Question: WTF was that Ava trying to do?

Wicked

Hatchling
Lismore NSW. Between Nimbin and Byron Bay
Society
Freelancer
Deadly Wicked Joker
On about my 4th day playing this game, I was just outside Atlantis peacefully killing the low level mobs there with my new knife (so much deadlier than my guns it is ridiculous) when this other player came running past me with half a dozen mobs chasing her, then stopped, so that I was in the middle of a pack of angry critters. I killed a few, and when she raced off went back to my business. Then she did it again, then again. She then came up to me, called me a "fucking noob" and pissed off. Good riddance.

But what the hell was she up to? Is it possible she thought she was doing me some kind of favour? If so what? And should she not only have asked me first (she may have, but if so I did not notice) but not done anything until I agreed?
What if any are the rules of etiquette in this game?

And last, is there anything I should have turned on so that I do notice when(if) anyone wants to attract my attention? (other than by charging a herd of mobs at me, I did notice that)

Probably skilling with grenades?

Hi, Sorry to hear this happened to you. It is called a mob train and in some cases it can be hilarious like a well timed joke. However in your case it showed very little respect to you particularly as you are obviously quite new and were hunting low level mobs.

There is an etiquette in this game that would prevent most normal players doing this to a new player.

That being said I with a friend spent hours cajoling particularly large nasty mobs into areas specifically for this purpose, however the players affected were generally of a mid to high level and it was considered slightly annoying by some and down right hilarious by others. Personally I love mob trains, whether I create them or have them thrust upon me but that is my opinion.

Part of the terms of usage (rules) prevent any player detrimentally affecting the enjoyment of another player but these rules are open to interpretation. This incident with yourself could have been passed off as a mistake, part of the game or a player just not realising you were there. However the fact of the comment made to you by the other player would in my eyes be against both the rules and etiquette of the game.

Like RL this game is mostly full of great people but is sometimes ruined by complete Asshats. Anyway welcome to EU and I hope the event does not put you off playing.

On about my 4th day playing this game, I was just outside Atlantis peacefully killing the low level mobs there with my new knife (so much deadlier than my guns it is ridiculous) when this other player came running past me with half a dozen mobs chasing her, then stopped, so that I was in the middle of a pack of angry critters. I killed a few, and when she raced off went back to my business. Then she did it again, then again. She then came up to me, called me a "fucking noob" and pissed off. Good riddance.

But what the hell was she up to? Is it possible she thought she was doing me some kind of favour? If so what? And should she not only have asked me first (she may have, but if so I did not notice) but not done anything until I agreed?
What if any are the rules of etiquette in this game?

And last, is there anything I should have turned on so that I do notice when(if) anyone wants to attract my attention? (other than by charging a herd of mobs at me, I did notice that)

Pm me the name and I'll give them a noon experience at the next event when I bump into them

if you was hunting and he run in to you with a lot mobs is mobtrain according to MA rules that's harassment in green zone that's not permit to do it so a report well do it :lift::ninja:

Some people are just idiots and there's not much you can do to help them. Ask them to stop, explain that you consider it harassment, and if they continue to harass you repeatedly, then you can open a support case about them.

More info please

Pm me the name and I'll give them a noon experience at the next event when I bump into them

Thanks for that. 2 questions:
What is a noon experience?
How do you pm someone? I tried pming the person at the time but couldn't see how to.

You can right click on their avatar to PM someone. I think the menu is Avatar > Private chat.

I also am interested in what this "Noon experience" entails.

You can right click on their avatar to PM someone. I think the menu is Avatar > Private chat.

I also am interested in what this "Noon experience" entails.
Sounds delightful! Me wants to know as well! :yup:

I am also curious about the "noon experience" - maybe it is a reference to the 1952 film of the same name - some kind of western style shoot out ?

Welcome to Entropia Wicked!

I read it as a typo and RL meant "noob" :eyecrazy:

If you join a good Academy Soc Wicked, you will at least have your questions answered in real time.

Dirk

Mob trains are preformed by internet bullies. they want to make your day a little worse, or upset your hunt. when you just killed a few instead of panicing or dying im sure you upset her definition of fun. hince the name calling..bullies are all the same.

yes there will be some trying to defend saying no, trains are fun!..these are simply assholes that do not realize they are assholes yet.

What a jerk :( but its probely not the last time you will try that! Some thinks its good humor :S

Mob trains are preformed by internet bullies. they want to make your day a little worse, or upset your hunt. when you just killed a few instead of panicing or dying im sure you upset her definition of fun. hince the name calling..bullies are all the same.

yes there will be some trying to defend saying no, trains are fun!..these are simply assholes that do not realize they are assholes yet.

I refer you back to my post and read it properly, mob trains if timed correctly can be a form of intellectual humour, but like any joke timing and context is critical.

Obviously you lack a sense of humour and I made it quite clear in my original post that I believe the OP's experience was against the rules and the etiquette of the game.

As my father used to tell me :

"Engage Brain Before Opening Mouth"

Back