Question: Do all members of a team represent one entity?

aVaLON_52

Elite
Society
ᴄʀɪᴍꜱᴏɴ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟꜱ
Avalon Butterfly Erupter
Example:

There is a shared loot event. There is a team with 3 people; "Team X" and then there is a solo freelancer "Y guy"...

There is a big mob that spawns. "Z Mob"

"Team X" having 3 players do the following damage on "Z mob":
Player 1: 10% dmg
Player 2: 20% dmg
Player 3: 21% dmg
For a COMBINED TOTAL of: 51% dmg as "Team X"

"Y guy" deals 49% of mob dmg..

The "Z mob" ends up being a HOF..
A mod FAP drops...

Who gets it?

to the lucky one, each has a % chance based on the damage done

Example:

There is a shared loot event. There is a team with 3 people; "Team X" and then there is a solo freelancer "Y guy"...

There is a big mob that spawns. "Z Mob"

"Team X" having 3 players do the following damage on "Z mob":
Player 1: 10% dmg
Player 2: 20% dmg
Player 3: 21% dmg
For a COMBINED TOTAL of: 51% dmg as "Team X"

"Y guy" deals 49% of mob dmg..

The "Z mob" ends up being a HOF..
A mod FAP drops...

Who gets it?

As the shared loot is independent if there is team members shooting or not:

Player 1 has 10% chance to get the mod fap
Player 2 has 20% chance
Player 3 has 21%
Player X has 49%

Falagor
:bandit:

As the shared loot is independent if there is team members shooting or not:

Player 1 has 10% chance to get the mod fap
Player 2 has 20% chance
Player 3 has 21%
Player X has 49%

Falagor
:bandit:

Player X :laugh:

It's Y guy... not player X, not Xmen.. Professor X.. Y guy!

(just messin)

Ty for clearing that up for me Falagor :)

Last edited:
Sidenote:

ModFAP got relative low TT value, so chance for everyone involved getting it, if total HoF is higher than 3.3k PED

Math: 10% of 3.3k is 330 PED, so the 10% guy got a chance to drop the FAP.

Different thing about high TT value uL SIB weapons.

Example with your team: Total TT value of HoF is 50k PED that drops a 24k full TT uL SIB weapon.
In that case the weapon can only drop to guy Y, as no other did enough DMG to get that big share of the loot.

Edit: Sorry, forget my statement its BS ... totally wrong, tte guy in following post is right! DMG and TT value are not linked when it comes to item loot, only stackables are distributed by DMG done

Last edited:

Example with your team: Total TT value of HoF is 50k PED that drops a 24k full TT uL SIB weapon.
In that case the weapon can only drop to guy Y, as no other did enough DMG to get that big share of the loot.

No, the item can drop for anyone, no matter the TT value. Read the description for the shared loot (put mouse over the shared loot icon). We see this all the time on smugglers. A 300 ped mob has a 250 ped melee amp in it, the amp doesn't go to the person with the highest damage most of the time.

Last edited:
Sidenote:

ModFAP got relative low TT value, so chance for everyone involved getting it, if total HoF is higher than 3.3k PED

Math: 10% of 3.3k is 330 PED, so the 10% guy got a chance to drop the FAP.

i don't think this is true..10% dmg guy still has 10% chance to loot unl item...

there are enough cases where opalo shooters got big esi or L weapon..

No, the item can drop for anyone, no matter the TT value. Read the description for the shared loot (put mouse over the shared loot icon). We see this all the time on smugglers. A 300 ped mob has a 250 ped melee amp in it, the amp doesn't go to the person with the highest damage most of the time.

yeah because high dmg guy does for example 15%dmg, rest of the ppl do 85% dmg..so 85% chance he doesn't get it

Interresting.

I always thought that it was just whoever did most dmg got the uber item; so I would stay away from shared loot events with uber people.. didn't wanna get sloppy secondhand loots... :p

so I guess that's not the case..

Hanne was Community Manager for SDS when shared loot was introduced, and with approval by MindArk stated that this is how it works:

... Shared loot is the same as the team setting Damage: Stack Share.
This is how the team setting Dmg: Stack Share worked earlier as well. The reason I inquired for MindArk to release this information is because, while the text in the current team UI isn't incorrect, it's not detailed enough an description either.

Anyway,
How it works:

Player A does 60 % Damage on the mob,
Player B does 30 % Damage on the mob,
Player C does 10 % Damage on the mob:
Stackables are shared according to the % damage inflicted. Items are shared where the probability are 60% that Player A gets an item, Probability is 30% for Player B and 10% for Player C.

The probability is the same for all items in the loot. So for the next item, Player A still have 60% chance, Player B 30% and Player C 10%.

So its based on the probability relating to the damage inflicted.

Awesome, thx Serica

Awesome, thx Serica (and everyone)
oops dbl post.. mybad..

Back