Question: What's your hunting setup and why?

HardWrath

Marauder
Society
Freelancer
Max HardWrath Mayhem
People are always curious what others are using and and why. As a result, I think it might be fun, and very informative for people if we share what we use, how we use it, and why.

For me, since I continuously trade a lot of unlimited items, my hunting setup changes often. As a result, I'll be able to post frequent updates to this thread as my gear changes. For the most part, I only hunt with unlimited equipment.

I know that this is PCF and we like to rip each other's faces off whenever we can but let's try to keep the thread as constructive as possible.

So... Don't be shy, share what you have :)

Last edited:
Current setup:

Primary Weapon: CalyTrek CR Spirit Mk.II TEN Edition, tier 6.3 + Dante
This gun has has fantastic damage per pec plus the range and DPS makes it extremely economical to use. Enhanced it's doing 92 DPS and with the next tier it will be doing 97 DPS. With this gun, I don't need a great heal tool or great armor set because if I use it correctly, things are mostly dead before they reach me, which is very important if you are trying to be economical.

Heal Tool: Regen Chip VII / UR150 (L)

Armor: Viceroy or Phantom, depending on what I'm hunting.... 5B plates if needed.

The whole point of the CalyTrek, and the reason it carries the price tag that it does, is the fact that you can nearly eliminate defensive costs if you use it correctly. It has good range, great DPP, and great DPS. The best part is that is that it doesn't require an insanely high skill level to use, the SIB is maxed at level 40.

Also, with large Shared Loot mobs, the DPS is higher than what most people are doing which means that your chances of looting any possible item is increased significantly.

Tagger/Pre-Damage: ML-35 tier 5... I do have a Herman RAW-404 that's more economical for me to use since it has a SIB but the RAW-404 is laser and it pisses me off to no end when I get a skill boost on my tagger that uses a different profession than my primary weapon. Other then that, the RAW is great to tag and pre-damage without tying up a bunch of PEDs

Last edited:
When I don't have a better weapon on hand, I use my Ranked Combat Knife that's tier 6 with a Melee Trauma Amp IV. It's doing nearly 80 DPS fully enhanced with decent enough damage per pec for my purposes. It also has high enough maximum TT value so that I don't have to continuously stop to repair it. I like doing long uninterrupted hunts. I decided to skill melee extensively due to the extra HP gains available as well as how affordable high level unlimited blades are compared to long range weapons. I chose the Ranked Combat Knife specifically because it's a Ranked weapon which can not be sold on auction. As a result, Ranked weapons usually don't carry as high of a price as their auctionable counterparts. Because I trade a lot, it's very important to me to not have extensive amounts of PEDs tied up in anything long-term. I did the Longtooth 30k Bronze and the Feffox 60K Iron with the Ranked Combat Knife.

If I don't have a better long range weapon to pre-damage/tag I'll use a Marber Bravo or (L) rocket, even a Skildek Lancehead to call mobs. If I'm in a thick spawn of low level/low agro mobs, even an Opalo works great.

When I don't have a better heal tool on hand, I have a simple Regeneration Chip VII. I don't like that Regen Chips can't be tiered. When the Regen Chip isn't enough I'll use a UR150 (L)... Soon I'll use a UR175 (L)

For armor, if I have nothing better in hand, I'll use Viceroy. I chose this over Gremlin for two reasons. One is that it looks a lot better and the second is that since it's avatar bound, I can't resell it. I can't even even hold onto an Adjusted Pixie set long term because I end up reselling it :ahh: so it's nice to have something that's with me permanently.

Thats not easy to answer, as it depends what to hunt.

I use opallo naked :D
I use adj Embra naked, or lowish armor (depends on mob)

Got some other gear to deal more damage, but not really big armor.
Best armor sets so far:
Boar
Salamander
T-Bird
Gremlin

sets of 5b, 6a and some other

You see, differnt protections for different mobs.

Rarly use L gear

Don´t think I will upgrade my gear soon, don´t hunt that much these days.

Greed`s Setup

Primary:
Isis LR32 Tier 6 (UnL ofc)

Secondary:
Sollomate Opalo Tier 2

Weapon Attachment:
Omegaton A103

FAP:
Vivo T15(L)

Armor:
Adj. Pixi (For cheap use and Elementary mobs )
Bear (For Hard Cut,Stab, Impact mobs and impressing girls :wtg: )

Armor Plates:
Armor Plating Mark.5B
Armor Plating Mark.6B
Armor Plating Mark.5D (Missing 2 Plates PM if you got em :))

Thats how i use my Armor :)
Adj Pixi + 5b ( The normal setup in game for cut stab impact mobs)
Adj Pixi + 6b ( for allos,esto,evis.... works quite well :wtg: )
Adj Pixi + 5d ( Feffoid,Feffox Protection since the Plate offers Cold Protection,it has 6 Acid Protection too which makes it cool for CP)

Last edited:
mine is based on the DPS monster theory! lol

My usual setup is:

Mod Merc + a106
ml35 + dante for tagging
Mix of shadow/sup/jag armor
Hedoc Mayhem imp

Also have Viking / Grem / Adj Pixie / Mix of Tbird(L) & ghost as needed depending on the mob + various sets of plates.

The Fap is new to my setup and has made a huge difference as this is where I've been lacking until now. Still finding the limits of what mobs are suitable for me.

I don't like (L) and will avoid is as much as possible. I'd like to replace the tagger for something laser but i'd also like a hyp a204 - both for now are just wishlist items as I get by with what I have.

Stina's Noob Setup!

Weapons: Bukin's Blade(Small mobs & Finisher)
Khorum Ice Dagger (For the biggest mobs I hunt at the moment)
Ancient Red Scorpion (This does the job for my mid lvl mobs that i hunt, Will use Omegaton Igni L1000 eventually so this weapon also serves dual purpose to raise my skills until i max that gun)

Amps: A101 At the moment this is the only one that I need. Havnt made up my mind about the Melee amps yet :p

Scopes/Sights: 2x Hunnir Laser Sight, Jzar Precision Scope (Always equipped on Ancient Red Scorpion for max skill gains)

Armor/Plates: Adj Pixie + 2A plates I prefer to tier my armor for fun and not heal so much so i tend to wear this all the time whatever the mob atm I also like to get swarmed to increase my evade as much as possible during this low level stage

Healing Tool: Hedoc Mayhem Tier 5 fully eco enhanced (Great tool, good eco and fast heals!)

Tagger: I prefer not to tag and most of the mobs i hunt dont need it either but if by chance I ever do need to I use my Ancient Red Scorpion

Targeted Mobs: Atrax, Argonaut, Cornundacauda, Armax, Molisk, Rippersnapper, Prancer <- All low maturity. Combibo (High) Merp (mid - high Bronze Misson)

Great thread btw! looking forward to reading about other people's setups!

Last edited:
My hunting setup is... Genesis dragon breath and viceroy.. no wait.. that gave me headaches... Genesis sulfury and viceroy and liakon.. no that gave me headaches too..

Well.. let's see herman desert 42 L and beast.. no... wasn't enough... decayed like crazy. Let's see calytrek ten mk2 and dante with dune... Meh too much ped tied up and dune was over kill..

Let's go to firefly and vi amp.. yummy but too much defense cost.. so let's add arcspark to the mix but hey I can't use that yet. Firefly was boring and needed more tests .. so let's sell that and go to calytrek cr mk2 ten because I've never used that before .. right? Tests came out good but soured on hunting but lion set was great for my la.. Arkadia Land Area 6, East of Taipan digsite.

So back to arcspark and vi amp with a laser or blp rifle for pre damage.. but can't use that yet! So I'm using songkra dagger to skill and then sticking with arcspark... for now (6 to 8 months.. no weeks... days?)

To be Continued.

Btw.. I don't use plates.. I use gyro fap 30 and gyro combat fap 30.

Last edited:
Optac Tier 1.9 (M, UL) with either 8A SGA Plates or 6A Plates, depending on what I'm hunting. For impact mobs, I get 62 impact protection from the armor/8As. For bots, the 6As get put on. Vanguard Commanders do very little damage to Optac/6A, making them easy to hunt.

Ranked Scorpion Tier 5.5 (UL) with Hotfoot 25 (L) or my a105. Really, I'm just waiting until I can afford an a204 OC, but the Hotfoot 25 lasts a while and adds some solid DPS. With full enhancers and the Hotfoot 25, it does 92.5 DPS (with 67 attacks per minute, which is great when you need to drop a quick heal) and it has 2.871 DPP (which will be much better with an a204 series amp). I just use a Marber Bravo to tag because its the same ammo type as my Ranked Scorpion.

Regeneration Chip XI (UL) because its the highest available MF heal chip (although you can't tier them which is frustrating). 80+ HP per heal which is solid.

I mostly hunt Mulmun Looter Elites and Vanguard Commanders right now, yes they are a bigger gamble than most, but they are a lot of fun :D I also go out for Proterons, Aurli, and Levis from time to time.

Arcspark T6.8 (still waiting on last tick) with all dmg enhancers + Trauma VI (high dps but small enough hits to grind anything without overkill)
Angel + 5B
Firewall mk3 (self crafted so basicly UL) + 6B

Regen X chip during fights
Adapted T15 between

Barringer SR47 + dante for tagging and letting people know there is a 'man' around.

For boss mobs
enhanced ZK10 + Low Rider mk2

or when I don't have one any 1ped (L) gun that fits a Dante and has decent tier rates (often calytrek mk3s)

UL angel +5b ( t3-t4 use armor eco enhancers for the most part)
UL omegaton asg-12 bucketful t8+adjusted evil 108 dps @ 2.92dpp or dante 103 dps at 2.94dpp
imp hedoc t2, eco enhancers (around 16 hp per pec efficiency)

how i use those items?
hm guess if i could correctly answer that question, it would also give me some insight to why my loot sucks sometimes.

I guess i should not use plates for most mobs under lvl 42 with my current armor and fap. I dont like getting hit for 1.0 dmg, i think thats a sign you're using too much protection.I must try my best not to over-heal with fap and another thing that i should be paying attention to is my weapon eco. im just so happy to have a high dps gun that i try to do my max dps, all the time, which can cause my crappy returns because i could be more efficient with lower dps and higher dpp, but all that depends on who i am hunting with (team or solo) and the maturity of the mobs.

there is no simple answer for me, its all about finding the good balance with whatever items im using.

Mod hedoc mayhem, and usuall vigi or phantom with 5b/6a for defense

Foxtrot ME tier 4 or first gen combustive chip VIII tier 1 for tagging.

LC-60 + a105 for range then I finish them off with tier 4 castorian combat mace MKVI and trauma amp VI. Then comes a corrosive X L chip as a finisher.

Harrier Assault Adjusted + .5b platings + some big UL gun that i am currently selling (most recently justifier mk.v tier 5.2) if not available then Rookie LH27 (L) with some limited amp (usually xr80).

Why that setup? Because i dont hunt very often and dont care too much about being eco when hunting.
If some event (like mayhem etc, then usually buy some medium armor for resale purpose and use it. Last time Boar with .5b)

- Vincent DPS LR37 TEN EDITION T5 + a106 (effective 79.75 DPS with 79.2 Range)

Ultimate weapon given the level requirement, you can hunt mobs like young proterons, feffox, globsters etc.. naked.
Weapon just great for everything from solo hunt to events. Only downside is the sound sample of the gun that is little bit louder compared to other guns. But MA hopefully adjusts that.

- Arsonistic Chip III TEN Edition T5

There is no way back from Arso once you try it. It's quite a game changer in terms of your DPS output. Plus you skill mf/ pyro extremely fast.

- Adjusted Hedoc Mayhem T3

Awesome FAP for it's price, more heals then SK80. Another item you never sell, only replace for imp/ mod (that's what I am planning ;))

- Angel (T2-4) + 5B

Not that Angel is some super duper life all around armor, I just simply wanted to own it :D It's a decent armor, that's it. :)

EDIT:

Just to make some people drolling, for tagging I use a borrowed gun from my friends:

- Meckel & Loch ML-45 Improved T2

Last edited:
Well i do not play that much lately, as a lot of stuff is happening rl. I got a lot of stuff and once i bought something i usually keep it forever. Therefore i have a good stockpile of gear which i still use depending on mood and mob i like to hunt. One thing is common i do not like (L) and so i got a good bunch of UL stuff:

Tagger: RAW-101 + A104

Primary weapon:
Ozpyn RSB S1X2 + MTA IV ( Once leveled RCK + MTA IV )
Project zero three + beast
P5a + A105
Philosopher sword
Or something small when i hunt small (A wide range of different TT weapons, low level Ozpyn, Ancient greece etc. )

Heal tool:
S.I, Heart, Herb box, Adj SK-20 SGA, Adj Mayhem

Armors: Gremlin, Ghost, Hunter, Vigi, Shogun, Kobold, Adj Pixie, Pixie

Varoius plates e.g. 5a,5b,6a,6b,2a,1a ...

I like the variation, because with my setups i can hunt a wide range of mobs with my lowest dps of ~3 dps and max dps of ~54 dps and protection against various damage types. I almost never hunt big, so the setups fit my hunting style pretty well.

Tagging: CalyTrek CR Soul MK.II E.L.M Edition (L)
Main weapon: Emik enigma L1, L2 (L) + dante
Fap: vivo T15, Regeneration chip VI, herb box
Armor: Adj pixie, viceroy, 5B plates

Have so little time to spend on entropia cause of real life situation.
So i trie to have some fun, with good and cheap (L) gear.
At the moment doing kreltin iron challenge and viceroy + 5B seems to work very good against kreltin.
More firepower would be awesome, but due poor skills this is best i can use.

-Samppa

FF Dar9300 + 105 for tagging
T4 arson + maxed I2870 + 106
T4 adj fap
Not playing much.. 92% return after mu doesn't really motivate me

I hunt with my falux because it's bent.

T4 M71A2+Improved A105
Zero-Seven+Dante

Viceroy, Adjusted Pixie and Chronicle with plates if needed

UR175

FF Dar9300 (Maxed ) for tagging without amp or Camo (maxed )with Evil amp.
DOA RJ ME ( Maxed ) with Evil amp.
UR200 or heal chip IV.
Shadow.
Like Das said " Not playing much " because of the "wonderful" loot.

Adj Pixie +5b
Kallous-7 +A104 or Ewe LC-150 + A104 or E-Amp 15

Because that's all the gear The Man will let me have.

Also have a set of Gremlin that I am not impressed with.

Adj Pixie +5b
Kallous-7 +A104 or Ewe LC-150 + A104 or E-Amp 15

Because that's all the gear The Man will let me have.

You're not impressed with Gremlin? With 5B it's a very solid, armor for mid-level mobs. Not to mention it gives you reasonable access to CP.

Gremlin is nice armor for mid level mobs that do some acid, beside other dmg.

Examples:
Frescoquda
Proteron
Furor
Formicacida
Leviathan

Thats only Caly mobs, there are more at other planets

Gremlin is really fine!

Beside that I use it sometimes for mobs that do 100% acid, due to lack of other acid armor in my inventory :D

Foxtrot ME: long range tagging (depends on the mob, not used much)
Adj Stark-97 T5 + adj Cause: tagger/predamager (less than 10% of total dmg usually)
Songkra dagger T6 + VI amp: main dps

Jaguar UL [+ various plates sometimes] (mixed w some Shadow parts, althou i'm not sure i need em actually)
Hedoc SK-20 Adj T4 w Heal enhancers: main fap (used between mobs)
Vivo UR125 (L) or Hedoc-SK80 (L): emergency fap

Using this setup because
- fighting in close contact with the mob is fun (in my book),
- it's reasonably eco (@ Evader lvl 48),
- investment (in gear, althou not in skills) is pretty much nonexistent.

My Tamer-skilling setup is: Dominax Cobra T2, Hoplite T3, no fap.

Not any surpising setup from me I believe.
Viceroy it's my "everyday" armor with 5B plates since all mobs I like to hunt are covered by those.
for L armors my choices are Stealth (L,C) (or the grey L one if I don't find any parts) and Angel (my obssesion). Those I like because are both awesome in protection I need and are cool in style too :)
Weapons, since I'm a laser pistoleer, anything L that giving me SIB.
Right now I'm in a level that there aren't many choices, so I'm almost stuck with Igni L1011!
Fapping rare needed but when I need I choose Hedoc SK-20 L or Omegaton Fast Aid 50 UL.
Tagger anything I got from my loot (Photonic/CalyTrek etc), no finisher now or in some cases Oni's (that one who fit with the mob I hunt).

Last edited:
I would say that most important in my hunting setup is choice of armor and plates (have over 30 diff armors, all UL). For instance, hunting small trox atm, with vampire+4A, the reason being that the vampire only has stab protection, making decay on it non-existent basically, while the 4A´s still negates a decent amount of damage (dmg received between 7-33points), allowing me to heal between mobs, this way I get to skill paramedic. A normal run costs between 1120-1170peds (depending if I need to buy SME), armor decay 12 ped, fap 15 ped and 2-3 ped MF/refiner, rest is weapon/amp decay. Could probably optimize armor by switching to valiant+5A, but would not be able to tier the armor then (no imp/stab/cut dmg).

Regarding gremlin and it has been said many times, if you can not kill it in gremlin+5B, use fapper!

Gremlin+5B is a good mid-level armor.:yay::yay::yay:

My setup is simple and I use it for all I hunt. Why complicate things :D

-Modmerc T3+OA204 as main
-M71A2 for tagging
-Shadow +5B/6A
-Mod hedoc

Back