PCF addicted

Billy Jean Ruby

Stalker
Society
Factory of Fun
Billy Jean Ruby
Couple days ago I'd got a decision to stop interesting about PCF and try not to read it also.
But I have to admit this forum is part of my virtual life, part of my Entropia life.
Can't login in Entropia without to take a look of what is happening here!
Also, there are some awesome ppl in here among the "crowd", with great ideas, with sence of humor and sometimes with very interesting perspective and opinions.
So can't be away for long!
I'm addicted to PCF almost as I am with Entropia. :laugh:

do I need a doctor? :yup:

The little bit of drama keeps things interesting :)

No, I always check PCF too, almost same time when I log ingame in the morning. Its not adddiction, its informations. ''A strong man (player in this case) is a informed man '' :wise:

Entropia Universe IS an information game.

He who holds the info...oftentimes "wins" in some way or another....PEDs.

Without keeping abreast with up-to-date info...you run the risk of buying something at a hefty price and risk burning your fingers.

You can't and shouldn't log into the game without reading the forums first.

If you don't read at least one of the forums you can miss vital info whether it's information about events or why the servers are down.

hehe, i absolutely understand what you mean :)

sometimes im more online in pcf instead of entropia itself :D ... but also many mobile reading :)

With our Android and iPhones, PCF is in our pockets! When at work, I find myself flicking out my phone and checking whats new on PCF. I get frustrated when there are no new posts LOL.

Yeah the amount of GOOD info (in all the forums actually) is huge.

I see players everyday in game saying "I don't read forums, it's just a bunch of trolls" or "Entropia life? I never look at that" etc...and I just laugh to my self.

Sure there are hundreds of pointless posts that we have all been guilty of, but hell, half the fun is digging through those and finding those posts with informative gems, those things where I say, "Wow! I didn't know that".

For example, in looking at a guys rare item screenie the other day, a few of us noticed that there was a Big Bulk global in his chat. I had no idea BB were still spawnable, as I was never on Caly when the occasional BB global had hit. But now I know it, and it was only because I clicked on some rare loot thread to congratulate someone, and because other users were kind enough to share a little info in the guys thread.

That's what makes these resources so important to me. Sure there is bad or useless info, but does anyone think their textbooks at school are 100% accurate either? Hell no. But at least it gives you something to think about.

I love reading and posting when I am at work. I learn probably 5-10 new things every day about EU simply by killing a few minutes here and there reading up on the forums, and do it every day.

Truthfully, in these forums you see another side of my personality than the one you see in game....when I am at work, my life is complicated, aggravated, dramatic and mostly argumentative day in and day out. I am therefore an over-dramatic poster, and very argumentative while posting at work and I love it, I love my job, but that is my mindset during the day...But when I get home and log in, I want my game to be as drama free as possible, the game is my drug that soothes me, calms me down, and gives me peace after the stress I had at work during the day.

So, you can see, the forums are my drug when I am at work, and the game is a different type of drug when I get home :yay:

I think in game, I have only ignored 3 people ever, and they were only ignored because after asking countless stupid questions, they said this: "Entropedia? I don't read that." Really? See ya laters, buddy. :dunce:

So, anyone who plays, should read these, and those that say they don't have time are lying. If you can bring your phone into the shitter with you, you have time :D

There is just to much good info to ignore, and there certainly are some funny fucking posts AND people. I still laugh about the Compets photoshop orgy any time I think about it. Out loud.

I see players everyday in game saying "I don't read forums, it's just a bunch of trolls" or "Entropia life? I never look at that" etc...and I just laugh to my self.

Sure there are hundreds of pointless posts that we have all been guilty of, but hell, half the fun is digging through those and finding those posts with informative gems, those things where I say, "Wow! I didn't know that".

For example, in looking at a guys rare item screenie the other day, a few of us noticed that there was a Big Bulk global in his chat. I had no idea BB were still spawnable, as I was never on Caly when the occasional BB global had hit. But now I know it, and it was only because I clicked on some rare loot thread to congratulate someone, and because other users were kind enough to share a little info in the guys thread.

That's what makes these resources so important to me. Sure there is bad or useless info, but does anyone think their textbooks at school are 100% accurate either? Hell no. But at least it gives you something to think about.

I love reading and posting when I am at work. I learn probably 5-10 new things every day about EU simply by killing a few minutes here and there reading up on the forums, and do it every day.

Truthfully, in these forums you see another side of my personality than the one you see in game....when I am at work, my life is complicated, aggravated, dramatic and mostly argumentative day in and day out. I am therefore an over-dramatic poster, and very argumentative while posting at work and I love it, I love my job, but that is my mindset during the day...But when I get home and log in, I want my game to be as drama free as possible, the game is my drug that soothes me, calms me down, and gives me peace after the stress I had at work during the day.

So, you can see, the forums are my drug when I am at work, and the game is a different type of drug when I get home :yay:

I think in game, I have only ignored 3 people ever, and they were only ignored because after asking countless stupid questions, they said this: "Entropedia? I don't read that." Really? See ya laters, buddy. :dunce:

So, anyone who plays, should read these, and those that say they don't have time are lying. If you can bring your phone into the shitter with you, you have time :D

There is just to much good info to ignore, and there certainly are some funny fucking posts AND people. I still laugh about the Compets photoshop orgy any time I think about it. Out loud.

agreed, I have been playing this game for 6 years and I don't know what a big bulk is LOL. I guess that's why I keep playing this game because it is made in a way where you never really know everything about it. much unlike other games, where you master so quickly and then get bored of. I still have never even been in an instance or know where they are located!!!!!!

Believe it or not, i read the forum for like 20+ hrs before even downloading the game. And like a week while downloading it ( sucky internet and yea it took like 5 days or so to download). 99% times i ignore the drama because real life already has plenty of it and i dont care for more. The information out here is huge though and anyone who plays entropia should first read the forum imho.

So i guess yes it is an addiction of sorts :)

Well gotta admit i have to check forum once or twice a day so you aint alone:ahh:

When I started playing in 2004, there wasn't a general forum and no wiki. This forum was created in 2005, and was called entropiaforum.com. It certainly helped people play in a more efficient way. Back then, the websites that provided stats - like Dreicc's - were so inaccurate I had to buy most guns, test them, and then sell them, to create an accurate dpp list of guns. I never really joined this forum for drama, as it correctly had rules to protect the slander of players with no evidence - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.com forum was created for people to freely bitch about players.

edit: I see they automatically edit the name of that forum :p

+REP again

This is so true. I don't see many as trolls here only the ones who haven't played in a while and try and find anything and everything wrong. But for the active players stating what is wrong (or even right) with the game is ok with me and I do enjoy reading their active options.

Also, there are some awesome ppl in here among the "crowd", with great ideas, with sence of humor and sometimes with very interesting perspective and opinions.

Hopefully this fulfills the doctor & humor part ;)

I check in daily, to see whats new, whats old and whatever is the latest drama :)

Couple days ago I'd got a decision to stop interesting about PCF and try not to read it also.
But I have to admit this forum is part of my virtual life, part of my Entropia life.
Can't login in Entropia without to take a look of what is happening here!

Ask admins to ban you and your IP. Makes it harder to login, and this extra effort will make you realize you are about to give in to the addiction again :)

I once had myself banned from a forum per request, to make sure I'd study for an upcoming test... I was procrastinating way too much :D

Without this place to explain stuff, and other player run sites full of information wed have to rely on MA's information...wouldn't that be fun?
At least you wouldn't spend a lot of time reading. :laugh:

Back