Two things I learned today :)

Billy Jean Ruby

Stalker
Society
Factory of Fun
Billy Jean Ruby
Every day I learn something new in Entropia and that's another reason I never get bored in this world :wise:

So, today I learned/discovered two things.
First of all (and idk if this is for purpose or is a bug), you lose ammo when you use your weapon in the water, even if you don't have a target.
I was crossing a channel today and since mobs are waited for me at the shore I tried to equip my weapon, due lag I didn't saw my weapon for a while and I continuously pushed my "weapon" key. After a while my weapon came to my hand and fired all those times I tried! The result was to lose many K's of ammo.I was surprised by this and I tried again this evening as well, with a smaller weapon ofc :) Same result. You lose ammo in the water every time you use your weapon without target.

Second (useful) lesson was that in a land area there is a difference in the spawn between mobs from a DNA and "natural" spawn. Killing mobs that came from natural spawn don't count for that particularly area and land owner don't get tax from them. Also those mobs not count in events.
I wonder if there is a difference in loot list for those mobs too?
After killing couple of thousands I suspect there is a difference in that also.
If anyone know for sure about this and enlighten me it will much appreciated.

If you were in water on Amethera somewhere, chances are you were in a pvp zone which is why the ammo was used. (All of Amethera is PVP except for land areas that have it turned off)

If you were in water on Amethera somewhere, chances are you were in a pvp zone which is why the ammo was used. (All of Amethera is PVP except for land areas that have it turned off)

Yes, you have absolutely right :)
I was in PvP zone - waters so that's the reason
thanks Narfi

Second (useful) lesson was that in a land area there is a difference in the spawn between mobs from a DNA and "natural" spawn. Killing mobs that came from natural spawn don't count for that particularly area and land owner don't get tax from them. Also those mobs not count in events.
I wonder if there is a difference in loot list for those mobs too?
After killing couple of thousands I suspect there is a difference in that also.

When did MA change that?
I rember time when natural spawns counted for events.
Even mob trains lead to the event LA befor event started scored for the event.

Beside that, how do you analyse that natural spawns do not count for LA owners tax income.
Thats very difficult to test. If this is offical statement by MA please give a link!

And you can find global messages of natural spawned mobs, killed at LA (whatever), check entropialife!
Why there is a global msg naming the LA if the mob doesn´t count for the LA it is killed on.

Beside that be happy that you can shot your gun at Eudoria without losing ammo just for fun, there have been times when ammo was used no matter where you fired the gun (target or not didn´t matter).

When did MA change that?
I rember time when natural spawns counted for events.
Even mob trains lead to the event LA befor event started scored for the event.

AFAIK changed after someone won a molisk event by killing something big they dragged into a molisk event area

AFAIK changed after someone won a molisk event by killing something big they dragged into a molisk event area

Let me guess:

OLA 44 - scored with a big Scip :D

rofl, old feelings. Sad some whinner killed this option.

Thank you all for the info about why that rule changed.
So I think it will be useful and good, if those mobs who are came from DNA addition, have a tag-icon on them?
Like those with "event" tag.

More specifically, it was changed after a bunch of people bitched on the forum about that particular incident, without MA bothering to ask experienced event promoters and hosts what they thought about it.

This change was one of the things that contributed to my decision to quit the event business.

This change was one of the things that contributed to my decision to quit the event business.

Well MA shot their own leg!
Your events where always populated, many PED cycled.

Mob trains cause decay.
Bigger mobs cause more decay than smaller ones.
Killing this option results in less decay.
MA makes money from decay --> MA makes less money now

More specifically, it was changed after a bunch of people bitched on the forum about that particular incident, without MA bothering to ask experienced event promoters and hosts what they thought about it.

That being said, it would still be nice to join and win a molisk event by shooting a ... molisk

the molisk event in cause was one with about 3 k ped in prizes i think or more, 100 ped entry...literally ruining everyone's chance of winning cause you can kill hogs and most people there came equiped for molisk meant a massive wave of complaints :)

The change affects my current ingame events very little, though the issue reemerges every few months...it's a system that requires a lot of thought and balancing and which MA doesn't really care about...

That being said, it would still be nice to join and win a molisk event by shooting a ... molisk

It would be nice to have the choice to determine whether that should be the case when creating the event. When I make an event it should be me that makes the rules, not MA.

It would be nice to have the choice to determine whether that should be the case when creating the event. When I make an event it should be me that makes the rules, not MA.

agreed. could be an 'anything counts' vs 'DNA mobs count only' checkbox

:thumbup:

Can we get a confirmation that natural spawn doesn't count into taxes?

AFAIK the spider spawn in Takuta Plateau is natural right, same with SEG and miner bots on Treasure Island. I find it very hard to believe, if these aren't taxed :)

best thing ever, gg MA:wtg:

such actions should be punished NOT rewarded

one might consider the event is a scam if the rewards are awarded to people that for example bring in proterons in a molisk event

best thing ever, gg MA:wtg:

such actions should be punished NOT rewarded

one might consider the event is a scam if the rewards are awarded to people that for example bring in proterons in a molisk event

Well do you fight in events?
How familar are you with natural spawns inside LAs?
There are many!

It sucks if those don´t count for event points.

That I do know now, is this "exclution" of natural spawn, cost me the top position, in the first event I ever perticipated.
DNA's (vs Natural) should and must have a "mark/tag" on them to declare the difference.
the code is there ---> "event mob tag"!!!!

PS Those mobs I killed, spawned inside the field/land area of the event btw

Could the problem with natural (and dragged) mobs inside an event area be solved by roughly the same mechanism vehicles are disallowed?

A checkbox for event: "Only Land Area DNA spawned creatures". This would, at the event start:
- remove any "natural" (nature? :) ) spawn creatures,
- stop natural spawning inside the event area during the event,
- stop any outside creatures to enter the event area during the event.

If MA's code is so rigid it couldn't stop natural spawns, at least they could add a trigger or two:
- creature about to spawn in area
- creature about to enter area
and either reply "false" (preventing it access), or immediately delete it (or even kill it, if the server code is really bad/inflexible).

At first blush it seems this idea could be implemented with very little work.

My preference would be an option for the event creator (allow scoring on non-DNA mobs, yes or no) and, when "No" is chosen, a marker on the mob like the one Billy suggests. In this case there could still be non-scoring mobs in the area, but avoiding those would be another element to event strategy which would imo be a good thing.

Can we get a confirmation that natural spawn doesn't count into taxes?

AFAIK the spider spawn in Takuta Plateau is natural right, same with SEG and miner bots on Treasure Island. I find it very hard to believe, if these aren't taxed :)

I recieved Sponsorship Money for using SEGs in the WoF so they at least do generate income for the land they're on. Unsure of other mobs. Then again that was up to 2012, might well be different now.

Hurrikane

Manage your land and stop bitching

You learned Wrong! Here are the answers to this part of the post.

Events: All mobs on LA award event points comparable to loot...even fish. Events will be won by whomever gets the most/biggest event points. If the natural spawn is bigger than the DNA then the winners of the event will be those that seek out the bigger mobs. Always scout the LA before you get into the event, get disappointed, and come here whining like a bitch.

Natural spawns:
They are not controlled by the land owner. They DO count towards taxes and event points.

DNA:
DNA mobs can be controlled...somewhat. Land owner can set density and relative maturity. Land owner CANNOT separate or partition the mobs on LA.

Hijack Warning:
In addition, let me speak for all Land Managers here:
DO NOT tell a land owner how to run his/her LA or what you think he/she should do about mobs or events.
It's fucking annoying and makes me want to punch you in the throat.
Mob DNA's are rare and damned expensive, so don't tell a land owner what DNA they "should" get.

Last edited:
You learned Wrong! Here are the answers to this part of the post.

Events: All mobs on LA award event points comparable to loot...even fish. Events will be won by whomever gets the most/biggest event points. If the natural spawn is bigger than the DNA then the winners of the event will be those that seek out the bigger mobs. Always scout the LA before you get into the event, get disappointed, and come here whining like a bitch.

OK if natural spawns still count for event, what about mobs trained to the LA.
I know it worked in the past, several events have been won with mobs spawned outside the LA.

Do mobs that spawned inside LA have a LA tag, same as DNA spawned mobs ?

Marco once said, that all mobs spawned by DNA count towards LA tax, no matter if it gets killed inside or outside LA. Thats why I think there has to be something like LA tag on DNA mobs, if this tag also exists for natural spawns inside LAs, those mobs would also generate income for LA owner, when this mobs are trained of the LA.

Would be nice if we could get some offical statement about it.
Someone got an idea how to test it, ourselves?

OK if natural spawns still count for event, what about mobs trained to the LA.
I know it worked in the past, several events have been won with mobs spawned outside the LA.

Do mobs that spawned inside LA have a LA tag, same as DNA spawned mobs ?

Someone got an idea how to test it, ourselves?

I can't say for sure about mobs trained into the area, but I assume it counts since I've seen Gibnibs and Caudatergus wander over from Medusa Bazaar and global on Enyo and Deino. Since Enyo is an island, it would be hard for me to test.

I've never seen or have any knowledge of a "tag" on any mobs.

Only creatures spawned on a land area will contribute points to events hosted on the land area.

March 13th 2013 VU 14.1

Back