Please add a Total Skill count!

I would say why not, but true the Jdegre scanner already exist, and that's a Great tool.

But,
during the years, I have seen many times lost skills
(I did a support case in my early game,
but received the classic copy and paste "we see nothing odd in our logs bla bla bla...").

The bad sell of the Medusa Island made all of us lose skills for like 8 months in a row everyday.
Yet nowadays all seem to work fine, since it is something I very often check and I save datas.

But for the reasons above,
I doubt they will ever give us such tool which would prove we could have lost skills at a time or another.
Even if it is true I would personnaly be strongly up for it.
Imagine the thousands of support cases they would receive... But I guess the LAG will be Guilty again ;).

And yes HardWrath is right about the top50 which is updated/refreshed everyday since years,
so that's a tool they could give us since very long time ago.

+1 .....:yup:

P.S. a sum total number in the skills window! I think that's what OP asking and I agree 100%!
<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 ofc, its a great thing :)

since i play (9 years) i wish that!

agreed.. +1 here as well.. Very nice idea :) +Rep given

It'd be a good idea,
Many asked for this for a while and since its the main aspect to make it to the top socs it should be shown
also a soc terminal update, since it must be one of the things since i started that i havent' seen a single change.
Would be cool to add costumizable soc ranks for example, show each member's total skils, avg total skills, avg profession.. etc, that kind of misc stuff

+1
Would be nice to have it :)

Yes please +1

+1

Yes please! Saves me the trouble of adding everything up on a calculator...

Total Skill Counter definately yes to it +1
:yay:

+1
+1 (to export to csv) :)

OMG they addded it! :laugh:

attachment.php

let's hope soon right

would make updating soc term a cinch.. no need for a skill scanner..
at least not for sum of skills.

Yes, it would be great to show the total skills like this plus the scanner would still be used to get the overall details of the skills.

+1

It would make thing much simpler for all entropians

PW

Why should they?

The total skill total has absolutely NO affect on your individual skills other than the numbers in those skills.
Even for a bragging rights it's downright pathetic to think it actually means anything when you already have an indicator of your skills. Aka the level of your skills.

The only thing the total indicates is how much free time you have on your hands really, considering how insanely expensive and long it takes to gain said skills.

And who really wants to be a jack of all trades anyway?

Why should they?

The total skill total has absolutely NO affect on your individual skills other than the numbers in those skills.
Even for a bragging rights it's downright pathetic to think it actually means anything when you already have an indicator of your skills. Aka the level of your skills.

The only thing the total indicates is how much free time you have on your hands really, considering how insanely expensive and long it takes to gain said skills.

It would be a feature you idiot. If you didn't like it, don't look at it!!!

Also as a society we update our skills regurlarly and it is a royal pain in the ass to count every single skill....so yes this would be massively helpful to a lot of people!!!

And as this WHOLE game is based on skills, do you not think 99% of people would like to know how much total they have???

Ahhh what am i doing, you are clearly an idiot

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: and how would this be in anyway a negative effect on you?

EDIT2: +1

Last edited:

To be fair i think that is very insulting to idiots around the world who have struggled to get where they are today, this clown has a long way to go (upwards) before he arrives at the level of idiot.

edit: I see i used the word "clown", i by no means meant to offend the clown fraternity who are a tad higher up the ladder than idiots.

+1

Useful and please not public!

It would be a feature you idiot. If you didn't like it, don't look at it!!!

Also as a society we update our skills regurlarly and it is a royal pain in the ass to count every single skill....so yes this would be massively helpful to a lot of people!!!

And as this WHOLE game is based on skills, do you not think 99% of people would like to know how much total they have???

Rgds

Ace

EDIT: and how would this be in anyway a negative effect on you?

EDIT2: +1

You didn't really give a real logical explanation on how this would help anyone outside of an ego boost, which clearly it is considering that's a response to a legitimate counter-argument.

You need something better to back up those flimsy assumptions other than "I just want it because I said so".

To be fair i think that is very insulting to idiots around the world who have struggled to get where they are today, this clown has a long way to go (upwards) before he arrives at the level of idiot.

edit: I see i used the word "clown", i by no means meant to offend the clown fraternity who are a tad higher up the ladder than idiots.

I'm sorry you feel that way about a counter-argument. You don't get a lot of people who challenge you intellectually it seems. That's fine. Most people who are spoiled have the same reaction.

You didn't really give a real logical explanation on how this would help anyone outside of an ego boost, which clearly it is considering that's a response to a legitimate counter-argument.

And thanks for the negative rep :laugh: I will not give a negative rep back as that feels petty!

Rgds

Ace

@ Timewarpman1,

It would help me, for example, to track my skilling progress. And with me a ton of people, you only have to browse this thread to see how 99% of the posts are "+1" for this idea.

Besides, if you find it useful then it's great and makes your life a lot easier. If you don't it is no harm to you as you can just ignore that little number.

If one idea is very positive for a large portion of the population and does absolutely no harm to the rest then you have to be a real bad guy to vote against it, in my opinion.

That's how I see it.

Why should they?

I keep track of my total skills to see my progress over time. A lot of societies also have total skills requirements to join. Finally, a lot of people like to be "jack of all trades", myself being one of them. It's not for "bragging rights", but just a personal interest of mine. Obviously, by the responses, most people would find this feature useful as well.

On a side note, someone mentioned not making this stat public. I would like the option of public, or not.

Why should they?

I would love to be and your point? nvm..I got it..move along :)

skillschart.png

But for some skills are just fun to keep track of.

Back