So, I was checking sights and scopes today...

Angel O2 Mercer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
Angel O2 Mercer
and saw this two "things":

Bullseye 3
A user has put its decay as: 0.600 PEC and then he/she locked the decay so nobody else could change it.

Headshot 4
The same user has put its decay as: 0.500 PEC and locked the changes again...

The comment was on both cases: "Official Information, doubt it? check my page".

Well well , both decays are wrong because both items have "Exceptional" as their durability. Exceptional ranges from 0 to 0.09 PEC. Here, have this link.

I'd have corrected them, but they are locked. Pisses me off. Rabble Rabble Rabble. :mad:

Someone here thinks he's the new dungeon master or something.

:(

EDIT: Any help with decay tests and/or correcting the pedia pls? :=)

Last edited:
Talk to Mathias at Arkadia Forum, he entered the info, probably just a typo and should be 0.06

And actually yes, he is the new dungeon master.

Wiki items shouldn't really be locked for editing. Seems counter to the philosophy behind them.

Wiki items shouldn't really be locked for editing. Seems counter to the philosophy behind them.

It's not "locked", it's "confirmed". Confirmed data can still be amended by others in the trusted users group. The point of the confirmation is to differentiate between data that's been properly tested (or in this case sourced from the developers) and data that's approximated.

Mathias has made hundreds of edits in the last few weeks based on the information he now has access to as a staff member. With that volume, it's not surprising that there will be some errors. These can be easily fixed when identified, as has happened here.

I've notified him :)

It's not "locked", it's "confirmed". Confirmed data can still be amended by others in the trusted users group. .

Yeah so "Confirmed" data is actually locked. Only the members of the trusted users group can amend it. So my point remains. Wikis are generally able to be edited by members of the participating community and I think that's a good thing. I appreciate the amount of effort that Jenn has put in and it's good that the detected errors will be corrected.

Yeah so "Confirmed" data is actually locked. Only the members of the trusted users group can amend it. So my point remains. Wikis are generally able to be edited by members of the participating community and I think that's a good thing. I appreciate the amount of effort that Jenn has put in and it's good that the detected errors will be corrected.

But in the case of this wiki there is some information (particularly decay values) that can have a substantial effect on the value of an item and which is not easy to source. The trusted users group system was created because people changed these values incorrectly either through ignorance (bad testing, hearsay) or deliberately in order to manipulate prices. Potentially that's much more harmful than having an edit war about the birthplace of Nikolai Tesla :)

Are you not in the trusted group yourself KJ? You certainly ought to be given the testing work you've done in the past, and I'm sure Witte or Siniko would be happy for you to be added. You should talk to them and get yourself added.

The reason why Mathias can and does such a change to it is because he's officially a Planet Arkadia Official and has access to these information far more accurately than we could.

http://arkadiaforum.com/showthread....is-expanding-with-two-new-members-of-the-team

However, I'm not doubting what you've stated as well...cause 0.600 PEC seems a bit too much...for a weapon attachment decay. Most probably typo here I reckon.

Better check with the person itself.

^_^

Back