Interesting response regarding PVP loot on starter pack items

Lindsey

I had an incident recently where I was shot down in space and some items were looted that I didnt think would be able to be looted. I filed a support ticket, and based on the response, this was intended. Wanted to share this with the community. Just a fair warning to all - make sure ALL stackables in your ENTIRE inventory are stored before you fly, you might lose something that you thought you couldnt lose.

I assumed the starter pack items wouldnt be lootable since A. they are non-tradeable, and B. the item in question (the H-DNA instant revive items) are stored in the mindforce tab, not the resources or mined resources tab. This is a copy/past of my support ticket and the response I got. I have deleted the support rep's name since I did not receive this person's explicit permission to post what they said...

2014-09-21 17:12 You wrote:

I purchased the Gold Starter Pack and received 3 H-DNA instant revive items. I was shot down in space by XXXXXXX, and looted. I always take extreme care to store all of the items in my materials and mined resources tabs of my inventory, so I can minimize my potential losses while travelling in space. As it turns out, these H-DNA items - which are untradeable - are lootable in PVP. Surely this is not an intended thing? I am guessing that these items are not transferrable by normal means (trade or auction) because they are intended to be limited to only the few items per character which are given. Surely you can see where this could be exploited by someone. I would also suggest that if you are going to allow them to be lootable in pvp, you have them take up space in one of the conventionally lootable tabs of the inventory to help players ensure that they do not inadvertently lose them. They are currently held in the mindforce tab, which I personally thought was not lootable in PVP.

Thank you in advance for the attention to this matter and any clarification you can offer.

PS - I cant remember the actual date of this incident, I am sorry for the lack of information in that regard.​

2014-09-21 19:28 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Kharmi,

We understand that this does indeed sound strange but they are lootable in PVP and was a disicion made after discussions regarding it with both pros and cons.

Stackable items are lootable and the H-DNA counts into that as they are not consumables and still stackable.

We apologize for the inconvenience but this will also lead to another discuss for the future regarding these H-DNA so we thank you for bringing our feelings to our attention from a player perspective.

We are sorry that we cannot do anything for you at this time.

Kind regards,
XXXXX | Entropia Universe Support

So, as you can see - other things can be looted in PVP that you might not have expected. Please be wary and dont feed the pirate machine.

Thanks for reading -
Lindsey Kharmi Jamison

Last edited:
H-DNA is tradeable on auction far as I know, the skillboost things aren't, right?

I also was shot down in space and had my h-dna looted from me. Seems everything else isn't lootable. I didn't care too much cause those h-dna are pretty much useless. you respawn with 0 health so if a mob stuck around your dead.

Yes this is very unfortunte that MA make such changes.
Traditionally only items in two tabs was lootable.
MA made mistake, either to make them lootable or to put it in MF tab or to not clearly communicate about theit changed approach.

2014-09-21 19:28 Entropia Universe Support:

Hi Kharmi,

We understand that this does indeed sound strange but they are lootable in PVP and was a disicion made after discussions regarding it with both pros and cons.

Stackable items are lootable and the H-DNA counts into that as they are not consumables and still stackable.

We apologize for the inconvenience but this will also lead to another discuss for the future regarding these H-DNA so we thank you for bringing our feelings to our attention from a player perspective.

We are sorry that we cannot do anything for you at this time.

Kind regards,
XXXXX | Entropia Universe Support

Strange that Support say those are not consumables... you consume one when you use it, so looks like consumable to me.

I also was shot down in space and had my h-dna looted from me. Seems everything else isn't lootable. I didn't care too much cause those h-dna are pretty much useless. you respawn with 0 health so if a mob stuck around your dead.

They are useful in groups.

Main thing here though that threw me was that they are in the inventory in the mindforce tab - everyone has always preached that the mining and resource tabs are all that needs to be clear. Makes me wonder if there are any other items that fit the "stackable but not consumable" description, that would be inventoried in other places one wouldnt expect to be looted.

Very nicely worded support case Lindsey - and a good response from support even though I don't think it was a wise decision to make non-tradeable stuff from the special packs lootable.
It may make noobs more vulnerable to being scammed out of what they have purchased... without even mentioning what it is the baddies have in mind...

There is also the question of whether the booster pills are lootable too? That would be worse in my opinion...

Thanks for bringing this up, and ty to support too for the answer we can hopefully work with to get more info and possibly a change of lootable status on stuff like this.

the boosters are NOT lootable. I had them in inventory when i was shot down.

I agree its pretty fucked that stuff outside of 'materials' and 'mined resources' tabs are lootable.

MA: change where they are stored or change lootable status FFS:mad:

so makes u wonder when planet deeds will be lootable, since they are not consumable and yet stackable. or peds for that matter.

They really need to explain the rules before they just decide what is and isn't gonna be looted.

I have had a skill pill boosted looted before was last year, not sure if still lootable.

Attribute tokens are stored in "materials" tab and are stackable and still they are not tradable and not lootable.

I agree its pretty fucked that stuff outside of 'materials' and 'mined resources' tabs are lootable.

MA: change where they are stored or change lootable status FFS:mad:

Attribute tokens are stored in "materials" tab and are stackable and still they are not tradable and not lootable.

Can they please make something for us so that we don't have to be test pigs to find out how things work or learn about it from rumours that aren't true etc. etc. it literary sucks balls that these crucial aspects of the Universe can't be more straight forward. It is vital for the survival of the entire Universe. If we can't travel in space and feel confident about how things work then a lot of us will not travel at all, which will hurt everyone on all levels :(

Can they please make something for us so that we don't have to be test pigs to find out how things work or learn about it from rumours that aren't true etc. etc. it literary sucks balls that these crucial aspects of the Universe can't be more straight forward. It is vital for the survival of the entire Universe. If we can't travel in space and feel confident about how things work then a lot of us will not travel at all, which will hurt everyone on all levels :(
Indeed.

I think the MA teams main mistake was to follow some sophisticated logic like "non consumable, stackable" etc.
Even if u try to communicate all those intricate rules to the players, you've lost that battle before it begins...

In the real game environment with the real players there's only one rule that works - K.I.S.S.

I agree, bad move in

1) making a starter pack item lootable
2) not informing the playerbase
3) not moving it to the materials tab

At least move it to the materials tab. What were they thinking?

How very odd! Firstly, surely I am not the only one noticing how awful the spelling and grammar is in the support reply? I appreciate english may not be the responders first language, but it seemed a bit careless and sloppy. (I may add I thought the OP's support case was very clear and concise).

Welding wire was lootable once, as it is a stack. Then it was changed when it was brought to MA's attention. Lets hope its the same here, just an oversight. Otherwise it is going to make it somewhat annoying in the future to have to check all tabs in your inventory, against a list of potentially lootable items, worse still, having to test each new item individually and posting on forums to inform others...

As stated above, the simplest solution is to either move it to the materials tab, or just make it un-lootable.

Last edited:
And attribute tokens should be moved to another tab... If MA isn't going to give us a real time list of all the lootable items in our inventory, then all lootables need to only be in the materials and mined resources, and no non-lootables there.

How very odd! Firstly, surely I am not the only one noticing how awful the spelling and grammar is in the support reply? I appreciate english may not be the responders first language, but it seemed a bit careless and sloppy. (I may add I thought the OP's support case was very clear and concise).

Welding wire was lootable once, as it is a stack. Then it was changed when it was brought to MA's attention. Lets hope its the same here, just an over site. Otherwise it is going to make it somewhat annoying in the future to have to check all tabs in your inventory, against a list of potentially lootable items, worse still, having to test each new item individually and posting on forums to inform others...

As stated above, the simplest solution is to either move it to the materials tab, or just make it un-lootable.

OFF
I am truly sorry for pointing this out :lolup:

ON
Sounds like people are surprised that MA does not communicate clearly, odd thought that was old news. Sorry for your loss.

The revival pill was not coded correctly by the design team as they mixed stackable status and mindforce status to sort the item in the appropriated tab.

Classic so called support answer & behaviour to give apologies when they clearly show they will do nothing nicely (like professionals would do) to please a pissed off customer, but also to hide their responsabilities in the issue.

But you should be magically rewarded soon, as it happens most of the times.
I remember lately someone who claimed beeing ripped off by a server problem (so MA), and who (by pure coincidence) looted some supremacy UL part.

to me, this is a bad practice,

they need to keep it simple so people dont make mistakes that devastate them and then make them leave the game

this particular situation is just begging to give a new player a bad experience, and since they have the least to lose, its easy for that new player to say screw this game and leave

suggestion
-make on the stackable tabs lootable as has been pre suposed
-label lootable items clearly,

totally agree with Amber that players should not be the lootable guinea pig to see if items are lootable

As pointed out above, the given statement could lead to welding wire, deeds, ammunition, etc. being lootable from one patch to another.
I mean i wouldnt mind being able to strip some pirates of their ammo and wires but it surely would complicate alot of things for alot of players.
There should be a clear flag for lootable items and an item info screen when entering space (flying up or logging in) about all lootables that one is carrying and this list should automatically be written to logfile as well.
Lootable pvp is fine but people need to know what is or is not at stake when taking a risk.

A 'clear all lootables' - button at every storage terminal should be avaible for players who wish to strip themselfs of all or most risks before entering space pvp.

I do not participate in land based pvp, and my space pvp practices have been 100% passive, I have only been in teams set to shared loot. (or whatever it is called that bases loot on dmg delt and splits stacks evenly by dmg)

I have never purchased a starter pack.

Last week after a hunt I found 2x of the revival H-dna in my inventory.

There are 2 possible explanations for this,

1. Someone put them in the trade window without my knowledge (I buy random crap from noobs time to time but haven't really for a few weeks since my frustrations with MA)

2. They are lootable from creatures.

Looking at it logically, I believe that they will at least in time be lootable from creatures as it doesn't make sense to only have a couple per person limit for something like this that could be a 0tt + markup loot and help with the new player economy.
I looted it on what has traditionally been MA's 'test server' planet, so it is very possible in my mind that this is what happened.

TLDR: I don't know if they should be pvp lootable or not, but it is possible that they are or will be creature lootable.

edit: Support is an incompetent, lying ***** of ***** who doesn't know what its left hand is doing.

Would be nice to see these in loot. And I agree, Support often doesn't know what they're talking about.

OFF
I am truly sorry for pointing this out :lolup:

Hey! My over site was an oversight :laugh: I am sure there were many more mistakes in my post alongside that one ;), (and undoubtedly this one!). Plus such things can be expected (and dare I say tolerated!) on forums, social media etc :D

However when receiving official correspondence from a company, surely one expects a wee bit more effort in the proof reading? (particularly in such a short reply ;) )

All the messages I've had back from support over the years have been well written, hence I was wondering if something had changed. Higher work loads, less time to go over replies, further out sourced support etc.. :scratch2:

(crawls back under grammar nazi rock and awaits onslaught... :wise::laugh::ahh:)

Entropia Universe Support said:
lootable in PVP and was a disicion made

this will also lead to another discuss for the future

thank you for bringing our feelings to our attention

I am never going to get a reply from support ever again am I? :silly2::laugh:

Last edited:
Am I right in thinking that hDNA works in pvp?

If so, the reason for them being lootable may be it was simpler to have it that way, than to have a player auto-respawning after being shot in space and instantly dying all over again..

Just a thought.

Am I right in thinking that hDNA works in pvp?

If so, the reason for them being lootable may be it was simpler to have it that way, than to have a player auto-respawning after being shot in space and instantly dying all over again..

Just a thought.

Their lazy coding practices and lazy workarounds have once again, caused frustration and headache amongst the players.

What they could have and should have done was allowed the player to choose whether or not he/she can revive by clicking the check mark or x button. OR Coded some kind of clause that saw if you died in space that the H-DNA would not work and could not be looted. etc ... etc... etc...

~Danimal

As pointed out above, the given statement could lead to welding wire, deeds, ammunition, etc. being lootable from one patch to another.
I mean i wouldnt mind being able to strip some pirates of their ammo and wires but it surely would complicate alot of things for alot of players.
There should be a clear flag for lootable items and an item info screen when entering space (flying up or logging in) about all lootables that one is carrying and this list should automatically be written to logfile as well.
Lootable pvp is fine but people need to know what is or is not at stake when taking a risk.

A 'clear all lootables' - button at every storage terminal should be avaible for players who wish to strip themselfs of all or most risks before entering space pvp.

I agree with all of that!!! :). These are great suggestions and any bugs in vus or patches would hopefully be discovered much faster too with such features in place! Hope you're reading MA ....

I am never going to get a reply from support ever again am I? :silly2::laugh:

Ohhh, I´m sure you will, although it will be in an incomprehensible language...

However when receiving official correspondence from a company, surely one expects a wee bit more effort in the proof reading? (particularly in such a short reply ;) )

All the messages I've had back from support over the years have been well written, hence I was wondering if something had changed. Higher work loads, less time to go over replies, further out sourced support etc.. :scratch2:

Hiya :). I very much doubt that support answers get any proof reading if the answer is really a person typing a personalised answer. I do shake my head at company announcements with typos in them, but am MUCH happier if a support reply is not some automated 'sugar' and shows my case has actually been read and understood.
Whether the topic goes any further up the management levels ... ok we suspect often not.

I would hope that over time the support people could get the hang of affect/effect and loads more too... but I appreciate the efforts made.

Wait...does this include CLD, AUD, lose ped in inventory and all that too? Welding wire?
I am done with space.

Back