How seriously does MA take Multi account Market manipulators ?

Sn0wst0rm

Dominant
Society
Freelancer
Mr Sn0wst0rmz X
As per the title... Does MA take seriously those who use an illegal second account to manipulate the markets especially cross planet ?

6 month ago I had a run in with a noob skillless Character that only logged in on a certain planet by the Auction house when I placed certain orders. It's obvious the player has a main on another planet and uses this to play the market on this dead planet which is bang out of order.

So I came back to the game and decided to do a little trade again. No sooner do I put an order up for the same item.. does this noob skilless char log in at the exact spot to fck with prices. I'm also certain I know who the player is.. its one of the main crafters of D-Class amps.

I have reported this just now to MA but im sure i have in the past and they did nothing despite the fact that multiple accounts will highly likely use the same IP adress....

So again, how serious do they take this ? and what is stopping other people or myself doing the same ?

It isnt auction manipulation first of all. He or she is buying at the higher price than you and not manipulating market data (etc selling to himself at low price to get the average down)

About the use of second avatar it all depends, it might have that it is his/her sister,mother,brother. If this is the case there is nothing you can do except pay more.

Would suck if ppl would get banned just because they share the same ip (i shared the same ip with my brother for more than 5 years, and often even the same computer).

I know there are plenty of second,third ... avatars in this game, but if they have Document-proofed those accounts, there is nothing MA can do and should do.

A second account is nothing

1 Uber avatar
Rest are all 1 - 10 Attributes TOTAL.

see this :rofl:

Well Okay, I have a brother and a mother so we have just decided to set them up accounts each on a different PC and Laptop and create them new chars on different planets.

They both are registered to this address so I can prove that but nothing stopping me using all three account is there ? It will sure save me time and money flying out to planets to lay on some small deals^.^

Two of the people i susspect of being the main charactor are in that Image ^.^
I also suspect that. :cool:
Had a small encounter in AH this week. Main character outbided me on a 1 sec delay on a Karma Killer (L) that I know he crafts, just to reach the high-price that "his friend N" is selling his crafts.

PS. Market manipulation is not always just down-pricing, but also the up-pricing.
Very hard to apply objective rules on subjective matters though...

I also suspect that. :cool:
Had a small encounter in AH this week. Main character outbided me on a 1 sec delay on a Karma Killer (L) that I know he crafts, just to reach the high-price that "his friend N" is selling his crafts.

PS. Market manipulation is not always just down-pricing, but also the up-pricing.
Very hard to apply objective rules on subjective matters though...

Oh I know.. in the 6-8 months I was gone this guy was happy to buy for 900% on an item and now hes happy to push up. I'm not arguing the fact that there is stiff trade competition but when you know the player has a main character on Calypso doing hardcore crafting of amps but also has a skillless alt sat at a specific AH on another planet playing with the market. Whether or not hes doing it lower the crafting costs he's still cheating by using multiple accounts in order to gain or keep an advantage. That's where I draw the line. It's wrong.. Family blah blah.. that old trick is BS imo.

They don't take it serious, and I don't think they give a crap. Higher markup means more peds for mindark

Unfortunately, MA does not really take most issues as seriously as they should. This is one of those.

I have reported this just now to MA but im sure i have in the past and they did nothing despite the fact that multiple accounts will highly likely use the same IP adress....

What should they do ? The same IP Adress does not prove anything except they have the same IP-Adress. Even totally unconnected people could have the same ( thgough unlikely with EUs playerbase ) e.g. by having the same provider. That being said there are family members, friends (...) plying via the same internetconnection and it would be plain wrong to ban them due to sharing the same IP.

Yes having an advantage due to multiaccounting is wrong, but without proof ...:dunno:

Last edited:
It isnt auction manipulation first of all. He or she is buying at the higher price than you and not manipulating market data (etc selling to himself at low price to get the average down)

About the use of second avatar it all depends, it might have that it is his/her sister,mother,brother. If this is the case there is nothing you can do except pay more.

Would suck if ppl would get banned just because they share the same ip (i shared the same ip with my brother for more than 5 years, and often even the same computer).

I know there are plenty of second,third ... avatars in this game, but if they have Document-proofed those accounts, there is nothing MA can do and should do.

It IS market manipulation if you are present on more than one place. If he had no second account, he'd travel, like we all have to do. By being omni-present, this cheater is gaining an unfair advantage over those who play according the rules, and is affecting the market.

The story in the OP deserves investigation, and I am quite confident it will not turn out to be a "real player who just happens to share an IP".

I have to say guys, other than billing I have never known MA to respond so quickly. They have got back to me already to say they are investigating :)

Lets see how that goes lol.

I have to say guys, other than billing I have never known MA to respond so quickly. They have got back to me already to say they are investigating :)

Wow... this IS amazing fast!
Let's see what happens...

It IS market manipulation if you are present on more than one place. If he had no second account, he'd travel, like we all have to do. By being omni-present, this cheater is gaining an unfair advantage over those who play according the rules, and is affecting the market.

The story in the OP deserves investigation, and I am quite confident it will not turn out to be a "real player who just happens to share an IP".

How is that?
How does someone being at two places at the same time affect the market data?

If he had no second avatar...
Does he have? Or maybe it is his Mother who logs in after he shouts at her " that Damn other guy just beat your order price".

Yes it might be a second avatar, but it is almost impossible to prove. About this being the market manipulation i still disagree, if he buys from himself, yes then it is market manipulation, if he offers better price for someone else selling, then it is not.

Dont get your hopes up, have reported several cases of real market manipulation without any visible results. (Person buying item at tt+ 500 (fair), then relisting at tt+ 9000 (fair) and then the item is bought and relisted by the same buyer for tt+ 4000 now). THe moment he changes market data to gain adventage over ppl who dont know that price was manipulated , now that is what i call manipulation.

A second account is nothing

1 Uber avatar
Rest are all 1 - 10 Attributes TOTAL.

see this :rofl:

Yep that guy and his alt army is at New Oxford all the time. There have been occasions when he had a bad connection and all the people on one side kept disappearing in unison (but the other side didn't). So, there may actually be 2 different "families" of alts there (as someone else also suggested). But alts they are for sure.

1. increasing oneline people count.
2. increasing tansactions made in aukcion
3. by overhitting orders making normal concurence market that is good for minerrs/huners taht dont want to sell items for tt + pec
4. holding avarage prices of sertainitems like d class amps not letting mu jump so tragicly and keeping low prices - good for miners/hunters instrad.
5. keeping alive already not so good marked activity.

so what is bad things is here instead of multiaccounting?

all interested people willing ban for this uber crafter who took almost best place in game of crafting is : traders and other crafters who want to proffit without concurence.

i imagine koteg is family or company making this crafting alive, like ms transport.
or you believe that all pilots, people on ground advertizing ms flights are not alts ?

p.s. i just chatting and want to get opinion, dont get me wrong i dont belong to any side here.

and i made some invetigation,
i found almost all first+last names persons living in russia in same town. all this avatar names was posted is created by real names , so mindark can simply check it.

Last edited:
3. by overhitting orders making normal concurence market that is good for minerrs/huners taht dont want to sell items for tt + pec
4. holding avarage prices of sertainitems like d class amps not letting mu jump so tragicly and keeping low prices - good for miners/hunters instrad.

so what is bad things is here instead of multiaccounting?

a

6. Killing space transport bussines for ppl invested in MS's and Pathfinders , beliving MA can design their system in manner allowing fair concurence ?

Okay, let's try to "enlighten" you.

For fucks sake - what is that for, if there is even no online people counter? Just for extra network load?

Yeah, "great" ped-sink and AH-fee generator? No, darling, read below - it's more disaster than you think.

Yes, by having 600+ slots, able to undercut everyone and everywhere - normal dumping concurrence market - where is only he now.

He doesn't give a fuck about MU, don't worry. What he does - is "fixing" prices often, by bidding his own shit by his own alts, keeping MU high on stuff like finders and etc.

Yes, by simple having 10-pec advantage over honest players, killing them in no time.

<removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldnt be that hard to investigate. These avas must have serious connections/cashflow with the main ava and they dont do any ingame "activities" besides trading with and for the main ava, so i dont really see why mindark is letting this crap go on for so long.

Last edited:
Shouldnt be that hard to investigate. These avas must have serious connections/cashflow with the main ava and they dont do any ingame "activities" besides trading with and for the main ava, so i dont really see why mindark is letting this crap go on for so long.

Unfortunately, MA does not really take most issues as seriously as they should. This is one of those.

Thus it is.

I've seen this kind of thing going on for almost a decade now and AFAIK there's never once been any action taken.

MA won't do anything about it - many of those "alts" that were posted in an earlier post have been turned in for being alts/bots many times by many people.

So reading this I see that at the end it's just simply ok to have Alt avatars and there really is no issue. So I pull my past thoughts about Alt avatars in the past and say it's simply OK to create alt avatars and have one for each planet.

If I'm wrong here, please MA speak up. This is another issue this month we would like comments on with this issue even showing active pictures of the alt avatars.

So reading this I see that at the end it's just simply ok to have Alt avatars and there really is no issue. So I pull my past thoughts about Alt avatars in the past and say it's simply OK to create alt avatars and have one for each planet.

If I'm wrong here, please MA speak up. This is another issue this month we would like comments on with this issue even showing active pictures of the alt avatars.

I'd love to have alt avatars for trading purposes, if MA is allowing this kind of thing now. Since they don't crack down on obvious, reported cases, can we assume it's OK to do?

I'd love to have alt avatars for trading purposes, if MA is allowing this kind of thing now. Since they don't crack down on obvious, reported cases, can we assume it's OK to do?

Need to post over on the wishlist a great new feature allowing us to set a master avatar that will collect a % of skills gain from all our alt avatars.

But before we can hope for this we need to hear something from MA asking why they allow these alt avatars. Remember some of the mothership owners are using them as well and in the past I did warn them that by doing this, they could loose their ship..but I guess as I said above that I'm wrong on this issue.

The people with alts just follow these rules:

imagine koteg is family

103: Sleep can interfere with...
111: Treat people in your debt like family ... exploit them.
( 6: Never allow family to stand in the way of opportunity.)
139: Wives serve, brothers inherit.
- : Exploitation begins at home.

Last edited:
Few things to remember:

1) MA in most cases cannot prove that Its someone's alternative account. Unless ofc if you enter fake information, e.g. name: dgfogfas surname: erjairae0f address: fake street 123. If you register to your brothers name for example, all they can do is ask for a copy of his ID, which you can get and everything will end there. IP address is totally meaningless since you might be living/working together with this person.
2) EU is an RCE, so MA is VERY CAUTIOUS on banning people, especially perm bans. They will never ban anyone for market manipulation with a perm ban! Maybe a temp ban for a week max.
3) I guarantee you MA has no time on keeping an eye on these kind of things, so unless someone comes up with decent proof or there many support cases from loads of people about something very specific, they won't act.

The question is - what is the punishment? As I said in my previous post - MA in most cases (unless the person is just too stupid) cannot prove its your second (third or whatever) account. So they can only look at the manipulation aspect. Since there might be peds worth thousands of USD on those accounts, they will never ban anyone permanently for manipulation. All they can do basically is wave their finger or maybe give you a 1 week temporary ban.

Why I'm drawing such a conclusion? Well, look at all the hunter bots banned many years ago. That was a huge exploitation of the system with shitload of money involved - guess what, botters didn't end up empty handed, they reached some sort of a settlement. So for this kind of small violation (compared to other things) - there is no way anyone would ever be perm banned for it.

Back