Kind of a shame.

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I get tired of grinding bigger mobs and when I do I like to go to Camp Icarus with my Herman ASI-TT R and hunt the punys. It just a way of relaxing for me and its kind of fun and I collect the bones and believe it or not I actually get a few skills. I started doing that 3 or 4 months ago. What I have noticed is MA has cut the spawn rate way down. I have seen 10 to 20 hunters in the area and everybody fighting over a few mobs, not really fighting but you know what I mean. When I first started there were plenty. I just wonder what's MA's thinking on that. Seems like they would want enough mobs for everyone to hunt because that is the way they make money, at least that is what I thought.

I guess it has to do with the upgrading from punies to "juvenile" and "cub" maturities. Higher maturities means lesser mobs.
Plenty of punies around port atlantis swamp camps and half moon bay though, whatever half moon bay's function is right now and how it connect to camp icarus?

There is also carabok :)

Are you sure they cut the spawns way down? When I was just a nub a year ago, we constantly fought over spawns.

MA make money by getting people to deposit. The easiest way to do that is to get people to upgrade equipment because they've been either encouraged or forced to move up the mob levels.

They first did it by moving the loot further and further up the mob levels and I'm guessing that they've noticed that people were hunting the low level mobs and making ped so they may be reducing the spawns to encourage people to move on.

They seem to have cut down on the loot as well....... Game is turning into a drag :mad:

Nvm... realized this was just a whine thread :)

As in losses, yep I am whining... but that is ok. Not feeding MA anymore money for a while, found a game I like better anyway

This is not a whine thread, just a tsk-tsk thread. I had not hunted them a year ago but when I started them I would see the clumps of solid red dots at times. Also not sure about the loot mine has been about the same as when I started. The post about MA wanting peeps to move up on mobs may be something as I never thought about that and also could have something to about the loot. The thing is I don't think I would want to hunt punys all the time and I am not sure the bulk of players would either but I don't know that. What I think I do know is seeing others with big globals and HOFs would be incentive to move up to bigger mobs.

Anyway good post here I think and food for thought:)_

if you want punies go to isle noobler north of cape corinth.

I can see ppl grinding puny's around Port Atlantis almost every day when I'm going to a daily mission.
idk what happen around Camp Icarus but that is something serious!!! I believe spawn there are critical for a new player experience and should fixed ASAP :yup:

Checked yeterday at Icarus, spawn wasn´t that bad.
The more I moved north the better the spawns, less green dots, more red ones :)

Checked yeterday at Icarus, spawn wasn´t that bad.
The more I moved north the better the spawns, less green dots, more red ones :)

I have also noticed that at times it seems to be better but not all the time like I remember. How far north did you go, is it past the mountains where Diaks are located ?

I guess it has to do with the upgrading from punies to "juvenile" and "cub" maturities. Higher maturities means lesser mobs.
Plenty of punies around port atlantis swamp camps and half moon bay though, whatever half moon bay's function is right now and how it connect to camp icarus?

Isla Nooblar sucks.
Tiny area, shitload of mobs, and also those juveniles which you don't need (at least not for the quests). It's dumb that they reduced the amount of puny mobs available.

They seem to have cut down on the loot as well....... Game is turning into a drag :mad:

If by "cut down on the loot" you mean "nerfed the everloving shit out of it", then I agree with that statement.

MA doesn't seem to think they need to encourage new people to stay around. Not going to be a good time when the only people left each have 10,000 clds and are trying to play without depositing based on that income.

Back