Votes: 66 45.2%
  • Unchanged

Votes: 57 39.0%
  • Worse

Votes: 18 12.3%
  • Other

Votes: 5 3.4%

• Total voters
When server/client synchronization is lost for more than the few seconds that autouse remains active serverside, the mob may not attack. It's only fair if the player can't attack that the mob can't attack.

this. team death yesterday at takuta because neither of us could shoot, healer couldn't heal, but by golly that spider sure warn't gettin any lag.

i have not seen much of a change over the past few months,

i still lag when i use a tp chip.
i still lag when using a teleporter.
i still lag when switching tools. especially annoying when trying to pull out a fap and it says its in use, in my pocket doing nothing gun still in hand.
i still lag like crazy when people use rockets/grenades within sight.
i still lag worse then ever when an avatar enters my radar.
i still lag the most when there are more then 5-10+ avatars within draw distance.

i live on the west coast USA if that is any help.

the only improvement to lag i've noticed is when looking at certain teleporters i no longer lag as much.

Since I have seen here that other people have the same issues as me (so I'm not the only one complaining), it really frustrates me that after 11 years of playing, I still have very similar problems that are beyond content bugs, gameplay issues, etc. It's server, client, and connection issues. These issues should be non-existent in a game that makes plenty of money off us which has been around for over a decade. I understand MA exists to make money, but we are also paying for goods and services, and as such, should be able to expect a certain level of good experience. In the end, I don't care about loot cycles, returns etc, those are just nice bonuses for playing. I love the game and have been here for 11 years because of that fact. But I would certainly like to see MA rehaul the server systems and provide a stable platform for our enjoyment in the game.

Remove the bad planet partners and their planets, bring the players back to just Arkadia and Calypso (the only two functioning planets), and work up stable server systems in those areas.

Must be location based issues. I'm in the minority, but my lag is much worse. Aside from taking a while to log in (always some error, usually ends with "your avatar is already logged in"), I get randomly booted. When I do actually play, it's as if I'm back to using satellite based internet provider with latency issues.

I voted other

Some things has become slightly better and some things are unchanged BUT
the MAIN ISSUE is the pvp trading experience has become way worse since the updates during August!
often when I do a trade the trade window wont appear for me but only for the one I'm trading with.
And common the left over bug from the disaster VU where pvp trading didn't work for a day, that is soo bloody annoying! That you can't see total TT value in trade windows until you get the confirmation windows!
If I could choose I'd go back to what we had before August just to get a good trading experience again!!!

But if I'd focus on the question asked I guess the experience has improved slightly, but its hard to tell since it was ok for me before already. It feels like I've had more disconnects though, but I can't tell since I don't keep a log of that :D

Somewhat better, Still have that stupid lag when another person or vehicle show up in radar. And why does the lag only affect us and not the mob?

Somewhat better, Still have that stupid lag when another person or vehicle show up in radar. And why does the lag only affect us and not the mob?
Apparently the mob attacks happen client side, so while we stand lagged out the mob gets to nibble on us. :D

If they can't get the network code/servers working properly, I say they should at least put mob attack server side as well. Let the mobs lag out while we whackem, see how they like it lol

Lag is what makes EU, EU.

You cannot fix it, you cannot remove it, it is a feature.

On Caly and Ark I've been getting total game freezes where I can't do anything for a few seconds, even if I was firing my gun it just stops.

Same here, and often times upon initial log in, game will just freeze for about 15 seconds, then resumes.

(My connection is fiber optic LAN with AT&T in California, lag is usually never an issue because of my connection.)

Lag for opening storage, loading inventory and auction is way less.
Also there is less lag on the set times of day when there are 'background calculations'.

In hunting on crowded servers i don't notice a lot of difference.

IOn planet, storage is quite slow still. I am sure there are improvements, but I am still having troubles. In space, it's pretty terrible. It frequently results in CTDs there.

I had a support case opened in July/August about lag when switching from fap/weapon, loot lag was crazy etc.

It was almost unplayable for me, now It seems way better, also the loot lag is gone mostly I think.

On 10/10 FTH.

Cheers,
Robo

Yesterday was my first "kind of an uber" hunting run, since servers upgrade.
Lag was a nightmare from time to time especially with my healer ;/
Since I needed a lot of help from my healer and I realize she was unable to heal me due lag!
The place was @ Feffox spawn area North of Camp Caravan.
Also "Radar lag" was extremely annoying.

Back