Question: Has there been a change in mining ?

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I had been doing drops while hunting, usually about 4 for ore only, and I stopped during the LT migration. After the migration I started doing the drops again. I use the Ziplex TK120 Seeker (L) un-amped. I had been getting quite a few finds, nothing big III-V and about paying for the probes sometime a little profit but mainly just for the skills and fun. I started back mining and I have dropped around 50 probes and had 2 claims and I am wondering if something has changed, like no more claims without amps or at least very few.

TIA for the info.

no (significant) changes here either recently

chalk this one up to wrong place/wrong time IMO

got my tower (1-2 weeks ago) unamped.

Mining has changed, over the years, and especial last year, but the last months I don't feel it changed.

No change in last few months..mining still sucks:mad:

No change here for me!

Rgds

Ace

Once again, don't draw conclusions from such small samples.

You might as well say that you killed 5 creatures, got 5 no loots and than claim that average tt return is 0%.

Last 500k cycled with about 80% return.

Either I'm on a low swing, either something changed.

I am sad I seem to be in a slump, but glad its just my luck and not a change by MA. Thanks all for the replies:).

I have had a change since last december..Now it seems just normal.... Losses every time I play..Since I only mine, I don't log on often at all

I have had a change since last december..Now it seems just normal.... Losses every time I play..Since I only mine, I don't log on often at all

Although it has been a while you did have a couple of real good claims either one of which exceeds my total peds from mining:)

Maybe you need to mine more consistently?

Maybe you need to mine more consistently?

Not to be contrary but that may cause more losses consistently. When I am on a down it doesn't seem to matter how much or how little I play I lose. Not sure how to get out of a slump but playing either a lot or a little doesn't seem help me. I have noticed that after a depo I have good luck for a few runs but then I lose it much faster than I get it a little later. Even tried borrowing money for one more run before a depo and nothing then the depo and the luck starts:scratch2:

On a side note my buddy started playing about the same time as me (2007) but due to RL not near as much. He had never had an HOF and had not played for several months and got on and about his 3rd or 4th mob he hit a 1400 ped HOF. So who knows how to break the spell. Not sure though I could stay away that long:)

Not to be contrary but that may cause more losses consistently. When I am on a down it doesn't seem to matter how much or how little I play I lose. Not sure how to get out of a slump but playing either a lot or a little doesn't seem help me. I have noticed that after a depo I have good luck for a few runs but then I lose it much faster than I get it a little later. Even tried borrowing money for one more run before a depo and nothing then the depo and the luck starts:scratch2:

On a side note my buddy started playing about the same time as me (2007) but due to RL not near as much. He had never had an HOF and had not played for several months and got on and about his 3rd or 4th mob he hit a 1400 ped HOF. So who knows how to break the spell. Not sure though I could stay away that long:)

I find out the same thing, after depo you get 1 small hof plus a few nice runs, and then it switch to take all. Hapened all the time in 2013 to me.

now, I did not a depo for about 7 months. I sold my shop and used al that cash, and lost all the time very fast, no matter what i did, of 10 runs, 9 was bad, and 4 of that 10 runs very, very bad, like 50% and less.

So i has reach a point where i was very "tired" about only to lost. I Made a 14 day breake, never bevore did that! Made a depo of 1k and 2 or 3 days later i got a 4.7k tower. Unamped with 106 finder, no tier.

just luck? or a system behind?

I find out the same thing, after depo you get 1 small hof plus a few nice runs, and then it switch to take all. Hapened all the time in 2013 to me.

now, I did not a depo for about 7 months. I sold my shop and used al that cash, and lost all the time very fast, no matter what i did, of 10 runs, 9 was bad, and 4 of that 10 runs very, very bad, like 50% and less.

So i has reach a point where i was very "tired" about only to lost. I Made a 14 day breake, never bevore did that! Made a depo of 1k and 2 or 3 days later i got a 4.7k tower. Unamped with 106 finder, no tier.

just luck? or a system behind?

Sounds about just what I am talking about, depo, good couple of runs then nothing.

Miners don't deposit.
:)

No changes at all here.

I've discussed this with other miners about the "mining systems". I had a long break not long ago, so not really sure at which time the mining system changed.

The first mining system was similar to the one that everyone experiences now. Lower hit-rate, lower TT returns , bigger globals/hof's, lower markup.

The new system from about 1 year ago, had a higher hit-rate, smaller initial claim sizes = more stable TT returns. This new system was very noob friendly and nearly any noob could have picked up a TT finder and break even on nearly every run.

Not sure why it's changed but it's definitely not the new system that's in place atm.

I've discussed this with other miners about the "mining systems". I had a long break not long ago, so not really sure at which time the mining system changed.

The first mining system was similar to the one that everyone experiences now. Lower hit-rate, lower TT returns , bigger globals/hof's, lower markup.

The new system from about 1 year ago, had a higher hit-rate, smaller initial claim sizes = more stable TT returns. This new system was very noob friendly and nearly any noob could have picked up a TT finder and break even on nearly every run.

Not sure why it's changed but it's definitely not the new system that's in place atm.

I think they removed that, about it was the most boring system we had, since PE.
Payback was the same but where is the fun to get only V claims and no more globals, when average payback stay the same? (unamped)

I think the most bad change they did at mining, was to remove the alien space ships with the 50 ped bonus global and the 2 -3 drones save this ship.
This always was a hug fun to find one, and it made mining a lot more interesting.

I think the most bad change they did at mining, was to remove the alien space ships with the 50 ped bonus global and the 2 -3 drones save this ship.
This always was a hug fun to find one, and it made mining a lot more interesting.

It was not interesting when you got killed near the ship and someone else loots it for you and then runs off :laugh:

but yeah, I'd love space craft SOOTO's back

It was not interesting when you got killed near the ship and someone else loots it for you and then runs off :laugh:

Yep me too

Yea, lost a ship, about i had too much ores at me and could not run, so an other ava was way faster than me.
But i also find abondom ships, in water and other places.

I really miss all that fun!

I have been looking at ways to lets call it reverse engineer the mining system, it's actually not that hard. the problem comes in when there is not enough ped in the system to sustain it, so what eventually happens is your are now "feeding" the system your peds, not $$$, peds.

You have a choice in weather or not to play ....

Mindark can change any parameters they choose to, and the system will adjust it's returns... Eventually you WILL get 95% of what you put in back minus decay of course...

If any of you wants to see what I am working on, you are welcome to PM me...

Back