FYI: NEW #RookieTrade Chat Channel!!

HardWrath

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Max HardWrath Mayhem
The custom chat channel #rookietrade has been created.

To join it, in the chat, simply type in: /join #rookietrade

The concept here is to unclutter #trade, #calytrade, #arktrade, etc and make a universe wide channel dedicated for buying and selling Sweat as well as low value things.

Like other custom chat channels, it is mostly not moderated by anyone. If someone is annoying or whatever, simply right click their name and select "Ignore Avatar". To see people who you have previously put in your ignore list, type /listignored in the chat.

The full list of chat channel commands can be found here: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?260130-Entropia-Universe-14-6-Release-Notes

Nice initiatieve...but... I would not have called it #rookietrade, because this will attract only part of the rookies, most will just go to #trade as it has a bigger audience. And those with malintentions will rush to #rookietrade to get deals which aren't entirely fair, because the newb sellers have no clue... :s

Nice initiatieve...but... I would not have called it #rookietrade, because this will attract only part of the rookies, most will just go to #trade as it has a bigger audience. And those with malintentions will rush to #rookietrade to get deals which aren't entirely fair, because the newb sellers have no clue... :s

Well if they are clueless, then the same can happen (and does), in #trade, local trade, and other places.

There is no shortage of experienced players who buy and sell lower level equipment on a regular basis and as #rookietrade slowly grows bigger and bigger, more and more of them will frequent that channel just like the others.

What I see is that a lot of people who deal only with medium and higher level stuff end up ignoring and even turning off #trade because of the continuous spam from people selling TT+1 items.

Well if they are clueless, then the same can happen (and does), in #trade, local trade, and other places.

There is no shortage of experienced players who buy and sell lower level equipment on a regular basis and as #rookietrade slowly grows bigger and bigger, more and more of them will frequent that channel just like the others.

What I see is that a lot of people who deal only with medium and higher level stuff end up ignoring and even turning off #trade because of the continuous spam from people selling TT+1 items.

Good point(s) :)

The custom chat channel #rookietrade has been created.

To join it, in the chat, simply type in: /join #rookietrade

The concept here is to unclutter #trade, #calytrade, #arktrade, etc and make a universe wide channel dedicated for buying and selling Sweat as well as low value things.

Why not split trade channels for "Buying" and "Selling" like the forum is?

Most of the time I just want a buyers for my crap and I don't want to read messages of the other sellers .
Traders and re-sellers always can join and merge two channels (but that way I hope, we can ignore only one part of the spam).

Back