The damage enhancer adventures

Sierra

Dominant
Society
Guess Who
Sierra Sapphire Sionia
Join us on a series of hunt reports while we follow these 250 damage enhancers through a journey of self-discovery and monitor their life.

We add 250 damage enhancers to a Tier 5 Ranked Shortblade, and log out findings.

HuntAmp RepairWeapon RepairIIIIIIIVVTotal Remaining

Amp repair doesn't really matter I suppose! The main reason I'm doing this is because I had a minor panic when I was told enhancers cost 0.24 pec per hit, which drops eco to 2.7xx, even 0.12 is awful too 2.8xx.

I wish to investigate the claim that it is linked to ped spent.

The weapon enhanced with no amp is 18.278 pec per hit.

So far this is 0.1420562281075772 pec per hit.
2.888 damage per pec.

Last edited:
Reserved for some reason or other :)

So far 5149~ hits, 4 enhancers gone.

(67909 + 26217) / 18.278 = 5149

Will have to do this for maybe a week or more to see how many times many enhancers break at a time.

Does anyone have any similar tests?

Interested to see the outcome

Lacking a bit of information.

1. Are you taking about tt value or including markup? (I guess including markup)
2. You are using five enhancer, so is the test for the cost of using five enhancers or the cost for one enhancer? I you want to know the cost of one enhancer you must dived the cost it in five when you doing the test with five.

So far 5149~ hits, 4 enhancers gone.

(67909 + 26217) / 18.278 = 5149

Will have to do this for maybe a week or more to see how many times many enhancers break at a time.

Does anyone have any similar tests?

Not as concise as this but using a T6 Stingury usually breaks 5ish per 1kped run and I've noticed no difference being amped or unamped.

Not as concise as this but using a T6 Stingury usually breaks 5ish per 1kped run and I've noticed no difference being amped or unamped.

Well....from what I've read while prowling the forums....it seems to be that the damage enhancer's break rates are dependent upon the "damage" of the weapon itself....amps does not factor in.

On Low "damage" weapons they supposedly last longer while on high "damage" weapons, they break faster.

Reactions: jod

I would rather tie breakage to number of uses instead of tt of decay (remember that enhanced decay is different than 'naked' when calculating uses from decay).
Hava loads of data about enhancers breakage on my gaming pc, but it's out of reach for some time.

Hava loads of data about enhancers breakage on my gaming pc, but it's out of reach for some time.

Enhancer breakage has always seemed like a complete random mystery to me so I'd be interested in seeing what data you have if you can get to it.

I'm calculating it on average for 5, considering the damage enhancers at 300% markup.

If we assume the enhancers act independently of eachother we can just divide the result by 5, but I am calculating everything as a whole.

Going on another hunt now in a minute and will add a new entry or two after :)

This is on hold, maybe cancelled due to consistent 60-80% returns

Before MA changed breakrate on enhancers attached to UL weapons, dmg enhancers broke on avg around 1k uses.

After change around each 3k uses on avg.

Observation made on aakas fire dagger, sample size around 45k uses.

possibly due to using enhancers...

Most certainly not due to using enhancers
Agree, had some okey runs enhanced and terrible, but I had both type of runs enhanced or non enhanced anyway
Before MA changed breakrate on enhancers attached to UL weapons, dmg enhancers broke on avg around 1k uses.

After change around each 3k uses on avg.

Observation made on aakas fire dagger, sample size around 45k uses.

Agreed. Enhancers are turned to a point that it might actually be worth it imo.
When i used Ranked Scorpion + A106, I tought at 67 reload i'd be murdering enhancers, when i got surprized, i burnt some A106s without even burning down a single enhancer.
Considering how the dps increase also shortens the defensive cost on some mobs (even tho it lowers overall eco) it makes it way better, but i havent run such deep math to see if its worth it

I see that you wrote that enhancers so far seem to decay at a rate that equals ~ 2.888 damage/pec. That's a decent return, but does it count the insane markup that enhancers have? 200-500% markup, I'd imagine, would destroy that rate, and it seems like you'd make more tt markup just selling them on broker (if I'm wrong, tell me, I'd be glad!)

Agree, had some okey runs enhanced and terrible, but I had both type of runs enhanced or non enhanced anyway

Agreed. Enhancers are turned to a point that it might actually be worth it imo.
When i used Ranked Scorpion + A106, I tought at 67 reload i'd be murdering enhancers, when i got surprized, i burnt some A106s without even burning down a single enhancer.
Considering how the dps increase also shortens the defensive cost on some mobs (even tho it lowers overall eco) it makes it way better, but i havent run such deep math to see if its worth it

Exactly, enhancers should not be used blindly (although I don't remember removing any from my Vincent for long time :D)

There are mobs, where just the defensive costs savings, drastically overcome the costs of enhancers.
(Scipulor as an example).

But as with everything in EU, either you do your math homework or you just "spray and pray" :D

Back