Some Questions

DarthAussie

Hello Entropia Universe community,

I'm letting the game download overnight, and have some questions if you guys don't mind.

1. Is $100 as a main deposit, with probably a further deposit in the future a good amount to start with? If so, what would you recommend purchasing with the PEDs I get?
2. With EU having multiple worlds, what would you recommend I join? I'll most likely join Calypso, however I heard Arkadia is more noob friendly. Obviosuly I'll have to find a group, which brings me on to my last question.
3. Do you have any recommendations for a group to join?

Thank you very much in advance.

100 dollars is a bit much. Since you are still new you'll be likely to waste them very fast. Better to start with a lower budget and get a hang of the game first.

Also calypso is better for newcomers then arkadia (more missions to do for free).

I have no idea about societies that are helping newcomers, but there are a lot of them out there :)

First and foremost....a big welcome to you.

Next, if you have time to spare while downloading the game...please consider reading the following.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?264996-Entropia-Universe-Guide-2014-Edition
http://buladifu.blogspot.com/2014/08/entropia-universe-part-one.html

The second link is a shameless plug of mine...and a work-in-progress. The first one is of course better imo.

As for the deposits....you best be hanging on to them....and hang on to them you must.

Unless and until you know more about the game, don't even think about spending those peds...lest you do something wrongly and come to regret it.

Caly or Ark is okay imo. But try to avoid starting on the less populated planets....since the less populated planets might not have the things you need to get off of them available in auction or they might be priced much higher than normal. Stuff like...a space-worthy ship (Quad, Sleipnir), fuel (oil), thrusters, RK-5 and some welding wires.

Finally for groups....hmmmm....can't really recommend much...but perhaps you can try mingling with people first and decide later. No worries.

GLHF.

Last edited:
Welcome to Entropia DarthAussie!

$100 USD in PED's is definitely more than you will need to begin. My best advice to you would be to read as much as possible and walk before you run. You can spend a lot of PED early and it is basically wasted. Stick to TT weapons and mining equipment until you are maxed out skill-wise. They are cheap and extremely economical.

Get a mentor to help answer the many questions that take longer than you would like to look up on a forum.

Most of all, have fun! :yay:

Welcome! You will never find a better game community then what I have found here.
I would recommend getting a starter pack on https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/shop/
if you are going to spend some money. I would also recommend hold of spending any money for a little while. There are a number of things you can do for free - and I think sweating is something you should do to start.
Not really for the sweat to sell, but you get some combat skills, and other skills. You also get used to the combat system and other controls.

As far as groups to join, none come to mind that are more friendly for new people - but I'm sure there are some.
You can always try out a society and if you really don't like it - find another.

As far as joining a planet..... starting at Monria gives some advantages, like planetary travel - but you'd have to look into it because I don't know how it works. Arkadia works well, but Calypso still remains probably the best. They have been working hard to add a lot to help new players and give them more content. There is a thing called The Gauntlet at Cape Cornith. It's an instance where you hunt low level Drones. Best way to get Dodge skill there is - when you are new.

Keep asking questions! We are glad you are here.

Rather than Deposit I would initially purchase a Gold Starter Pack for $40 US> This will give you a repairable gun, amp, scope, armour and repair tool,. It will also give you a basic car (car will last good few years with normal usage)

You will also recieve some universal ammo and ped to spend. You can also buy the bronze or silver starter packs but the Gold one seems to be the best value.

To do this goto

https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/shop/index.xml?__noframe=1

you will need to type in username and password.

You can select bronze silveror gold, once purchased the items will be added to your account. Note repairing the vehicle also requires a vehicle RK5 8-10 ped and some welding wire, both items are available from the auction. The vehicle also requires oil to run also from auction but if you ask in trade chat someone will sell you a small amount of oil at a much lower price than on the auction.

Other points to be aware of.

If you are going out to hunt and not sweat - stick to the puny mobs for at least a few days and do not wear yur armour to hunt them. You are better offer hunting with no armour and healing with the repair tool, this saves decay on the armour and builds you healing skills quicker.

Many players recommend that you should sweat for the first few months but it sounds to me that like myself you are keen to get out their shooting stuff. In retrospect 3 years on I wish I had sweated the first few months to build my evade and dodge (this helps with killing big mobs later on). Another alternative is to swunt that is sweat the puny mob until it is dry then shoot it. Done properly you can cover most of your playing costs for the first few months doing this but again it is very boring.

Also consider skilling melee at first S.I. blade or any TT weapon from Ancient Greece , falx, labrys etc, this build Health quicker and allows you to carry larger weight in your inventory quicker

Another important thing to remeber is dont buy a weapon above your level (in the item description if under learning period it says Not any More then you have maxed the item and it is then it's most eco for you to use. If it says "Yes" then your skills will increase quicker using it but it will not be quite as eco and if it says "Not Yet" do not use the weapon as it is very un-eco for you and you do not get speeded up skill gain on it.)

All this aside the most important thing to remember is Have Fun, the game like life can be very frustrating at times and at time it can be extremely rewarding.

Other things to consider are join a society and get a good mentor (dont choose the first mentor you find, find someone in your time zone - talk to them for a few days before accepting them as a mentor.)

GL - The Dawg

1000 ped are alot as a beginner, if you do it right i am sure one can do pretty good with that amount, perhaps even profit...if one has patiance, like grinding for hours and hours and if one can control himself to not do stupid stuff...

the main goal should be to collect enough valuable materials to sell at auction or on street...

the thing which planet to start is a difficult question..

caly is the most poulated..so you have alot of ppl around to ask questions and sell stuff quick...good starter missions etc
BUT there are alot of other noobies who do the same stuff as you do...so lots of competition on the market..

another extreme would be for example toulan with alot less ppl. here you don't have much ppl to help you and stuff sells slower..
BUT you could be the only one to farm this or that material...which could sell for much more markup just because no other one supplies it...

if i would make new ava i would definately not start at caly or ark, i would choose cyrene toulan or rocktropia...but i also have ten yrs experience in this game and would right away know what and how to do..

perhaps you find an active mentor on a less populated planet which could help you...
but if you do this be sure he is online alot and a good one, because this would be very important chosing that route..

btw, you always have the chance to fly to another planet..some ppl will take you for free..

Last edited:
Buy $40 Gold Pack from MA's website.
Buy it BEFORE creating avatar (you will need to create account tho) as it will give you extra options during avatar creation process!

Gold Pack have great value for money and most likely you would not need to deposit anything more for long time.
Sell H-DNA or leave them in storage for much much later (would be a waste to use it on small mobs).

Start on Calypso. It's oldest, most populated Planet with most mature economy and plenty of newbie missions that give you free stuff.

Get a Mentor. Open Mentor Register and read descriptions of mentors. I have space for disciple if hunting is your thing.

Don't rush the game, learning curve is quite step.

Buy $40 Gold Pack from MA's website.
Buy it BEFORE creating avatar (you will need to create account tho) as it will give you extra options during avatar creation process!

Gold Pack have great value for money and most likely you would not need to deposit anything more for long time.
Sell H-DNA or leave them in storage for much much later (would be a waste to use it on small mobs).

Start on Calypso. It's oldest, most populated Planet with most mature economy and plenty of newbie missions that give you free stuff.

Get a Mentor. Open Mentor Register and read descriptions of mentors. I have space for disciple if hunting is your thing.

Don't rush the game, learning curve is quite step.

What he said ^^^^^

Back