Question: Mining same spot, How long to wait?

Would be nice to get the answere from MA, about the claims are prespawned or not.
I remember Marco said, that loot is generated when you hit the loot button.

The different there, it is need to see the creatures, and also to set a ton of spawn markers to the level as level designer. but im pretty sure the mining system work in an other matter. Not the lootsytem, the system how mining is done in the game, technicaly. It really don't need to be prespawned, or it need to set markers or anything.

All happens in the moment when you drop the prob and it say that to the server. But you easy can travel from new york to florida via europa. This would be the same to use prespawned invisible claims.

I work at a MMO, but we never would use a such system, to spawn invisible things, and set spawnmarkers and such in the level, when you just can make all that with code!

But ok, a lot ways going to Rom. But what is the easiest and cheapest way?

I can give you a very simple way of doing it...

repeat the following math t times to get the full effect

x=cos(radians(t*.618*360))*sqrt(t)
y=-sin(radians(t*.618*360))*sqrt(t)

That is based on phi, being a dev, you should know what phi is. Who knows perhaps this is the base array for loot, till us players screwed it up and moved things around.

PS back in Project Entropia days, the timer could be "cracked" by moving sqrt(minute)*bomb radius from a miss in order to find a vein.

It was SOOOO obvious back in the day, hofs / globals occurring every 15 minutes. I used this array back then

x=cos(2*pi()*(sqrt(t)+(t/60)))*sqrt(t)*radius
y=-sin(2*pi()*(sqrt(t)+(t/60)))*sqrt(t)*radius

where t was the current minute

Last edited:
I am going to be brutally honest here and say the following. Personally I think that the system is what the players make it out to be.

For the most part it's "random"

In the open beta of Project Entropia, I was informed of a very interesting glitch with regards to mining in that claims rendered on the over world map at the incorrect location.

Obviously this got me thinking and showed me proof of what I am going to suggest. What I found is that each km of terrain had the same claim locations as the "cell" next to it. If a scout found a deposit at x 250 y 375 for example, that claim would exist in all other cells.

It made sense, why seed all the areas when you could just seed one and replicate that to others. I have no idea if that is the way that it is now as personally I think Project was a test bed for Entropia Universe so the developers did not mind it going bankrupt.

About my statement above. I personally think that the "patterns" we see are generated by the play style of each player in the game.

Look at veins for example, most miners prospect in straight lines, if you spend ped in straight lines, others can reclaim that ped in straight lines, simple...

Till veins were removed...

Here is the next point. "Crack" a portion of the game and the devs will find a way to change it, always have, always will. They have to make it fair for everyone that plays, regardless of the players perceived intelligence.

I can post arrays and diagrams of systems that I have tested and none have worked, but none of these models can take into account the "random" movements of other players.

So ye, the game is what we make of it.

Veins has never been gone, they are just not straight nnw any longer.

Veins has never been gone, they are just not straight nnw any longer.

Ye Ulam's spiral vanished ages ago ... Replaced by sacks, and now by phi ...

Back