Reintroducing Taming

Well got my Cobra, that should do the job :D

What are you gonna kill with that? It has 4 DPS

The highest DPS unlimited whip, the Cobra Mentor Edition does, 6.9 DPS :handjob:

Id like to see some whips that do 40-70 DPS and then be able to tame some REAL mobs

I WISH THERE WAS MORE BEACONSSSSS

so much fun EPic Design

not sure why the Weirdness on that?

lol CAn't wAit For TAMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOT

Before you guys get too excited here and start thinking about how you will take your pet Araneatrox Stalker into Twin Peaks to kill all the resellers, take a look at the picture. It has a Daikiba, Snablesnot, and a Exarosaur... plus they said it will be one mob per planet. Its pretty safe to say that it will be something low level.

Before you guys get too excited here and start thinking about how you will take your pet Araneatrox Stalker into Twin Peaks to kill all the resellers, take a look at the picture. It has a Daikiba, Snablesnot, and a Exarosaur... plus they said it will be one mob per planet. Its pretty safe to say that it will be something low level.
It's a start! :)

So any old taming skills will not be used in the new system?

Old skills will only affect mobs that were previously trained?

Everyone will start from 0 with regards to the new system?

Hmmm entropia vs sims pet edition? :p hahaha
Well im too noob to know what its good for but most say it maked me laugh :p

So any old taming skills will not be used in the new system?

Old skills will only affect mobs that were previously trained?

Everyone will start from 0 with regards to the new system?

Even if there are brand new professions, I think it's unlikely that experienced tamers will have to start from zero, since any new professions will surely make use of some of the old skill sets.

Last edited:

The highest DPS unlimited whip, the Cobra Mentor Edition does, 6.9 DPS :handjob:

Id like to see some whips that do 40-70 DPS and then be able to tame some REAL mobs

get a nice big taming team together :) easy.

And what, sweat it first? ....come on.

Swunt... err... Taming... Swaming?.

Ill pass.

come on.. where did i say sweat it? You use what you have available at the time.

And no one said anything about being forced to do it, go wait for high end whips... till then it will be the only means available to get higher mobs if and when they become tamable and some people possibly didn't know you could team tame.

come on.. where did i say sweat it? You use what you have available at the time.

And no one said anything about being forced to do it, go wait for high end whips... till then it will be the only means available to get higher mobs if and when they become tamable and some people possibly didn't know you could team tame.

Buying Trained Pets @ Twin Peaks

Nothing decent to add then, you're funny man.

I think that my underlying point is pretty obvious which is that Taming in the past was very low level and so far it looks like that it will again be very low level. The noob stuff is great and everything for the people who like that kind of stuff but what about everyone else?

I think that my underlying point is pretty obvious which is that Taming in the past was very low level and so far it looks like that it will again be very low level. The noob stuff is great and everything for the people who like that kind of stuff but what about everyone else?

Actually you were talking about getting high end whips to tame "REAL" mobs and i replied with the only way we could do that at the moment was by teaming up.

MA have stated that it will be back soon at a low level then more stages added in 2015 so i suggest waiting before commenting on things that haven't even happened yet as just as you think your underlying point was "OBVIOUS" MA may think you should realise it would be obvious new gear will have to drop to tame higher mobs... kinda makes sense if you actually think about it.

We shall see.

edit: when i was a young tamer and stalkers were to hardcore for us me and a few friends used to have a great time team taming them so we got a stalker each, that is what the game is about isn't it, having a good time?

I think the same good time could be had team taming bigger mobs when they are available until there are new bigger whips added.

Perhaps bigger mobs will be here at some later date and perhaps they will depend on your taming skills rather than whip size, as in anyone can buy a lvl 13 amp bp but they cant all craft it.

Last edited:
Taming's finally coming back? :jawdrop:

When I read that, I was all....

Well, I have 3 pet deeds that have been in my inventory for the past 5 years (doing nothing).

I await to see what they become on October 7th.

Until then, I reserve judgement.

Better late than never I say!

Fingers crossed. :)

PS: For the record, I had one of each of the mobs in the OP pic.

Actually you were talking about getting high end whips to tame "REAL" mobs and i replied with the only way we could do that at the moment was by teaming up.

MA have stated that it will be back soon at a low level then more stages added in 2015 so i suggest waiting before commenting on things that haven't even happened yet as just as you think your underlying point was "OBVIOUS" MA may think you should realise it would be obvious new gear will have to drop to tame higher mobs... kinda makes sense if you actually think about it.

We shall see.

edit: when i was a young tamer and stalkers were to hardcore for us me and a few friends used to have a great time team taming them so we got a stalker each, that is what the game is about isn't it, having a good time?

I think the same good time could be had team taming bigger mobs when they are available until there are new bigger whips added.

Perhaps bigger mobs will be here at some later date and perhaps they will depend on your taming skills rather than whip size, as in anyone can buy a lvl 13 amp bp but they cant all craft it.

Or instead of lecturing me, you should understand that I dont want to play the game the same fucking way you do.

Or instead of lecturing me, you should understand that I dont want to play the game the same fucking way you do.

Well that's where we differ... i just want to be like Hardwrath and write shit and expect everyone to eat it.

It's not about "you" the info is for people who may never of tamed that are reading this taming thread.

Last edited:

Take in consideration Rt Whips but are only L ... The THING Infection (FA) (L) v2 ...

Well that's where we differ... i just want to be like Hardwrath and write shit and expect everyone to eat it.

Well apparently, at least according to you, around here I'm not allowed to have an opinion on things.

Maybe i should just go fuck myself? Hmm?

It's not about "you" the info is for people who may never of tamed that are reading this taming thread.

And thats where you are wrong. The information is for everyone and each of us play EU in our own way.

Personally I couldnt care less about taming a mob. What does have me more interested is the prospect of being able to skill Whips while hunting something other then puny mobs.

Well apparently, at least according to you, around here I'm not allowed to have an opinion on things.

Maybe i should just go fuck myself? Hmm?

And thats where you are wrong. The information is for everyone and each of us play EU in our own way.

Personally I couldnt care less about taming a mob. What does have me more interested is the prospect of being able to skill Whips while hunting something other then puny mobs.

So your talking about killing big mobs with non existent big whips in a thread about reintroducing taming :) and you couldn't care less about taming... why are you even in this thread?

I'm done with you as you are talking about something else called...hunting, so let the thread get back on topic and go make a "i want big whips for hunting" thread, seems the sensible thing to do.

And what you want to do in your spare time is up to you as far as sodomy goes.. you go for it if it makes you a happier chap.

edit: just read you're next reply... added so much to the thread, good work.

Last edited:
So your talking about killing big mobs with non existent big whips in a thread about reintroducing taming :) and you couldn't care less about taming... why are you even in this thread?

I'm done with you as you are talking about something else called...hunting, so let the thread get back on topic and go make a "i want big whips for hunting" thread, seems the sensible thing to do.

And what you want to do in your spare time is up to you as far as sodomy goes.. you go for it if it makes you a happier chap.

One of these years, maybe this decade or the next, you will be done trying to endlessly quibble with me on the forums.

Buying Fruits @ boxes, next to Exarosaur Stalker "ShadyAdvertisingName"

@ Butch & Max, no need to fight before the start of the war.
Let's wait to have more info with the new release update :)

For what I know, the most powerful whip in game is the Umbranoid Space-Time Warped Whip (L).
But they do not really drop like animal skins, but certainly more to selected players (classic), so rare.

[Umbranoid Space-Time Warped Whip (L)]

So we can expect Mindark to release new kinds of more powerful Unlimited whips, melee amps, and probably Mentor Gifts, because yet that's not with a cobra (even in team) that we are going to tame a daspletor (even in taming stage 2 "announced").
We were supposed to ride atrox in 2005 (VU 7.8), let's hope in 2014 we will be able to tame something else than just the exaro-snab-daik.

In this release your Pet, once tamed, will need your attention to grow in affection, learn to perform additional tricks and more.

Well, grow affection & do tricks is what we know.
That's the "and more" that we would like to know, since there was also "and more" in the 1st taming release, and finally there was nothing more...

Latest Buzz from MA.

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/bull...ms-roadmap.xml

Taming

This long awaited system is to be reintroduced in 2012, with many new features all have been waiting for; we expect the wait to be worth it!

Well, let's hope the long awaited ghost-feature will be worth the wait...

Before you panic give MA some time. They just announced step one and you demand something that might come at step four or later?

Also if you didn't noticed during all this years, EU has been always offering some systems that appeal more to some group of players. Can't make everybody happy.
E.g. 1) Migration was always better suited for higher lvl players with better gear, after years MA changed LTs so now they can be hunted with Opalo as well; 2) Aurli Cave can be regarded as place only for high lvl players (and yet I don't see people crying about it); 3) Many new missions are targeting newbies (and yet higer lvl players are not crying about it); etc.

So please stop bitching about something that is not even here and let it unfold in time. Meanwhile go and spend some PED on other activities.

Its about taming, I don´t want to kill with it!

Old taming system: there are no serious mobs to tame, Exa Stalkers, Snable Stalkers, Daiki Stalkers, that could be done with the Cobra.

New taming system: we can´t say, its not online yet

Last edited:
This will be just like Beacon, alot of bitching becouse they "miss" it, and once its back its fun 1 month than everyone who did bitch about it will forget it exists. :wise:

Hope atleast some people will like it after all this time wasted on taming.

the problem is: the new beacon system was not the same system.

- no alien ships in mining loot to get beacons and get the 50 ped bonus always.
- new beacon system is really not the same fun as it was

So, I have to give Munchie, Chewie and ..(damn, been that long forgot what I called him) a dazzling new DNA thingymajig, that may or may not bring them back to how they was before?

I want them back exactly how I left them in cryo storage 5 years ago.

Glad it's coming soon tho :)

i hope i get enough dna for all my 25 pets in storage.

What MA has though about the Value and time people wasted in old taming system and the impact of bringing back the profession after such long time?

Back