diagnostic tests too.

Go into the installation folder:

Entropia Universe\redist\

and install both things.

Possibly reinstall DirectX? :scratch2:

Try running the DirectX diagnostic tests too.

Yeah reinstalled directx but same prob and after running the diagnostic test it says i have dx11 on the system working good.

Go into the installation folder:

Entropia Universe\redist\

and install both things.

Uninstalled and reinstalled vcredist_x64.exe and vcredist_x86.exe but didn't solve it sadly.

I read in other similar threads that Entropia uses DirectX 9 and that installing files related to that could cure problems?

Presume you've tried updating your graphic drivers already.

I read in other similar threads that Entropia uses DirectX 9 and that installing files related to that could cure problems?

Presume you've tried updating your graphic drivers already.

Yeah installed dxwebsetup (directx9.0c), had C++ 2010 and 2012 after entropia installed, Added 2005 and 2008, reinstalled .NET framework 4.0 added 4.5, graphics card up to date still no luck.

Says on the Entropia website that the requirement for the game to run is directx 9.0c or any higher.

Dxdiag says i got dx11 on system.

Last edited:
1. return video card

2. enable safe mode

3. buy more probes

d3d_error.jpg

Two are the scenarios for this msg.

1. if you don't see your graphic adapter with the right brand name in -> control panel -> system -> devices
that message mean you aren't installed correctly. Download the correct drivers for it.

2. if you see the right one in windows "devices", that mean EU doesn't support this graphic adapter. You need MA to make a "fix" for this adapter or in worse scenario, you need to buy another one. Make sure it is an appropriate.
Important.
You don't need to reinstall DirectX if you already used the installation CD of the graphic card. It is in there and it is installed together with the drivers.
Anyway, this msg doesn't have any related issue with DirectX installation! it is driver/bad card issue.

Last edited:
Two are the scenarios for this msg.

1. if you don't see your graphic adapter with the right brand name in -> control panel -> system -> devices
that message mean you aren't installed correctly. Download the correct drivers for it.

2. if you see the right one in windows "devices", that mean EU doesn't support this graphic adapter. You need MA to make a "fix" for this adapter or in worse scenario, you need to buy another one. Make sure it is an appropriate.
Important.
You don't need to reinstall DirectX if you already used the installation CD of the graphic card. It is in there and it is installed together with the drivers.
Anyway, this msg doesn't have any related issue with DirectX installation! it is driver/bad card issue.

Thanks for the reply, the graphics card is found in the control panel, did run a dxdiag again and noticed that several things aren't working.

dxdiag.jpg

So it seems i need to get the system to regocnize DirectDraw, Direct3D, AGP,
but having dx11 on system how would i fix that?

Thanks for the reply, the graphics card is found in the control panel, did run a dxdiag again and noticed that several things aren't working.

dxdiag.jpg

So it seems i need to get the system to regocnize DirectDraw, Direct3D, AGP,
but having dx11 on system how would i fix that?

Install new catalyst. You are using old driver.
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

You have 2 monitors? if so are both connected to one videocard? (or one for example to onboard gpu)

Install new catalyst. You are using old driver.
http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

You have 2 monitors? if so are both connected to one videocard? (or one for example to onboard gpu)

Cheers, uninstalling current catalyst and reinstalling it from the link above.

I have 1 monitor and a tv though hdmi connected with the videocard.

Salvation!

Thanks all for the support, after reinstalling catalyst the system regocnizes the game and all direct3d features in dxdiag.

I had a similar problem when building my dad's pc and installing Direct x 9 cured the problem

I once had EU refusing to recognize a new Asus card... until I installed back old Nvidia drivers which I had already removed.

I know this sounds weird but that's exactly what happened.

To avoid any misunderstandings

This message always refer to drivers! not to directX

our friend re-installed the drivers (catalyst included) and problem solved.

Salvation!

Thanks all for the support, after reinstalling catalyst the system regocnizes the game and all direct3d features in dxdiag.

Wait... you installed the correct drivers and now it works.. how strange :)

less chuffing me thinks buddy :)

or more.

lesson #1
never use the cd's drivers that came along with new hardware, they are Always outdated.

To avoid any misunderstandings

This message always refer to drivers! not to directX

our friend re-installed the drivers (catalyst included) and problem solved.

Yup that solved the issue.

Wait... you installed the correct drivers and now it works.. how strange

less chuffing me thinks buddy

or more.

I do like my weed ;).

lesson #1
never use the cd's drivers that came along with new hardware, they are Always outdated.

So very true.

how is performens with that card? just wondering.

Back