Future of Entropia Universe

You tell MA to learn from Minecraft, but you play EU not Minecraft :laugh:

For some people CE2, pets and other crap is very important. If my avatar moved like in SC now I was not going to play EU.

btw I think MS just bought MC. Lets hope we don't see EU exlusively only on XBOX :laugh:

Course I am minority same like you. Thats why we are both here. From game developer point of wiev is always to hit better = bigger audience unless u making games for pleasure. Games mada for other purpose than earning money (creators fun, fame etc. ) are usually one time projects not designed for lasting years with new content like mMO's.

"CE2, pets and other crap is very important" only for such minority which is making devs focusing on such useless things from bussines pont of wiev.

EU is bussines at 1st place. Unfortunely it is not super sucesfull. EU being sucesfull bussiness ( that imply satisfied suctomers ) need more focus on bussines and economy mechanics itself rather than new fireworks every year.

Course I am minority same like you. Thats why we are both here. From game developer point of wiev is always to hit better = bigger audience unless u making games for pleasure. Games mada for other purpose than earning money (creators fun, fame etc. ) are usually one time projects not designed for lasting years with new content like mMO's.

"CE2, pets and other crap is very important" only for such minority which is making devs focusing on such useless things from bussines pont of wiev.

EU is bussines at 1st place. Unfortunely it is not super sucesfull. EU being sucesfull bussiness ( that imply satisfied suctomers ) need more focus on bussines and economy mechanics itself rather than new fireworks every year.

But if they made it so 90% of the people like it you and me wont pay it :laugh:
It's kind of paradox to want your game to change into something that you will not play, but other people will like more :laugh:

Now getting back to myself: I support CE2 fully! :yay: Not sure if I would even be here now if not for CE2 version.

I would certainly not be here if Entropia had not switched to CE2.

But if they made it so 90% of the people like it you and me wont pay it :laugh:
It's kind of paradox to want your game to change into something that you will not play, but other people will like more :laugh:

Noone ever told finding gold mean will be easy. I am sure MA would exchange You, me and other 3-4K active players of our kinds for fresh 2 millions of stupid 12-15 year old with their pocket money, anytime - if they could do this easy :)

Don't pin to MA some high merits, but do not underestimate power of proper earning need in any kind of bussines. It's only MA fault they can;t make their customer satisfied and earning money same time.

That 90% you refering to is not 90% of average gamers, thats why game like EU are not so popular. 90% want easy, fast pleasure thats why buying consoles and want play for free. Those who invested lot here are less likely to criticise EU ( and admiting their investments as mistakes at least poartially )

Even MA Fanboys have their limit, border, red line or whatever you call it , at which MA incompetence could not be accepted anymore. Just various ppl need various reasons to be pissed :)

1.Will there be Entropia Universe in 5 years (or whatever it might change it name to)
I believe Yes and with more participants aswell
2.How many auctions pages total will be there be in 5 years? (right now it is bit over 1000 (total for all planets))
I don't believe the total amount of open auctions indicates the whole truth. But it is important. On Calypso there is a high demand in almost everything (most of my items with "high demand" are gone in 1'-60' tops) so 1000 pages of unsold items are "to much crap" for Caly.
3.Will there be taming?
Sooner or later in will be another upgrade in Entropia. Taming is a very difficult code to implement in game (that's what we experienced so far), so it will be retructed for good from Entropia at the end, because it is to much "pain". That's my opinion.
4.How many planets will there be in 5 years and will all the current ones survive?
I don't see many more new planets very soon but there is room for others ofc I will be glad if I'm wrong.
5.What is the markup of modified fap in 5 years?
non important for me and idc
6.What is the markup of Mod Merc in 5 years?
non important for me and idc
7.Will the CLDs stay ingame or will MA find a way to remove them? If still ingame, what price are they going for in 5 years?
We will see deeds for many years to come and not only those are in game right now. Prices? Who knows for real :)

Last edited:
Noone ever told finding gold mean will be easy. I am sure MA would exchange You, me and other 3-4K active players of our kinds for fresh 2 millions of stupid 12-15 year old with their pocket money, anytime - if they could do this easy :)

Don't pin to MA some high merits, but do not underestimate power of proper earning need in any kind of bussines. It's only MA fault they can;t make their customer satisfied and earning money same time.

That 90% you refering to is not 90% of average gamers, thats why game like EU are not so popular. 90% want easy, fast pleasure thats why buying consoles and want play for free.
Yes, that's the business strategy in gaming industry that i call "Play It Safe".
Shamelessly steal all good ideas from all games, try to avoid any mistakes they made, add good amount of marketing - and u get a decent project that generates just as much profit as expected. Relatively short lifespan ('cause u didn't add anything new), no unexpected big success or loss.

All the great success stories, however, came from a fresh new ideas that ignored anything that was done previously. Not trying to mimic others but instead tell your story the way you see it. That's a risky business always, u might lose big or u might win big. PE was such a success story once, now it's kinda undecided between being a copycat or trying something new and fresh.

Hope the risky way will prevail. ;)

Entropia is an authentic idea that's why is great.
It isn't made to have millions of 12 y.o. gamers.
Created for people who enjoy the way it is made and who can spend and invest.
These people are some thousands around the world?

We want EU to be great game and to be able to survive?
If something planned to change, MA and PP can use polls through our forums.

I always said I'd do 10 WoFs. We've only had 6. There's some sort of future:)

Hurrikane

As it is another slow day at work i thought why not ask your opinion about the future of Entropia Universe.
To make it easier i´m gonna give you few questions to answer.

1.Will there be Entropia Universe in 5 years (or whatever it might change it name to)
2.How many auctions pages total will be there be in 5 years? (right now it is bit over 1000 (total for all planets))
3.Will there be taming?
4.How many planets will there be in 5 years and will all the current ones survive?
5.What is the markup of modified fap in 5 years?
6.What is the markup of Mod Merc in 5 years?
7.Will the CLDs stay ingame or will MA find a way to remove them? If still ingame, what price are they going for in 5 years?

Thats enough.
To end this survey please finish sentence below:
"I have a dream that one day ..."

I like your survey, and I'm writing this before reading what anyone else says, so my opinion doesn't become biased :)

1. Yes, Entropia will still be here.
2. 2000+ and universal bidding will be possible.
3. Yes, already on it's way.
4. 6; all current one's survive. NI gets revamped, name changed and new owners.
5. Higher than it is now, because they are still very rare and player subscriptions are more than double.
6. Same answer as 5.
7. CLD's still exist and are trading at 2000 PED ea.

Thats enough.
To end this survey please finish sentence below:
"I have a dream that one day Bitcoins are the primary global currency."

Back