FYI: Warning: Doublecheck your ended auction orders

Akoz

Rogue Banker
Society
Shaolin
Akoz
Just a heads up for everyone using the auction orders.

Some weeks ago I made an order for 50 CLDs in auction. 25 was bought, but no money was returned for the last 25. MA is still clueless as to what happened, and doesn't seem highly engaged in finding out.

This made me wonder about all my previous orders where I trusted the system and didn't check if I actually got all the money back for unmatched amounts..

Did any of you have recent similar experiences?

I did few Days ago when i sold 6x20 weapon enhancers at auction i sold all but i got Money for the first ones but not for the last ones its was not big Money so i not bothered to write to MA.

It has to be a new thing never seen it Before " well MA needs more Money ". :)

But if it happens again so they get 1,000 letters of me.

hmm.

I had a order for a ep-41, ended either sunday the 14th or monday 15th.
No info in either Message center or in system chat and not even sure if reserved peds was returned...:confused::confused:

Time to write down and make screenies of every auctions...

I also had "trust" aproach but fo some reason i think someitmes i am missing like ~3% of my peds i was expecting to get... it may be that system is actually bugged and noone cares to verify it...

I miss old blue hammers...

Falagor
:bandit:

seems bad returns from regular activities can be caused by bugs if they can't fix so obvious to check things like returning orders cash 0_o

MF Chip UL still missing after auction ended with no sale

I'm currently 'working' with MA to get my UL chip back...it stills shows on my item inventory listing as being in auction.....no where to be found in my inventory....sent them all the info i have....no resolution atm...

I've had a couple things disappear out of auction and me not getting any ped or my item back.

I already know MA's answer..."We are truly sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you, but go pound sand."

I'm currently 'working' with MA to get my UL chip back...it stills shows on my item inventory listing as being in auction.....no where to be found in my inventory....sent them all the info i have....no resolution atm...

not in the 'won' tab?

Seems to be working fine for me.

I had some unfilled orders and peds were returned. I also sell a lot of stuff on auction, paying about 1k ped per month in auction fees, and have not had issues there either.

Uh oh...

Sooooo you're telling me the auction can't be trusted??

Sounds serious..:eyecrazy:

I've had a couple things disappear out of auction and me not getting any ped or my item back.

I've sometimes thought my item was missing.. but it would appear after relog.. Just curious.. did you check all storage, inventory, and won tab on auction?

Last edited:
Uh oh...

Sooooo you're telling me the auction can't be trusted??

Sounds serious..:eyecrazy:

I've sometimes thought my item was missing.. but it would appear after relog.. Just curious.. did you check all storage, inventory, and won tab on auction?

Yup. It was two Kallous-5 ELMs. I consider them lost in the Nether. Happened in a bout of loot lag on each.

For the most part though, the auction can be trusted, insofar as functionality. Can't trust all the people putting stuff up there though.

It's just MA's policy of "Eat shit" that gets frustrating for a lot of folks.

i had same problem, i bidded on Phantom Foot Guard (M), but cant remember if i got overbidded yesterday and clicked away the msg.Maybe i got overbidded and got no Peds back , like i said above i have no clue so never forget to doublecheck and note your auctions! (by the way was something around 100 ped bid)

Greetz,
jason

Perhaps it's all just a big misunderstanding?

Help me figure out the mystery in this thread.

this sounds one of those nice bugs that cost players money and most likely wont be fixed in hurry.. and ofc might appear after few patch from the fix.. "accidentally"

Just happened to me - last week I put some small stacks on AH on Calypso.

Then left to Cyrene, things started to sell. No yellow light in top left corner, just saw the messages. 3 things sold, no PED, I said OK maybe my mistake.

Today I logged - some other 3 things sold, no yellow light, no PED, just the announcement they sold.

Raised a case, will post their answer. If you have things on AH on another planet, pay attention.

If you don't get any feedback on your support case, you can always push the red button..

panic-button.jpg

Just a follow up, support replied asking for the AH times (when I put the items, not when they ended, which I provided in my case as I received them in message center)

First, is disconcerting to see that support cannot see that easily. I constantly dig in logs of millions of users (several millions, like 4-5) without any helping tools because the managers/owners where and still are complete cheapskates idiots so no nice software tools available, and the logs did not contain just simple transactions (depo, sell, buy, pick, discard, loot, trade - miss anything except withdraw?), but many tens of different operations.

Second, at least there is an active dialog going now with them, I provided some data from my own logs... thing is, I fully expect the final answer will be: "All our logs show everything was OK".

Rest assured, being cheapskate is contagious so the amount involved is so low that only the principle (and the bug) matters.

Almost a year ago, I did a trade on Monti a for 47ped. It got bugged and the trade didn't go through buy peds were lost on both sides. Relogs didn't help. Put in a support case and all they could see was me removing and putting ped into my ped card. Nothing about any trades. Seems logs and customer supports visibility into that are excessively limited.

I'm on a long break from this "game"!

After reading this thread I'm now very afraid to come back! :(

Firstly a Virtual Universe where I couldn't add a new friend to my list. (yes it was the main reason for my vacations from EU, beyond the boring loot how can that I'm not able to add an old friend coming back with a new avatar? And MA even told me that there was nothing they could do!) And now this?! :scratch2:

On a Real Cash Economy Game? Really???

Short story, not an exact quote:

Me: These are the times my items were sold

Support: Are those the times that you placed the items up for sale?

Me: Those are the times of the SALE as I got them in the message center [...] I could dig in my local game log for the exact times of putting them on sale.

Support: Do you possibly know when you put them up for sale?

Me (snooping through logs) Here they are, times of sale are on the ones specified initially.

Support: And what time did these get sold?

Me: As I said just above!, they are specified in the first notes of the case (copy paste again)

Support: From what we see in our logs all the money from these sales has been restored to your Pedcard.

Me: I would lie to say that I'm disappointed, because the answer is EXACTLY what I expected. I was WAITING for the last 3 sales to end to see if PED card is credited and was not, your logs are useless. Thanks for the effort though!

Support: Our logs are not useless, they say that you have sold your items and also received all the PED's.

Case closed, move along

Short story, not an exact quote:

Me: These are the times my items were sold

Support: Are those the times that you placed the items up for sale?

Me: Those are the times of the SALE as I got them in the message center [...] I could dig in my local game log for the exact times of putting them on sale.

Support: Do you possibly know when you put them up for sale?

Me (snooping through logs) Here they are, times of sale are on the ones specified initially.

Support: And what time did these get sold?

Me: As I said just above!, they are specified in the first notes of the case (copy paste again)

Support: From what we see in our logs all the money from these sales has been restored to your Pedcard.

Me: I would lie to say that I'm disappointed, because the answer is EXACTLY what I expected. I was WAITING for the last 3 sales to end to see if PED card is credited and was not, your logs are useless. Thanks for the effort though!

Support: Our logs are not useless, they say that you have sold your items and also received all the PED's.

Case closed, move along

Are you sure you did not receive the peds?
I am selling roughly 100-150 items per week.. and havent noticed any problems.. Same with the Orders.

As MA claim they Checked and saw after your item sold that peds were transfered to your ped card...
So probably they have log of your ped card at any given moment. You gave them the au end time and they see 1 minute before the end, your ped card was XXXX and after the item sold the ped card is XXXX+YY...

As MA have answered many questions about deals in the past, in which they were able to tell exact sum on ped card.. i think you might be overlooking something yourself.

If you had video of something on auction, then friend buying it and your ped card not updating. Then i think you would have evidence.. right now it just cant be...

I would have noticed if peds went missing (sure i have had feelings like that also, but usually after adding everything up, i end up finding that i have bought something i forgot about or bid on something or something like that)

Are you sure you did not receive the peds?

Pretty sure - had only 6 items, small amounts, for the first 3 I was not sure so I wrote down my PED card and logged of. After 1 day, logged, same PED amount but the next items 3 were sold. Not hard to keep track, but hard to take it on "video", as you know the ped are transferred automatically at the moment of sale.

Thing is, they can check their logs all day long, and see that money were transferred while maybe in reality they got "lost" on the way - this is what a bug is. I was on another planet than the items.

I would not bother to raise a case just for the sake of it - in fact since 2011 until now I raised 20 cases, 5 of them to remind them that my withdrawals were overdue or close to it, majority on missions bugs - neglected all together.

Anyhow I'm done with it, did not expect much from it.

same issue

Same thing happened to me just this very moment as I wante to change my disposition of my order and removed it, the order was worth exactly 5k peds and the peds didnt show up on pedcard

Have another order hanging in AH and really scared whats gonna happen if it doesnt gets filled

Same thing happened to me just this very moment as I wante to change my disposition of my order and removed it, the order was worth exactly 5k peds and the peds didnt show up on pedcard

Have another order hanging in AH and really scared whats gonna happen if it doesnt gets filled

Damn, this is getting serious. Is support giving any relevant information as to what to do?

Wow. Please keep us update on this. If MA fails to respond seriously it could have a HUGE impact on players' trust in them.

That's 500 dollars.

This scares me away from placing any orders. Really hope this gets sorted out soon ..

I quit playing for many reasons but was curious what was going on in eu. I came across this thread and noticed your complaints, I can tell you that I have lost personally close to 2k ped 1 time that was never returned on various auction bids (Used to trade alot) and that was 5 years ago, seems this problem has worsened.

I havent got any reply yet but wont take this any further, i constantly use all my AH slots and it allways works fine.......

Ofc I dont screenshot all actions so cant back up my statement more then that I know that my pedcard didnt change after removal.

Hope it turns out well for OP!

/Linz

Back