Process Of Elimination Mining (POEM)

R4tt3xx

I want to believe
Society
Freelancer
Alexis Sky Greenstar
Assume that there is a finite space with which to mine in, and that there is a pool of loot that gets added to when we make a mistake in our predictions.

We have just eliminated a possibility from the list, the loot cannot possibly be in the place that we have already searched, so it has to exist someone in the areas that we have not searched yet.....

So then why the hell do miners go back to the same area over and over again ?

That's INSANE ....

The repeating of seasons drives me crazy too. Can we stop at summer (you choose) time?

Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance.

... So then why the hell do miners go back to the same area over and over again ? ...

Maybe they want more of the nice MU ore/em they found there yesterday and the day before that and so on?

For a successful player, Repetition is good.
For a struggling player, Repetition is bad.

Oh no, big Snoop Dogg, back up in the heazy baby. You jockin' my style. You so crazy.

Assume that there is a finite space with which to mine in, and that there is a pool of loot that gets added to when we make a mistake in our predictions.

We have just eliminated a possibility from the list, the loot cannot possibly be in the place that we have already searched, so it has to exist someone in the areas that we have not searched yet.....

That's INSANE ....

I just love reading your posts and theories, "I want to believe" sums it up perfectly.

If anyone will fully stumble on Entropia's secret algorithm, my bet is on you! :cool:

That's INSANE ....

I have bolded the part where your reasoning breaks down. It's like Alan Krom saying "I've shot hundreds of these Mulmun looter Elites and the loot always sucks, why should I shoot one more?"

After you've mined an area, claims will respawn over time, and each claim has more or less the same chance of being "big". The fact that you previously mined a spot has no relevance to what size your claim will be this time. I'm not convinced claim size has anything at all to do with location in the ground.

Now if you're saying that people stand on the same spot and drop NRF after NRF over and over, well I'd agree, that's dumb to do.

I have bolded the part where your reasoning breaks down. It's like Alan Krom saying "I've shot hundreds of these Mulmun looter Elites and the loot always sucks, why should I shoot one more?"

After you've mined an area, claims will respawn over time, and each claim has more or less the same chance of being "big". The fact that you previously mined a spot has no relevance to what size your claim will be this time. I'm not convinced claim size has anything at all to do with location in the ground.

Now if you're saying that people stand on the same spot and drop NRF after NRF over and over, well I'd agree, that's dumb to do.

Not quite true, the claim that respawns and grows first has that potential...

I think it's great that there is plenty of room for crazy in all the professions.

Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

Sanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results in EU.
Shaman 4400 Salvation

Oh, I love this :girl:

Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather
50% chance of rain, 50% chance of snow, 50% chance of sun, 50% chance of hail, 50% chance of wind, 50% chance of thunder storm............. Funny that it seems the forecast of the weather directly correlates to the probability of finding something while mining, but there is a 100% chance of finding nothing if you don't drop a bomb! ;)

Because I produce my own loot

Back