Playing since 2005 and I am searching for first 4 digit Hof

Cool_Fire

Provider
Society
Advantage
Harmless CoolFire Handyman
DID IT!!! 8.31.15

Need some help here. I am considering depositing 500 USD with the goal of finally hitting my first Hof over 1000 ped. Have had some extended breaks since starting in 2005 but never had a great loot.
What activity do you think would give me the best shot at hitting it.

1. Hunting - Frean D Delta, tier V with Beast, gremlin/ghost mix, fap 80 (most dps setup I own, but have a variety of L weapons as well)

2. Mining - F105

3. Crafting - have not unlocked BPC yet

If you have an opinion on one of the options then please also share other info on that option.

Example: I am considering Crystal Palace and burning the whole 500 on hunting Aurli, have visited but never hunted there

or maybe spend it all on crafting materials for mining amps, or something and crafting it all in one run

or buying some amps and running FOMA till it is all gone

So what do you think would be the best activity, and how or where should I do that activity to have the best chance at a 1k or better loot?

thanks for reading.. Cool Fire

Last edited:
What is your current skill level for BLP pistoleer?

Also, what is your current Evade professional level?

Last edited:
What is your current skill level for BLP pistoleer?

Also, what is your current Evade professional level?

BLP pistoleer 31, laser 33
blp sniper 38, laser 41

evade 19

Not logged in to check but believe health is at 138. Back in the day I graduated my first discipleship using an axe so strength is probably a bit out of line with all other skill averages.

Last edited:
blp sniper 38, laser 41

evade 19

You won't be able to kill Aurlis. You'll throw away alot of money and probably end up rage quitting. I know getting a four digit HOF is nice, but not at the expense of wasting a considerable amount of PEDs. My advice is to hunt at your level and not chase a HOF. Consider completing some Iron missions and building your skills. Chasing an HOF will usually end in alot of disappointment.

blp sniper 38, laser 41

evade 19

without talking about economy of your setup ... dont hunt the uber.
Upload your skills to entproedia and check your dps on guns you have maxed.
Assasin R150 seems to be one you can do most damage
You might survive in dome 1 with the right armour, but it would really be no fun because your evader is still a bit low and you would get hit all the time.

But dont hunt the uber...if you really want one, gamble on crafting amps, 500 USD should be enough to maybe give you one, but even there there is absolutely no guarantee .
Have fun, hunt reasonably and the uber will come to you one day.
It will not compensate your losses, but if you make the money last longer you have way better chances, get more skills and have more fun.

blp sniper 38, laser 41

evade 19

A lot has changed in EU...

The damage per pec that you will be doing with that Frean is around 2.4 or 2.5 and back in 2005 that was ok but these days its not. Loot is balanced differently now... you need to be hunting with at least 2.8xx damage per pec and 2.9xx or higher is ideal.

If you want to continue skilling on BLP Pistoleer, you can find a King Kong Snubnose for around the 4K ped range. Its very short range so use (L) rifle/carbine to tag and predamage.

Based on your overall skill level, Aurli are too big for you and as a result, you will have very high defensive costs. Because of that, long term, your hunting losses will be large.

As a general guideline, you should limit your hunting to mobs that have a level at or under your evader professional level. That way, your avatar will evade a large portion of the hits and your defensive costs will be much lower.

Maffiod, Feffiod, Atrox, small Rextelum, small Feffox, Ambulimax are mobs that come to mind.

I'm in the same boat as you are. Swordman Hit/ Dmg: 39/ 37; Evader ~22; my most resent unlock is Medicine. Also never gotten an Über. It's oke, I rather have a steady return of ~96% I got now then lootswings with an Über every second month.
Also, chasing anything might only lead to dissappointment when you (finally) have it then don't expecting it and let it come as a total suprise.

I do understand how you feel at times. It can be disheartening to see post like "Yeah! After 2.5 years of playing I finally got my first good loot: 13302 Aurli! Whoohoohoot!" Those people are the big spenders, and unless I am mistaken, you and I both are not.

Have fun on the road! :)

Its not so much about spending as it is loot turnover. Granted, because of loot swings, a larger bankroll significantly helps maintain a high daily turnover level. For example, I'm in about a 3.5K ped into downswing and to some people that's a drop in the bucket. Grind on mobs that are within your skill range but most importantly, focus on mobs that are within your bankroll range.

You have to do both

Reactions: das
I was in a 7k downswing and it got corrected in one fell swoop. Play in +EV and you will win long term.

Grind on mobs that are within your skill range but most importantly, focus on mobs that are within your bankroll range.

You have to do both

There is more too it then that, a few points are:

1. Be as economical as possible in terms of balancing damage per pec and damage per second. Try not to sacrifice one for the other.
2. Minimize defensive costs... this is critically important.
3. Hunt things that loot items with markup value

Years ago when I was around the level, I generally stuck to Atrox and did pretty well. My EL account doesn't show it (because EL started recording just a few years back), but I'm fairly certain I got several 1xxx loots off Atrox young - old. You are also much better off NOT using that Frean, or any UL/non-SIB weapon, because you aren't nearly skilled enough. Something like an Emik T10 or L2 would be a decent UL weapon for you. But those cost well above the 500 USD mark you mentioned. You may want to stick to using (L) weapons that you have maxed (for economical reasons).

As I said, the Atrox were always my go-to mob at your level, and even now when the big mobs aren't hitting much. Start the Atrox mission and go at 'em. At some point you'll probably find that 1xxx.

You can consider indoor mining (FOMA/Hell/Ark Underground). With some persistence and luck, you're bound to uber. Problem is, loot is dynamic. I've had stretches of runs go days/weeks of losses, and then finally, boom. $500USD is a lot, and if you target high MU ores/enmatter, it should stretch quite a ways.

Years ago when I was around the level, I generally stuck to Atrox and did pretty well. My EL account doesn't show it (because EL started recording just a few years back), but I'm fairly certain I got several 1xxx loots off Atrox young - old. You are also much better off NOT using that Frean, or any UL/non-SIB weapon, because you aren't nearly skilled enough. Something like an Emik T10 or L2 would be a decent UL weapon for you. But those cost well above the 500 USD mark you mentioned. You may want to stick to using (L) weapons that you have maxed (for economical reasons).

As I said, the Atrox were always my go-to mob at your level, and even now when the big mobs aren't hitting much. Start the Atrox mission and go at 'em. At some point you'll probably find that 1xxx.

About a year ago now Atrox's aren't in the list of MoB's with big returns/loot (maybe some rare item only).
Instead, Mulmun's are and you can grind hopping for a "BIG" one.
But, if your monthly recycling of PED's is limited don't have many hopes even with 'em.

tip: a couple of crafting runs (1000 clicks or more) with full condition on a good BP might give ya your 4 digits!

Last edited:
I hit my first four-digit (1555 PED gazzurdite) with an unamped F-101 on June 12, 2014 after 1 year, 0 months and 2 days of playing. The total amount cycled up to that point was 40+ kPED, however.

It's possible in unamped mining (since then, I've had another one), you just need to drop a lot. :) It's of course a slow and sometimes a bit boring way of going for it, but on the plus side unamped mining is sure profit if done right.

1. Use maxed L weapons.
2. Dont hunt mobs with higher level than u evade/dodge
3. Dont hunt the Uber loot, it will make u lose big in 99% of all cases.

Hmm well if you hunt Aurli with that setup this could cause some frustration, because with your setup you would have huge costs and you might not even get your uber at all. You could be luckty, though it is a gamble. Some points about your hunting setup:

1 . -Weapons
With that gun / you will get a dpp of ~2.480 without counting enhancer Markup @ ~ 56dps fully enhanced with dmg enhancers
While dpswise not so bad the costs for using it are quite considerable. Each mob will cost you around 7.54 PED in off costs alone ad will take approx. 33 secs to kill. That is a lot of time to hit you / get swarmed. The Fap is on the lower side and you will die quite often from crits ( I also assume you have not that much hp maybe around 120 considering your profession levels ). Do not forget at level 19 Evader Aurli hit you almost all the time.
Take a Herman ASI-24(L) or something in that range and you will get somewhat lower dps ( will become the same on similiar tiers equipped with enhancers ). Just for comparison of the effect, you will save roughly 1 PED per mob and even more if you can't shoot non-stop there the effect will be even more

2. FAP
Your fap is a huge PED sink. I suggest either to use (L) or hire a fapper if you want to go big. Adj Fapper are quite cheap, Maybe a Adj MAyhem Fapper for decay or something like that. A good alternative is to get a few dozen Fanoos (V1), give them to newbies and let them heal you ( a couple of them ).

3. Mob selection
At that level i suggest different mobs, go for the ones mentioned by HardWrath or scout for smaller ones. If you want to go for Aurli, better team up with one or two Socmates with similiar setups ( as suggested above ). And take care defensive cost by hiring a fapper, but still this is a big gamble.

In general i suggest building up skills first on medium mobs either with (L) gear or get some UL SIB gear. In the long run this saves you a lot of money. Same goes for the FAP, there are so many cheap alternatives for healing between mobs in addition to that get the biggest eco (L) FAP you can handle and if it is not enough for your selected mob either step down because the mob is too big, or hire one or more newbie fanoos fapper.

Normally I don't write that much in forums here, but: I don't like unhappy people...

Bro:

1) you waste alot of ped
2) you want too much

In my eyes you must definately adjust your gameplay and thinking to have fun ingame.

1) Don't run behind the four digits
2) Sell that freakin' Fap
3) Hunt you lvl mobs

A clever person a year ago told me: If you can't hunt it naked OR have to fap wearing armor -> MOB TOO HIGH

Sorry to say: My real hof near to your four digits was done here:

923 PED Jori 10/01/2012

Yep... it was a simple Jori on Arka, thinking back it was an Guardian BUT don't forget it's kinda small mob if you compare to your mobs.

Just go out with adjusted equipment, don't try to save the whole world, start planting a tree...

Last edited:
depo 500usd if its in your budget to do so. Upgrade a little. Have fun :)

1k+ loots are usually what digs you out of a hole on big mobs and sometimes youre even still losing. You just dont see that part, you just see the hof list. If youve never been to CP in all this time you should go up with a few mates and kick ass in D1, youre way overdue!

Dont think so much about the digits, it'll happen in its own time.

cc

huon young give regular loots over 1k ped and are not that hard.

1. Use maxed L weapons.
2. Dont hunt mobs with higher level than u evade/dodge
3. Dont hunt the Uber loot, it will make u lose big in 99% of all cases.

I disagree with #2, I have level 40 evader but I have no issues evading big Aurli, Proteron, Mulmun LE's, etc. Granted, Atrox and stuff rarely ever touch me... but you can certainly move up a few levels above your evader level.

I disagree with #2, I have level 40 evader but I have no issues evading big Aurli, Proteron, Mulmun LE's, etc. Granted, Atrox and stuff rarely ever touch me... but you can certainly move up a few levels above your evader level.

This your point becomes more valid with higher and higher evade levels. With the lower evade levels it's especially important to hunt lower level mobs and keeping the mob's level under the avatar's evade level is simply a general guideline.

Funny couse I did aurli bronze quest as 1st with +lvl 50 evader in grem+5b & adj fapper for decay & my defense cost was higher then I liked it to be..
Then again, I'm a loser as I lost over 8k (mu included) on the last 100k cycled with a maxed I2870

Yeah if u just wanna see a 4 digit. I think you'll see it for sure on amp2 bp or 2 light especially within 500 bucks. It's gamble though. Btw, make sure qr is 90+ u need max success rate and full condt.

For economical perspective, yes.. get 2.9+ dpp if u can and hunt mobs in ir lvl, or team hunt

Hit 1k+ is the goal ?

Personally I would say: Crafting does that job, but 500$ speak 5k PED is not much in crafting :D

It should be enough to get material for 200 attemps on Cinclair Precision Scoup.
Craft that on full condition (lowest CoS) and voila there should be a 1k+ HoF, but still a serious loss of PED at the end :D

Thanks everyone for the great replies :)

Appreciate the feedback and seems the consensus is not to chase the Hof but keep grinding along with better L weapon than the frean, and use the 5k ped to do a lot more turnover in hopes of something nice finally falling.

I guess another option would be use it for CLD to fund many future hunts.

Thanks everyone for the great replies :)

Appreciate the feedback and seems the consensus is not to chase the Hof but keep grinding along with better L weapon than the frean, and use the 5k ped to do a lot more turnover in hopes of something nice finally falling.

I guess another option would be use it for CLD to fund many future hunts.

Or... Instead of wasting PED on (L) MU %... With that 5k, use less than 4k of it for a tier 0 King Kong Snubnose + Beast amp. Tier the gun as you go and the gun's resale value will increase along with it.

Use your remaining ~1k for ammo and cycle that over and over. If you don't hit anything good and eventually lose the 1k, you still will have the King Kong Snubnose that you can sell if you want.

Disclaimer: I don't know how long King Kong Snubs will be this cheap because it all depends on how frequently they loot. Demand for them has increased a lot.

Buy 10 Terra amp 6's and hit up FOMA, might be able to get a nice 1k+ hof from those.

my last tower was unamped with 106 finder no tier enhanced. My first tower i got the same way.

Mining with amps is gambling and you have a high risk to lost very fast. So my tip: mine unamped the most time and drop a lot more probs, as to go for risk, drop less with amp.

You also will find out, that you mine different , when you have amps mounted.
When you will go for gambling/risk mining, i recomment to go to ark underground, Foma and Hell, and only use amps there.

For $500 you can do some nice FOMA/HELL mining, but don't do it in one swoop. Buy like 5-6 lvl5 amps or about 8 lvl8/D-class amps at once so when the loot is bad you aren't going -$250 on your first try and can actually mine for longer and probably (most definitely) will hit something nice.

Back