Please add a Total Skill count!

Why should they?

The total skill total has absolutely NO affect on your individual skills other than the numbers in those skills.
Even for a bragging rights it's downright pathetic to think it actually means anything when you already have an indicator of your skills. Aka the level of your skills.

The only thing the total indicates is how much free time you have on your hands really, considering how insanely expensive and long it takes to gain said skills.

And who really wants to be a jack of all trades anyway?

No harm no foul Timewarpman1; everyone's entitled to their opinion,

The way I see it is that the sum of all skills is the true level of the player; everything else is just individual assessments of skills.

(let's not turn this into a hate thread guys, keep it clean; its fine if not 100% of the people agree)

Last edited:
I'm sorry you feel that way about a counter-argument. You don't get a lot of people who challenge you intellectually it seems. That's fine. Most people who are spoiled have the same reaction.

You have tickets on yourself mate, you don't challenge me much at all in anything, your a troll, you never add anything you just look to wind people up and now that taming is supposedly on the agenda you have to look for other places to be... intellectual if that is what you want to kid yourself into calling your posts.

Sure, why the fuck not! :yup:
+1

+1

and a few more characters to validate the post

Well.. this should be low priority but when they do implement this, they should also include TT of the skills earned and total overall. No need to have to have an esi on hand to see if you can chip out etc.

Well.. this should be low priority but when they do implement this, they should also include TT of the skills earned and total overall. No need to have to have an esi on hand to see if you can chip out etc.

That would be very useful too; then everyone has a fair shot at understanding how to chip out (and value the chipping of skills - without needing a 3rd party program)

I'm hoping that if there's enough traffic of people requesting this small addition, then maybe MA will notice and give it enough consideration to actually implement.

You have tickets on yourself mate, you don't challenge me much at all in anything, your a troll, you never add anything you just look to wind people up and now that taming is supposedly on the agenda you have to look for other places to be... intellectual if that is what you want to kid yourself into calling your posts.

If the only thing you got on me is the fact that people can't tell the difference between logic and showboating, you are sadly mistaken in what views are. My stance on taming remains unchanged but that's not the topic at hand.

You don't have anything to counter my argument and that's why you can't humble yourself to actually debate. The only thing you see is someone attacking what you have taken to a personal level and that's is very sad to know that's what your problem is.

Now unless you have some points against my argument that do have a logical bases would you kindly leave the debate open for people who do?

@ Timewarpman1,

It would help me, for example, to track my skilling progress. And with me a ton of people, you only have to browse this thread to see how 99% of the posts are "+1" for this idea.

Besides, if you find it useful then it's great and makes your life a lot easier. If you don't it is no harm to you as you can just ignore that little number.

If one idea is very positive for a large portion of the population and does absolutely no harm to the rest then you have to be a real bad guy to vote against it, in my opinion.

That's how I see it.

If you never question any ideas, how can you judge the actual validity of it's usefulness? This isn't about harming or being evil for merely suggesting against it. This debating if a company should use it resources on something that, objectively, has no overall impact on it's user base other than fluff. After all, it's the company's money that will be footing the bill if it even considers that validity. And no matter how small it may seem, this is something a company will consider.

Afterall, people do not know what's best for them.

I would love to be and your point? nvm..I got it..move along :)

skillschart.png

But for some skills are just fun to keep track of.

But you already have that...it's called the level bar.

objectively, has no overall impact on it's user base other than fluff.

To be fair, objectively, this is a game, and by definition everything in it is fluff.

Total skill count? F*ck that, we got Compet deeds. :yay:

OK ok, I might be joking.

....not an actual effect on the game.

By that argument, let's get rid of individual skill count. We don't need to know them. Of course we'd remove the profession info as well. Whether we know what the number is or not doesn't change how the skill affects your stats on the activity in question.

But if you've been around long enough, you'd know that MA is actually giving us MORE info, not less. We used to not have the profession data at all. Only the individual skill count. Figuring when skills unlocked sucked real bad back then. Once MA released the profession data, a plethora of options became available that directly affected and improved ingame activities.

If that's too much, here's a simple argument:
The more info available ingame without having to use outside websites, tools, etc., the better the entertainment immersion.

Of course I think this should be done. I'm guessing they don't give total skill count for a specific technical reason.

TL;DR version: +1

Of course I think this should be done. I'm guessing they don't give total skill count for a specific technical reason.

Yeah, people gotta add more numbers..
maybe the technical reason is..
they got a deal with casio.
if they implement this, casio sells less calculators..
that would be bad for business

OK ok, I might be joking.

By that argument, let's get rid of individual skill count. We don't need to know them. Of course we'd remove the profession info as well. Whether we know what the number is or not doesn't change how the skill affects your stats on the activity in question.

But if you've been around long enough, you'd know that MA is actually giving us MORE info, not less. We used to not have the profession data at all. Only the individual skill count. Figuring when skills unlocked sucked real bad back then. Once MA released the profession data, a plethora of options became available that directly affected and improved ingame activities.

If that's too much, here's a simple argument:
The more info available ingame without having to use outside websites, tools, etc., the better the entertainment immersion.

TL;DR version: +1

I'm still failing to see the benefit of seeing a total number of skills if said skills are regulated to specific skill sets.
Unless there is a buff for every 1000 or so total points it's just ego stroking.

And for the argument about strength, agility, etc. Those are only affected by the skills associated with them so a total count is still pointless.

My argument still stands.

It would be better if we could see the avatars 10 best skills with scanner it tell you more then to see the total skill.:wise:

To get 300-400k skills is not so hard but to have 10 skills over 10k Points thats hard.

I'm still failing to see the benefit of seeing a total number of skills if said skills are regulated to specific skill sets.
Unless there is a buff for every 1000 or so total points it's just ego stroking.

And for the argument about strength, agility, etc. Those are only affected by the skills associated with them so a total count is still pointless.

Ok so now its 40 yes, 1 no.

move on.

Failing to see the benefit does not mean you are winning the debate. It means you are losing.

Um, actually the only Attribute that is dependent totally on other skills is Health.

Might wanna learn a bit more about those pesky useless skills and their points. Might help you see what you so far have missed.

Can not see why we could not get it .. + 1

I agree 100%! All the skills should be totalled in the skills tab. I think there should be ranking for amount of skills as well.

Failing to see the benefit does not mean you are winning the debate. It means you are losing.

Um, actually the only Attribute that is dependent totally on other skills is Health.

Might wanna learn a bit more about those pesky useless skills and their points. Might help you see what you so far have missed.

A fair bit of oversight, however, that too is already displayed as well and a total don't provide an accurate read on your health other than calculations you would have to make from each individual skill.

+1 it would be neat to have it ingame

May be total skill count is tied to loot? I see no other reason why it isn't ingame.

See how I am saying it's nothing more than an ego trip?

Kinda reinforces my stance.

No, it really doesnt. He's just improving the suggestion.. something you fail to understand. Fluff or not (as you are stubborn to assert), there isn't a downside to having this in the game as it is one or three less things people have to rely on outside of the game.

+ for me.

Many events as Merry Mayhem etc are skill related and it would be much simpler if there was an in house skill counter.

Chipping up or down would be made simpler.

Many more advantages in a skill related game come to mind.

I do have a valid question tho

' What is wrong with an ego trip :scratch2:'

As long as it doesn't turn to arrogance and does not affect anyone else it is fine for a little self boost :)

Last edited:
I doubt this is too hard to implement. It should be possible to be calculated
at clientside at users request, downside with that is that the value can't be
used ingame for certain features, but it is at least a start. ;)

+1.

Back