Participant Content and Signs issues?

Few Scars

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Bjorn Bjorn Longstaff
Hi
I am having issues uploading a picture to my in-game sign. It supports the participant content and has enough tt value, but I am unable to upload the picture I wish to add.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Bjorn

I didn't used that option so far,
but I'm curious to see why you have that problem (I might need to upload very soon something!).
Did you asked for support?
(I know I know ......what hilarious question I'm asking here:laugh:)

First question, have you done this procedure before?

I uploaded content for a sign just last week and it worked fine. First, get your image (.jpg), make sure it's a correct size (the # of pixels on each side should be exactly a power of 2, so if it's a square sign, use 512x512 or 1024x1024 or 2048x2048, if it's a 2:1 sign, use 1024x512, etc). The bigger the file the higher the cost.

Once you've got the image, upload it via the "archive" section of the PC window. Once you've paid the fee and it's uploaded, you can then go back to the tab on the left, you might have to click refresh but once the pic is there you should just be able to load it onto the sign, as long as the TT is high enough and the sign is currently sitting in your estate.

I use participant content and all works fine, your image for upload must be in size as described in previous post, place it to:

C:\Users\(Your username)\Documents\Entropia Universe\archive folder

After that open a interface for upload in Sign menu. Select image in Archive section and upload image. After uploading image (50-70 PED price) restart interface of sign (cancel creating message, then start procedure again) and your uploaded image will appear in UPPER Background selector.

For correct work of Sign remaining TT must be higher than 10% of full tt, after your created message.

Last edited:
Select image in Archive section and upload image. After uploading image (50-70 PED price) restart interface of sign (cancel creating message, then start procedure again) and your uploaded image will appear in UPPER Background selector.

Yeah that's true, I remember I had to re-open the edit sign interface in order to see the new background.

I recently uploaded 5x images and added them to a (PC) SCREEN. They dont appear to work at all.

Are the SCREENs working for everyone? Or is it just me?

I use Screen in my F.O.M.A Shop, but uploaded image used only as background. All other content is 9 rotating type of text, as any player can create in any planetary network (but in planetary network you can use only 5 different types of text in one message)

I know this is an old thread, but I was trying to upload some player content on my Studio's Signs and they're not previewing properly before upload... Is this normal? Cause I would like to know how they are looking ingame before uploading and spending a bunch of ped :)

Also, are we able to do sequences of images or is that effed up? I'd like to do a sequence of images and texts, onto a Plasma Display and 2 Gigantium Displays...

Thanks a bunch, and sorry for the necroing, didn't think it would be necessary to clutter with a new thread over this.

Wasnt there a vu where the system which supported the pc is no longer in use?

Wasnt there a vu where the system which supported the pc is no longer in use?

Well I still see signs up, and some of them moving, so yeah... Hence why im wondering, i couldnt preview the picture for some reason, and aint paying 63 ped for it not to work :p

It seems the several pictures in one ad seem to be working, however effects and stuff are broken, not allow the ad to move forward... at least not in the preview...:( M.A. is dropping the ball in the "little things" department as usual :p

Back