Reintroducing Taming

The PPs are bringing out new whips. I'm not sure if they'll be here for the update or what the eco will be, but I expect them to be like normal modern weapons and hopefully ampable.

You should talk to PPs... they're informative. Too bad nobody from the Caly team is more active on the forums. <hint hint>

Well from what I understand, when it comes to new items of any kind, they require MindArk's approval and how many times in the last year alone have we seen Planet Partners (even Calypso) say one thing in the forum but then MindArk does not allow it.

So at this point, anything promised by a Planet Partner carries almost zero weight with me, especially considering how some Planet Partners throw MA under the bus and how MA support throws some employees of Planet Partners under the bus.

You should talk to PPs... they're informative. Too bad nobody from the Caly team is more active on the forums. <hint hint>
Yes I think it may help a bit with the communication front! :yup:

Well, the current availability of whips is insufficient for the playerbase to do taming. I would venture to say that most of us do not own whips. Not to mention eco and dps issues. I don't think there even any UL whip BPs out there, at least I couldn't see any on the orders list. It wouldn't make any sense for MA to prevent PPs creating their own whips; they've never stopped PPs from creating their own weapon lines before. They won't be allowed to pick arbitrary stats of course, and they may be limited in damage if that's what MA wants for taming, but we won't be all out there having to take turns on the same dominax cobra mentor edition.

I expect the new ones to be a bit pricey at first though.

So at this point, anything promised by a Planet Partner carries almost zero weight with me

Then why on earth do you ask questions if you won't have any faith in answers?

Sell around 24 Pet Deeds.

They are all well trained and dont eat much food (they can easy do more than 5 years without food) :laugh:

Anyway, despite my frustrations, I am happy that taming is coming back.

Must..not...get...over...excited...

The biggest joke of all is still on us, guess what :

We Are Still Waiting For Taming - My Avatar is nearly 3 Years Old and WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR TAMING. I bet they are laughing their Ass's off in the MA office " Look Kim they are still obediently waiting for taming, Let's string it out for another couple of years, just for a laugh" "

all i want is to be able to place the critters in a spot and have advertisements on them again :)

Yes, make twin tp area no pet zone, otherwise it will be a zoo...

Please make android vixen pets (maybe they can hold some signs up or something? :) )

2 comments:

1) You as an avatar will learn new skills associated with taming....this line scares me, as it may mean they will just royally !!!! anyone with taming skills by introducing 10 new skills that will negate all the prior hard work

2) Nowhere did I see anything about a meaningful compensation to those of us who were fucked for 5 yearrs, they can shove veteran status and cute daiki tricks up their ass for all I care

That's my 2 cents

nutrageti;3293237. Please make android vixen pets (maybe they can hold some signs up or something? :) )[/QUOTE said:
Oh Yes this would be so cool and if you dont look after it properly it turns into Borum female - following you about swinging it's jubliees around

Last edited:
The biggest joke of all is still on us, guess what :

We Are Still Waiting For Taming - My Avatar is nearly 3 Years Old and WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR TAMING. I bet they are laughing their Ass's off in the MA office " Look Kim they are still obediently waiting for taming, Let's string it out for another couple of years, just for a laugh" "

Sounds to me like taming is already here. You have been tamed. :)

2 comments:

1) You as an avatar will learn new skills associated with taming....this line scares me, as it may mean they will just royally !!!! anyone with taming skills by introducing 10 new skills that will negate all the prior hard work

2) Nowhere did I see anything about a meaningful compensation to those of us who were fucked for 5 yearrs, they can shove veteran status and cute daiki tricks up their ass for all I care

That's my 2 cents

Meh... I think that for about 95% of the population, the taming skills are actually new...

My thoughts and a bit of history and analysis on the re-introduction of taming!

Mindark you should hire players to make these kinds of videos, it's videos like this that you come across on youtube that spark interest and get you to check the game out not some crappy 5 minutes to make banner on some obscure mmo website no one has even heard of.

I know if i hadn't come across a dayz standalone video i wouldn't of checked it out and you wouldn't of lost 70% of my gaming time to another game.

Nice job Larkin.

My Avatar is nearly 3 Years Old

It's been gone longer than your avatar existed, shouldn't really bother you to much should it :)

Besides stage 1 is in last quarter of 2014, October 7th maybe so not long now (where have i heard that before).

Hopefully it brings more people to the game... can't hurt.

Mindark you should hire players to make these kinds of videos, it's videos like this that you come across on youtube that spark interest and get you to check the game out not some crappy 5 minutes to make banner on some obscure mmo website no one has even heard of.

I know if i hadn't come across a dayz standalone video i wouldn't of checked it out and you wouldn't of lost 70% of my gaming time to another game.

Nice job Larkin.

Thank you :) Right now it's my goal to start producing more videos with Entropia content, mainly for fun but also to try and draw more people into the game.

Side note:

Back in the day I had another channel with 100+ videos and over 100k views mostly of Entropia. I had quite a few people message me through Youtube wondering about the game, and I always tried to guide them in the right direction.

I'm trying to get back into it now (as time allows). If people can create exciting videos and more thoughtful discussion around the game we can hopefully drive more players into Entropia, and gradually improve the game.

Maybe I'm being a little too optimistic but I find it's better than complaining ;)

On topic:

I'm quite curious to see what taming will be like over the fourth quarter of 2014 and first quarter of 2015. As I mentioned at the end of my commentary, will it just be a short term increase in activity towards taming, or with the addition of new taming related features in Stage 2 and the battle arena in Stage 3 provide a long term benefit? I'm hoping Mindark is thinking long term with the implementation, and not just on the limited function of the past. It sounds like they're heading in the right direction but it will be interesting to see what does happen here.

Taming could potentially bring a new demographic into Entropia if it's done properly!

Thank you :) Right now it's my goal to start producing more videos with Entropia content, mainly for fun but also to try and draw more people into the game.

Side note:

Back in the day I had another channel with 100+ videos and over 100k views mostly of Entropia. I had quite a few people message me through Youtube wondering about the game, and I always tried to guide them in the right direction.

I'm trying to get back into it now (as time allows). If people can create exciting videos and more thoughtful discussion around the game we can hopefully drive more players into Entropia, and gradually improve the game.

Maybe I'm being a little too optimistic but I find it's better than complaining ;)

On topic:

I'm quite curious to see what taming will be like over the fourth quarter of 2014 and first quarter of 2015. As I mentioned at the end of my commentary, will it just be a short term increase in activity towards taming, or with the addition of new taming related features in Stage 2 and the battle arena in Stage 3 provide a long term benefit? I'm hoping Mindark is thinking long term with the implementation, and not just on the limited function of the past. It sounds like they're heading in the right direction but it will be interesting to see what does happen here.

Taming could potentially bring a new demographic into Entropia if it's done properly!

Well i know myself and quite a few friends and people i met along the way skilled to over lvl 50 some well over lvl 50 with no benefit other than the promises of stage 2 from Mindark and the future that could be but that was easily 7 years ago now so there is defiantly lots of peds that went into the economy for fruit, nutrios, whips, brushes back in the day.

When people say they were just advertising boards they obviously forget the people that purchased their crafted items (brushes,whips) fruit, sweetstuff and nutrios and burnt them away with no chance of globals or hofs except perhaps the odd rare as hens teeth global when you tamed a creature, lvl 54 and i never got one so they were certainly rare.

Anything that adds interest and helps the economy is surely handy for the games economy and player base so goodluck with your channel i shall subscribe.

You know what I think?

If I see high level tamers like Butch rewarded, not only for their high skilling, but their extreme 5 year patience, flapping around on a Hiryuu or on the back of an Atrox....

....I think they'll be happy people. ;)

I pray something like that is what they will be rewarded with. Me, I'll be happy to have my Exo, Snable and Daik back!

I must say though, be careful what you wish for............you may just get it.
In 2008 we had pet adverts in populated places that could cause annoyance. There is a good chance
they'll be back soon! :tongue2:

I suggest Staying positive or neutral... Expectations Are always the Worst thing....

However

What is coming Is going to be epic
This Truly is the MAKE IT OR BREAK IT moment.....

With compet correlation into the BAD to come etc.....

some how in some way....

but

The new Motto Everyone Should Start chanting is :

GOTTA TAME THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice job Larkin.
I concur. :beerchug:

Well i know myself and quite a few friends and people i met along the way skilled to over lvl 50 some well over lvl 50 with no benefit other than the promises of stage 2 from Mindark and the future that could be but that was easily 7 years ago now so there is defiantly lots of peds that went into the economy for fruit, nutrios, whips, brushes back in the day.

When people say they were just advertising boards they obviously forget the people that purchased their crafted items (brushes,whips) fruit, sweetstuff and nutrios and burnt them away with no chance of globals or hofs except perhaps the odd rare as hens teeth global when you tamed a creature, lvl 54 and i never got one so they were certainly rare.

Anything that adds interest and helps the economy is surely handy for the games economy and player base so goodluck with your channel i shall subscribe.

And that's what I find quite interesting; you and other tamers skilling to over lvl 50 with the old and limited system even with little or no reward other than the fun of owning your own creature! Just thinking about the additional resources the devs have with the new engine, you would think that taming will be even bigger than before. I'm hoping that happens! It would be a benefit to the economy.

(thanks for the sub :))

I must say though, be careful what you wish for............you may just get it.
In 2008 we had pet adverts in populated places that could cause annoyance. There is a good chance
they'll be back soon! :tongue2:

I'm hoping that there will be some sort of constraints that will curb those annoying pet advertisements cluttering everything up in populated areas.

I suggest Staying positive or neutral... Expectations Are always the Worst thing....

However

What is coming Is going to be epic
This Truly is the MAKE IT OR BREAK IT moment.....

With compet correlation into the BAD to come etc.....

some how in some way....

but

The new Motto Everyone Should Start chanting is :

GOTTA TAME THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

ENTROPIMONNNN!!!

I concur. :beerchug:

:beerchug:

You know what I think?

If I see high level tamers like Butch rewarded, not only for their high skilling, but their extreme 5 year patience, flapping around on a Hiryuu or on the back of an Atrox....

Thanks for your thoughts Mega.

Not like we had a choice i guess as far as patience goes and possibly if some of us could of gone in with lit torches all Frankenstein villagers like to Mindark HQ we would of but alas the logistics and costs were to great... that and the illegality of it :)

It would be nice to have faith in skilling something again that's for sure, this loss of what was back then my highest profession kinda frightens you off going hard at anything new.

The names of the pets weren't all that bad, i mean how would anyone of known the little black ninja guy was a friendly fellow :) (you had to be there)

Thanks for your thoughts Mega.

Not like we had a choice i guess as far as patience goes and possibly if some of us could of gone in with lit torches all Frankenstein villagers like to Mindark HQ we would of but alas the logistics and costs were to great... that and the illegality of it :)

It would be nice to have faith in skilling something again that's for sure, this loss of what was back then my highest profession kinda frightens you off going hard at anything new.

The names of the pets weren't all that bad, i mean how would anyone of known the little black ninja guy was a friendly fellow :) (you had to be there)
Dakiba Stalker "Killer" ready for re-animation! :yup:

Back