Strange event on Calypso

Aris_S

Guardian
Hey!

Was browsing event list and noticed something strange. So, how can event like that work? 100 ped ticket, no prizes, win rule "Most votes???". Are there even any Argonauts in event location? Is that possibly a scam(just a guess), bagged event system or what? If I'm understanding it right, someone can pay 100 peds to do what he can do without paying 100 peds without any reward except possible +rep?

Don't want to accuse event organizer, was just wondering what the hell! :)

event4.jpg

event3.jpg

event2.jpg

event.jpg

simply man wanted hunt a lone in la :)

Note that there are no prizes also.
Either clueless noob trying out event creation or more likely scammer trying to get few not careful players (just like bidding whole ped card on worthless item thing, always somebody will fall for it).

Second this one.

~Danimal

Not that. He made similar on arkadia and got blasted for it. Guess he moved to calypso. I defended him the first time but this one is suspect.

He created two of this events, the other one only 99 tickets left, at least one fell for the trick so far :scratch2:

Saw Death Pro selling new and used vehicles, or vehicles near breaking point (for storage use) about a month ago on Caly. (I haven't done business with him) Shame to see that he's doing sketchy stuff.

Same guy created an event called "Puny Wars 2" on arkadia some time ago with 5 ped tickets and I think 2.5 ped total prize money or so.

Problem was "Puny wars" was the name of the events created by arkadia officials, which did not have an entry fee.

This promoter is looking for a special kind of participant I guess; the not well informed one.

Could also be that the avatar wants to track very exact his time/dmg/number of kills or something else for a hunting run that the event system can provide.

Why not to contact the avatar via PM if you're so interested in his activities? Only the event create can actually give you a satisfying answer.

Could also be that the avatar wants to track very exact his time/dmg/number of kills or something else for a hunting run that the event system can provide.

Why not to contact the avatar via PM if you're so interested in his activities? Only the event create can actually give you a satisfying answer.

First, as I know, event can be created with free tickets - in that case I don't care if he creates 50 of them. What I care about is that some new or even experienced players might buy "nothing". Everyone can make a mistake - 100 ped mistake.

Second, 5$ said that he made events like that on Arkadia - as I understood, someone told him something about that kind of practice.

In my opinion, that's nothing more than "let's see who fall for this one! Woot, extra peds"

Now ingame events are kind of something i'm familiar with (thanks op for the advertisement - wednesday baby trox my event :D ) and you really can't create these events by mistake...

I do not like these kind of practices because it might discourage people from registering to events in general. If the the first event you register to is a hoax, then you might not register at one again.

Best advice I can give is to check prizes :) I would say 0 ped value don't register but you can have deeds as prizes and those aren't much of a tt value ...

Back