Beladcom's Planet Toulan adds new dimension - and surprising value - to Arab gaming

They had only 2D games till now :laugh:
I guess stables are in the next PP release

Thank you Sarah for bringing this article to our attention :)

It is through the RCE that Beladcom monetizes Toulan, which is free to download and free to play. Revenue comes from the sale of items such as the aforementioned stable, as well from fees and commissions on the in-game auction feature used by players to buy and sell goods among themselves.

The last communication that I saw about where auction fees go was from Marco when many years ago he said that auction fees are cycled back into the game's economy, obviously meaning the loot system.

Many of us have suspected that changed at some point and this only fuels that speculation. The author of that article clearly was in communication with the owner of Toulan, who is someone that would be in a position to know what happens with auction fees.

It really doesnt matter to me where the fees go, its just nice to understand the PED flow mechanics.

And then...

Whether it’s renting a stall in a stable, offering a transportation service, or selling weapons or highly trained avatars, there is a fair bit of money to be made via the RCE. In fact, in 2009, the equivalent gross domestic product of the Mindark RCE was $422 million USD

Oops :duh:

Domestic gross product != revenues. Revenue for MA is only a small percentage of the DGP, as DGP would describe ALL ped transactions, while revenue is only the decay part.

But... 2009...that's...like... a different decade!

So I couldn't find anywhere on the planet to spawn a vehicle. It's always "vehicles are not allowed in this zone." So I have to pay for someone to get me off this planet. Although Toulan is a nice and small, I won't be coming back for that reason.

So I couldn't find anywhere on the planet to spawn a vehicle. It's always "vehicles are not allowed in this zone." So I have to pay for someone to get me off this planet. Although Toulan is a nice and small, I won't be coming back for that reason.

Toulan is supposed to be a vehicle free planet, but you can spawn and use your quad in the starting zone - its a small area around the main (citadel?) TP.

Toulan is supposed to be a vehicle free planet, but you can spawn and use your quad in the starting zone - its a small area around the main (citadel?) TP.

I figured that out just as my ride showed up. Last night I was a little frustrated, but I'm over it now. Toulan was a nice looking planet, but I couldn't find any decent sized mobs. The highest level I saw was 20. Anyway, it's not a bad planet.

I couldn't find any decent sized mobs. The highest level I saw was 20. Anyway, it's not a bad planet.

You have Wahesh, an aquatic monster found in the big central lake: Guardian L31 to Prowler L51. And Thawr, found in the Southern part: Stalker L30 :)

You have Wahesh, an aquatic monster found in the big central lake: Guardian L31 to Prowler L51. And Thawr, found in the Southern part: Stalker L30 :)

Ok...are there missions for those mobs? Last night I could only find 4 missions: Khaffash, Sunjoq, Jeef Qahar, and Jeef Zajer.

There's missions for both. If you TP into the big lake, die from a Wahesh, you'll respawn where the mission giver is.

They drop weapons almost every kill and you can get the whole loot table on a global. Issue is, highest lvl weapon they drop does <10dps.

That's the biggest problem with Toulan for me - unless you have an unL weapon, don't bother going, as there's no economy and no lootable lvl 30-100 (L).

Ok...are there missions for those mobs?

Yes, both NPCs for these (repeatable) missions can be found at Snow Stretch 1343, 921. Nearest TP is Guardian Village.

Thanks...Anyone know the plan for increasing traffic on Toulan?

Back