why Feffox so popular?

Billy Jean Ruby

Stalker
Society
Factory of Fun
Billy Jean Ruby
Yesterday after long time I found a partner to join me as a healer to my hunt.
It was an opportunity to go big and uber :) So, I found that forgotten Iron - Feffox mission!
After an hour or so on the field, I started to realize that drops wasn't only "crap", but the best of them was.... cells that I used afterward to get more "crap"!!!
I returned to Entropedia and according to this site the best loot I could hope to get from Feffox it was:
CalyTrek CR Spirit Mk.III (L)- Empty Skill Implant (L) - Isis Project Zero-X (L) and some parts of Polaris armor! All of those are uncommon or extremely rare (mean impossible to find).
I stopped and I don't think I will be interest in the near future to go back for them.
And I want to ask
Why all this obssession with Feffox? If I can judge from the globals (I believe with some kind of animal oils) there are alot of ppl grinding 'em.
Do I missed something?
Entropedia info it's misleading?

There's a quote from Kim that might explain:

I think people will grind anything as long as it drops something they need.

Maybe they need just the mission rewards.... or there is other stuff in the loot the Wiki does not list... *your tinfoil hat theory here*

/Slupor

My guess is that it's coming from general popularity. It's very similar to what Atrox was in the past.

The mob is not hitting that hard and has enough HP to generate HOFs and a lot of globals, people like HOFs and as you have XX people hunting them the global chat is quite rolling. This attracts new people.

Feffox is not looting anything special markup wise, and for a good hunt you need several globals to even think of breaking even. So all the globals in the chat can give pretty false view >D

I have personally hunted them as well time from time, just for the swirlies, until I managed to accidentally drop Stage V mission like 50 kills before end. (Yeah had like 24k points already). Since then, 0 :D

It's not a special mob, has a lot swirlies, be ready to go few K peds to minus if you both don't have a good day :)

I think its the same when atrox and proteron was hunted alot, or spider, hogglo, argo, drone etc. Most of these mobs have almost no markup but nice amount of hp (equals globals).
IMO it's just a hype, be smart and don't be a ignorant hunter :wise:

i dont udnerstand either.. i once tried em used liakon+5b.. they just devoured my armor.. and i couldnt even get a global on 600ped run so ended up loosing shitload of peds on that run.. so decided to leave em alone forever

Its pretty much a mix of two great mobs of the old days. They loot kinda like they would in the past. Except now, its a lot more expensive.

It is as has been said, Hi HP but not that hard to kill, you just have to pump loads of ped into them. I have had them pay out well in the past but equally got my fingers burnt a few times when I pushed it too far trying to recoup loses on them.

I rate them as like bigger atrox, loot is generally not great but every now and then you hit a big one, just like any other mob in EU really

and they look a bit cute and almost cuddly

Not quite sure either. I remember saying during the MM event for them - that if these weren't for the mission/event I would never hunt them. They didn't drop crap and overall return was bad. I went back on that statement and hunt them sometimes. They are kinda fun, and I am just hoping to get lucky. After I did one of the earlier stages for Iron mission, I pretty much have stopped. I think the previous posters answered it well enough already.

I've had some good runs and some bad runs on feffox, just like any other mob out there. I did, however, loot a level III teleportation chip (UL) once from a feffox, so there IS loot out there worth looting... just extremely rare. :)

And I want to ask
Why all this obssession with Feffox? If I can judge from the globals (I believe with some kind of animal oils) there are alot of ppl grinding 'em.
Do I missed something?
Entropedia info it's misleading?

The reason Entropedia shows so many globals on Feffox is because they have more HP than most mobs, not because they loot better. I actually think they have bad loot!
Same as if you were killing mobs that cost 50 ped to kill, you would global more often.

Hi,

Just piggy backing on all the prior threads already posted, especially what PW3CKA and moondog have stated, they are all great reasons. (sorry for my long post, lol)

IMO Feffox are one of my favorite mobs due to the risk in gambling for swirlies, stage missions, and skilling up your avatar or wep (using UL Jag + 5B plates - make sure your armor set up can deal with DMG against 38.88% Cut / 27.77% Impact / 16.66% on both Cold&Stab - Lots of HP and make sure your wep is doing ova 50 dps due to their fast regen rate). Ofc there were times that I was too eager in hoping to cut my loses or in anticipating for an over due golden swirl that never came (tbh happens more often than not), but learning to "move around" a bit as I recall may help, and learn to even stop early when the loot becomes sour 'cold'.

Then there are moments of amazement as I've gotten small ESIs, Polaris armor (L), and decent hits before (be smart; use EL and as an indicator view the global banner in seeing how many globals are popping ingame - what maturity as well). Recently I have hit my highest ever HOF, still shocked and in awe, even though I did not loot any items or high MU things (was all Pancreas Oil btw - not complaining). Call me lucky or not, this gave me hope that it is possible to do great on these as I have many times doubted and questioned myself on why do I hunt Feffox and keep returning to 'the petting zoo' that feeds off of PEDs? Please don't hate me on hitting a 5-digit HOF from these guys, but I'd figure I can atleast share my view point and give hope to those who feel the way I had before unitl one day you might hit it big. Just make sure you're having fun, and good luck out there for those who do take the risk and accept the 'known' conditions.

Cheerz,
Vi

Last edited:
Most ppl who seem to have bad LONG-TERM returns on feffox all seem to hunt young-old using big ass armors and relatively low dps.

I hunt them in adj pixie + 5a, or Gremlin if i feel lazy.

As all mobs they have swings, and such a high hp mob eats your card fast during a bad lootswing.

Overall its a good mob, if you hunt it smart.

I agree with aggro. Those guys can aggro only if they stepped on you!!!
Also are good for skilling and ofc that you need a good wep with high dmg/sec.
But still can't understand why they don't have more interesting loot list?
Maybe there is something that isn't discovered yet?
Have to believe in that myth to go face 'em again
4 or 5 digits isn't enough motivation for me.... but parts of.... Eon ....perhaps????
I couldn't resist in that :yup: even if I have 1/1000000 possibility :)

Last edited:
Like most mobs, the list of loots on entropedia is incomplete.

Most ppl who seem to have bad LONG-TERM returns on feffox all seem to hunt young-old using big ass armors and relatively low dps.

Unl. plated Jaguar (not really big ass but served me well over the years) and philosopher's.
Mainly youngs, matures and an accidental Old.
No probs with handling bigger but then the low dps starts to suck imo. with this sword.

Into the 30k mission and with above setup tt return over a lot of runs +126% excluding fap (mainly herbbox) and armor decay.

Indeed most not all ;)

Why feffox to answer op, just because i like them thats all.
:confused:

I wonder when we will see Feffox Bronze

Whatever happened with the whole atrox egg thing > I was under the impression that the owner got the feffox dna . but cleary this must be wrong as the feffox are all natural spawns on the planet , did my poor egg man just get screwed for $$$$ ?

I think its the same when atrox and proteron was hunted alot, or spider, hogglo, argo, drone etc. Most of these mobs have almost no markup but nice amount of hp (equals globals).
IMO it's just a hype, be smart and don't be a ignorant hunter :wise:

i agree on "atrox and proteron was hunted alot, or spider, hogglo" perhaps, but there were very good resons argo&drones were so popular..

argo=iron/drone=gazz

Whatever happened with the whole atrox egg thing > I was under the impression that the owner got the feffox dna . but cleary this must be wrong as the feffox are all natural spawns on the planet , did my poor egg man just get screwed for $$$$ ?

Ma removed the egg from deathifiers inventory and introduced the feffox, with associated event. They did then give him a feffox DNA which has not been place on a land area yet. About the time Ma gave deathifier the DNA they introduced the huge natural spawn of feffox. Basically destroying the value of the DNA.

At least that's the details I recall

I have had more good runs on Feffox where I more then doubled my peds vs other mobs. They pretty much paid for my entire Feffox Event on my one deposit when they were introduced. Losses are never as bad as I can get on other mobs.:girl:

But the fact that there is absolutely nothing other then an extremely rare chance of getting an ESI for loot besides oils and few L weapons means it is just not that exciting.

I did all the Feffox missions in only a few months and after few years I am still not done with my Atrox Bronze mission that I still have more then half of left to do. Ped return while hunting makes a big difference since it means you can keep cycling on them.

Back