New teleport chips

ProActive Mango

Stalker
How about we can loot / craft teleport chips (like wormhole) that can teleport us from planet to planet?

What should the cost be? To avoid pirates / Time / auction flow...

Recreate space for space users as something diffrent from a must for everyone.

Anyone else have any thoughts to add?

(MF needs something new and diffrent)

I think the price of a jump would be prohibitive high, and IMO no one in MA wants to change the current status quo. Here will be too many players (MS and Privateer owners, and pirates) affected after introducing of this kind of chips.

But...in other hand it might be a capsule that would dropped very rarely in the loot, and would give the opportunity to jump 1 times (i think from Planet ground to SS of other Planet, for example from Caly ground to Ark SS). With 10-20 PED TT.

Last edited:
Well, one warp costs the owner about 9 peds and the cost relayed to the customer is usually 30 ped, and add 7 peds for the station TP to planet, and about 10 minutes bare minimum travel time... I'd say if the chip would take under 1 minute to travel, it should cost at least 50 peds per use.

A chip like this will never exist because it will completely undermine all the investments that players have made in space related things such as Motherships and Privateers.

I don't really think the core concepts of space needs to change, that meaning a PK zone to seperate the different planetary economies. There are a lot of cool things they can do with space to make it more interesting, strategic and simply better, non of which i think would involve them changeing the core PK aspect of the thing. Transport company system, working solar system, Nebulas, extremely rare mobs, to name but a few.

There currently is a 100% safe way to travel through space and it costs just 14ped one way :). The only possibility i can see for a extremely rare wormhole TP chip that can travel between planets is if they fixed the MS logout thingy. Such a chip would not cost ~50ped to click but way way more, it would be worth astronomical amounts of money to the people who know how to leverage it correctly in such a case.

Cheers
Zweshi

The only possibility i can see for a extremely rare wormhole TP chip that can travel between planets is if they fixed the MS logout thingy. Such a chip would not cost ~50ped to click but way way more, it would be worth astronomical amounts of money to the people who know how to leverage it correctly in such a case.

That's true.

A chip like this will never exist because it will completely undermine all the investments that players have made in space related things such as Motherships and Privateers.

Do we play the same game?

MA has shown time after time that they don't give a shit about player investments so that's not what's stopping them from introducing this. Pride is! I'm guessing that creation of space was a decision taken high up in the system. Now every worker on the floor at MA thinks the same as the playerbase that space is a fuckup and removing it would save the other planets but they don't dare to say it to their bosses :)

How about we can loot / craft teleport chips (like wormhole) that can teleport us from planet to planet?

What should the cost be? To avoid pirates / Time / auction flow...

Recreate space for space users as something diffrent from a must for everyone.

Anyone else have any thoughts to add?

(MF needs something new and diffrent)

Way back in EU history ie Project Entropia time a certain player got banned for using a wormhole chip to planet jump. There was a huge outcry and the player was reinstated because no one (P.E. management) had said You couldnt........but from then on you couldnt :)

IThere currently is a 100% safe way to travel through space and it costs just 14ped one way :). The only possibility i can see for a extremely rare wormhole TP chip that can travel between planets is if they fixed the MS logout thingy. Such a chip would not cost ~50ped to click but way way more, it would be worth astronomical amounts of money to the people who know how to leverage it correctly in such a case.

Cheers
Zweshi

Way back in EU history ie Project Entropia time a certain player got banned for using a wormhole chip to planet jump. There was a huge outcry and the player was reinstated because no one (P.E. management) had said You couldnt........but from then on you couldnt :)

Let just repeat some known things.
After VU10 ie before space and motherships we got some changes, mostly nerfs like lower reload on fire chips, smaller range on heal chip, no more constant 57 healls with first gen VIII but between 47 to 63 and much more what was posted trought years many times so no need to repeat it here.
Maybe to repost one of most inportant - that MA removed SIB or drasticaly lowered it. So now you skill up harder.
First gen electro VIII had SIB up to lvl 100 before.
MA drasticaly reduced skill requrement on some MF chips.
MA lowered decay on inplants.
With introduction of SME price of ME lost more than half.
We didnt know that MF will not be allowed in some places like instances, space ect.

First Gen Wormhole Chip VIII
-TT is 298 peds with MU was over 30k specialy when Land Garb system was introduced.
-Durability is Mediocre and dont forget that inplant decay too.
-Success rate - to get excelent one had to be a lot higher than 6000 electro, and yes you could fail a lot.
-Mind esence used - 67800 - yes 68k ME on each click.

Now for years ppl skilled with small chips wich you max at lvl 100 so you had some loses from there.
To skill up MF users were in constant search of ME.
Mid Esence price was on start ower 450% and holded on 400% for years to end at 250% year before VU 10.
Can you imagine skilling with non maxed small chips and with ME at 400% and ofc with many crashes , many visits at revival and then frenetical search for daily ammount of necesary ME for skilling?

Each use of wormhole chip at ME 400% is 28 peds (67800 ME) or last year before VU10 at ME 250% 17 ped + chip decay (rememeber Mediocre) + inplant decay and ofc all skills you need to be able to use it.

My estimate is - to get there - to be able to use wormhole chip with less fails - ie to have success rate excelent is an investment in money and time wich is a lot more than buyout of motherships.
Add to that price of inplant and and chip price.
Take in consideration that there were no cheap skills to buy but you had to skill on your own.
And all chips prices went down after VU, not able to use MF chips and wormhole for a year, after wehicles, after nerfs, after introducting of L chips and so on. In that year or year and half without MF other players had 2 events with 2x and 3 x skill bonus.
It was like that you log in in game one day and all your ranged weapons dont work any more for a year or more.
That is how MA thanx to those who skilled MF profession seriously.

Ma was even more thankful to MF users with mothership functions.
Summon do not require any skills, do not consume ME or any other resource and do not decay and do not fail.
Sumon is same as MF teleport or MF wormhole and cost nothing.

Do we need to explain more about what undermined wich investment?
MA killed (undermined?) some MF dreams with VU10 changes, with space and motherships and with non development.
Standard bussines routine - hangars, tailoring, mindforce, scaning and investigator professions, taming?
No need to defend actual state of space and investments there altought investors are not guilty, they grabed oportuninty but MA who always introduce things without seeing inpact in game and economy.

Last edited:
Well said Dan

An interplanetary whormhole chip would be awesome, although there are not many players that would be able to use it :)

Why just planets inside EU?
Make it jump between games - EU, Planetside, CS, AA... jump jump jump!!!

:wtg:

But ma dont care if they can win more money so maybe one day ...

Back